Wonderking 2 Support Thread

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Exclamation Wonderking 2 Support Thread

Ok since it seems the last two threads got removed from being necro'd i'm going to make this post instead. Idk if many of you have heard about a game called Wonderking but it is a sidecrolling 2d mmo, much like Maplestory and La Tale in artstyle. It was around from 2009 to December of 2011 but shut down due to legal issues with the developers and the content hub company. But now that it has been resolved, the developers won and have been on full throttle since March 2013 and have since then opened the game in 3 other countries. Japan, Thailand, and Korea.

My request to those of you who are familiar or would like to see this game thrive, is help support its NA community by participating in this thread post here--

Suba Games

This is a publisher company who has taken interest in our plea but the only thing remaining is support. And for that we need support from everyone we can get who is interested in this game. Please take your time and leave a post about what you remember about this game, or what you would like to see come out of it, if it arrived in NA.

Thank you once again for your support and we wish to see you in-game

Id like to keep this short but if you have any questions please feel free to respond and I will do my best to answer them. If you'd like to join in on the community and check us out; we're over at --

clubwk.com

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Good luck and hopefully they listen.

Never did get a chance to play wonderking when it was out for it's short life.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Technikal View Post

Very fun 2d mmo, wonderking 2 is a reboot in case you didn't know.
    Sadly the JP server(i'm pretty sure it was jp) uses the original exp rates, which are god awful even by eastern standards so even though WK2 is easily playable what with there having been a english version, the rates are abysmal that it feels like such a drag.|

like ENG it's mid 50's you feel grind, then 80's when it's heavy. I got to 40ish and it was heavy in WK2

Quote Originally Posted by Technikal View Post

Thank you, we look forward to it coming to NA, and we have high hopes with this company. We've actually also been trying to contact Aeria and OGP to see if they're interested as well.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Great game but I already playing it until I got bored of grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Great game but I already playing it until I got bored of grinding.
    Yeah it's just as Acreon said, the exp rates in the foreign countries are very slow. Even for their regional norms. I just enjoy the game a lot because of its meaning to me. It's very vintage and priceless because it was my mmohome all throughout my highschool years and ive met lifelong friends there. I'm very stoked to see that we've struck interest with a publisher and iv'e been getting the word around as best as I can, hahah.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Been seeing a lot of odd old games being requested for Suba Games to host. Can't say I'd play any of them myself honestly but I still wish you guys luck.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

Isnt Ignited planning on remaining as the NA host?

I couldve sworn they posted something about ongoing negotiations or something along those lines.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post

I couldve sworn they posted something about ongoing negotiations or something along those lines.
    Now that you mention it I remember that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post

Problem is that their contract with Ryu&Soft is useless because 2Win Games is the newly established developer company. Therefore Ignited doesn't have a contract with them in current standing and would have to renew it. That being said they haven't made any comment about there actually being any progress in the negotiations. They're starting from scratch one like everyone else but seeing as how they haven't been doing very well with putting out news, we can only go as far as to say that they haven't made any progress at all. With Suba Games however we have had the support of a community manager who remains in contact with us and has been updating us on the progress of our thread and it has been stickied on the suggestions as well.

Suba Games recently brought back Lucent Heart with the community using the same method as we are now. So it is most definitely worth the shot that we are taking with them. At this point I personally have lost hope in Ignited doing much of anything at the moment because ever since the shut down of Wonderking, all they have been doing is soliciting the Facebook page and other outlets with news on their other games. It irks me.

But at this point I can safely say that Ignited has not put out any news about developments and no, there have not been any ongoing negotiations whatsoever with 2Win Games. Since Wonderking is under "new" ownership, it requires Ignited to appeal from scratch and establish a contract with 2Win from there, so I highly doubt Ignited is anywhere closer to obtaining the game than any other MMO publisher at the moment.

In short, Suba Games is the way to go right now in terms of outreach and hope that they pick it up in time.