Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dawngate: Discussion

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 212

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Oh I'm not claiming that smaller pools=automatically more balanced, just by having fewer champs you obviously have less things ot consider when balancing.
    And yeah though the pros should be a big part of balance, some champs aren't played by pros just because of preference a lot. I mean look back on all the anivia play by...(shit what's his name...). Anivia to most at the time wouldn't be considered a top tier pick. So just goes to show that even if a champ is really strong, doesn't means pros will play it.

onto dawngate-agreed on spaminess part, it takes away the difficulty of mana management but makes positioning that much more important(because everyone is Riven and can be ready to fight in a matter of seconds haha)
    Rumble is amazing but nobody in NA played it until they saw EU Rumble players.

LeBlanc and Zed had amazing burst potential, but nobody started playing them until recently.

Gragas was the most underplayed champion in the game.

With nerfs to pink wards, people are only now beginning to pick-up evelynn and teemo.

So just goes to show that even if a champ is really strong, doesn't means pros will play it.
    ^This

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Rumble is amazing but nobody in NA played it until they saw EU Rumble players.

LeBlanc and Zed had amazing burst potential, but nobody started playing them until recently.

Gragas was the most underplayed champion in the game.

With nerfs to pink wards, people are only now beginning to pick-up evelynn and teemo.

^This
    Yeah my friend(Diamond 4) and I (silver 4 and gold 3[TT]) are confused as to why it took people so long to realize Gragas was as good as he is. Fat man is a monstah.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

well, finally experienced full-build Vex. like a twisted love-child of Koggie & Twitch. 12% max HP damage per hit that I could of spread to everyone else had I bothered to get Fate (Runaan's Hurricane) instead of Insight (20% bonus AA range and a true damage proc). was too afraid of a fed Freia QQ.
    Messing around.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 104

I've been playing the game for ages and have about 200+ wins right now. Before the wipe I had about 150+ or so. I haven't been back to the game recently since I've been playing LoL with my girlfriend, but if I continued to play I would probably be at about 500+ wins. I also participated in several Parasite Post beta tournaments hosted by Razer and won several of them. :P So, you could say that my "MMR" is high in this game, and I'm considered one of the strongest support players in the game right now. So if people have questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

I made a thread about the game ages ago, but it was only active with just about 3 of us talking about it.
    Last edited by The Great Beyond; 02-03-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    I've been playing the game for ages and have about 200+ wins right now. Before the wipe I had about 150+ or so. I haven't been back to the game recently since I've been playing LoL with my girlfriend, but if I continued to play I would probably be at about 500+ wins. I also participated in several Parasite Post beta tournaments hosted by Razer and won several of them. :P So, you could say that my "MMR" is high in this game, and I'm considered one of the strongest support players in the game right now. So if people have questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

I made a thread about the game ages ago, but it was only active with just about 3 of us talking about it.
    Someone fed us because...were growing. :P
    Currently Playing: Paladins, Fallout 4 Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Yeah i must have missed the post somehow, maybe I was at my parents or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    Someone fed us because...were growing. :P
    My support mains usually vary by the lane match ups. Raina, Kel, King of Mask, Renzo, and Desecrator. Last tournament I was in and we won, I was doing a Desecrator/Mikella lane.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

played this game a while back. I couldn't get into it. imo the animations just don't seem fluid and don't have 'impact' if you get what i mean.

it really sucks cause i love the artstyle and most of the heroes. I doubt they'll change it but heres hoping O=

Quote Originally Posted by chakraflare View Post
    played this game a while back. I couldn't get into it. imo the animations just don't seem fluid and don't have 'impact' if you get what i mean.

it really sucks cause i love the artstyle and most of the heroes. I doubt they'll change it but heres hoping O=
    I fell like the animations are fine overall are great, a few could sharper or flashier(Viyana ult is easy to identify but it doesn't feel as cool as it could be.) how long ago was it? maybe they've improved since you last played.

sooooo info about next patch. Info Link on most things: http://www.moba-champion.com/news/index.php?id=203

-new physical bruiser with a druid theme
    -some character skins
    -couple of ward skins
    -new summoner spell (think Ignite that has lifesteal and deals magical damage instead of true damage)
    -new T3 item that grants haste, a little health, has a passive that lowers summoner spell CDs, and an aura that grants haste and a chance for an AA to fire twice (second shot deals 50% less damage).

Other part is that they're introducing cash-shop currency in weekly stipends.

Edit:
    Just a little bit more info, has some hard numbers on new Shaper and talks a little bit more about the twitch vid: http://theshapersguild.com/dawngate-...-feb-3rd-2014/

In addition, skins can be won if you get a Divine roll.
    Last edited by Jerov; 02-03-2014 at 11:49 PM.
    Messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerov View Post
    sooooo info about next patch. Info Link on most things: http://www.moba-champion.com/news/index.php?id=203

-new physical bruiser with a druid theme
    -some character skins
    -couple of ward skins
    -new summoner spell (think Ignite that has lifesteal and deals magical damage instead of true damage)
    -new T3 item that grants haste, a little health, has a passive that lowers summoner spell CDs, and an aura that grants haste and a chance for an AA to fire twice (second shot deals 50% less damage).

Other part is that they're introducing cash-shop currency in weekly stipends.

Edit:
    Just a little bit more info, has some hard numbers on new Shaper and talks a little bit more about the twitch vid: http://theshapersguild.com/dawngate-...-feb-3rd-2014/

In addition, skins can be won if you get a Divine roll.
    Hmmm no info on the conversion rate for the CS currency yet?

Hmmm no info on the conversion rate for the CS currency yet?
    AFAIK, no. can always check out the Twitch vid where they talk about monetization.

uuhhh, oh, one more important thing. they are going to randomize how the currency is distributed. this doesn't mean one player is going to get stuff to spend while someone else doesn't. it just means that one person may get a high amount of currency, another low amount, and maybe a third with about a medium amount. they explicitly said they also want to give enough in the stipends so you can make multiple purchases. now what THAT means is open to interpretation.

Edit:
    Patch is out now. Link: http://forums.waystonegames.com/foru...Patch-24-Notes

Additional things:
    -Dodge penalty put in
    -3D Model Viewer put in, so you can actually see how the character looks in-game with their skin(s). (so DOTA 2)
    -On top of the skins, you can buy the Shapers for 640 WP (so assuming right now 100 WP = 1$, each Shaper is about $6.40, or a little less than the most expensive champ price in LoL assuming you do the 10$ bundle)
    -Runes and sparks are in-game currency only, like LoL
    Last edited by Jerov; 02-04-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Messing around.

So what do you guys think of the new shaper?
    she's pretty interesting imho. She has 1:1 attack and as ratio, good initiate&base bulk

she seems fine. good use of her trees means she can zip around the map, and her ult steroid & passive guarantees that she's trouble late-game (no real need for health items outside of glory or rampancy & whatever defensive items she gets). early-game (pre-6) looks to be a bit bad to meeehhh, which is k.

oh, one interesting thing about the jungle that I've noticed/have done lately, is that on the first run through the jungle it's common to go invade the enemy jungle and steal their armor buff for a quick lvl 3 (so power -> enemy armor -> haste -> your armor if not taken). it's interesting in that buff stealing is encouraged so early on, and it encourages your teammates on the other side of the map to lend you a hand if at all possible in protecting your armor buff, or at least alerting you that the enemy is going to take your armor buff.

Edit:
    Link to some stuff on Waystone's Itempalooza where they show off item reworks and new items for the upcoming big itemization thing they talked about in the past: http://theshapersguild.com/tag/itempalooza/
    Last edited by Jerov; 02-07-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    Messing around.

Double-posting since Waystone did a big Twitch session yesterday where they showed off Map v2.0, which has significant changes not to just the map itself, but also to map objectives, the guardian, and the towers. They also talk about:
    -Role updates, primarily for Gladiator and Tactician
    -Passive vim gain changes (both from the wells+passive income and minions dying around you) and active vim gain change for LHing minions
    -Moba-champion now has all item reworks and additions to be done with Itempalooza
    -Possible across-the-board balancing for the Shapers
    -One moment hints at three to six more summoner spells in the works

Sooo then, first, the Twitch vid on Youtube
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Moba-champion's Itempalooza DB: http://www.moba-champion.com/itempalooza/

Shapers Guild's Twitch vid cliff-notes: http://theshapersguild.com/dawngates...0-itempalooza/

Sooo thoughts on the latest map changes? New items or reworked items? Vim changes? Other stuff?
    Messing around.

I played on the new map while it was in it's early stages and I honestly didn't like it. It does help bruisers in-lane that struggle to initiate at early levels like Cerulean, but it makes it a hassle for junglers to gank lanes since the lanes are wider.

I haven't been able to play myself since the last patch, the game suddenly became unoptimized for me and I get constant frame rate lag =\
    Strife is proving to be...disappointing sadly, so hopefully dawngate can fix itself here haha.

Also what do you guys think of the recent drain summoner spell? seems way too versatile imho.

Also what do you guys think of the recent drain summoner spell? seems way too versatile imho.
    It's annoying early game, just like ignite. Late-game I don't really notice it outside of the heal reduction, but usually by then one or two enemies will have Pain which makes the second part of drain moot. The Will rework (flat magical damage reduction) and new Wit's End items should balance out drain even more at least early to mid-game.

On the map changes, eehh, I'm in wait & see mode. My chief concerns right now is the "X lane or feed" thing may make a return, along with locking up the lane compositions a bit. As in, top is going to be the new bot lane (ADC+support/tank) while bot is essentially anything goes AS LONG AS you're mobile. Anything less and it'll just turn into a gank-fest against you.
    Messing around.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

I played on the new map while it was in it's early stages and I honestly didn't like it. It does help bruisers in-lane that struggle to initiate at early levels like Cerulean, but it makes it a hassle for junglers to gank lanes since the lanes are wider.
    Yeah the new map in early stages sucked. But if you watch that video, you can see they did a complete re-haul of it as well, and made it much better.

It looks good, I really hope it plays as fun as it looks.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

So I tried playing again, saw there was a small patch and guess what? Game is optimized for me again!
    Woo hoo
    also had someone who shit-talked desecrator the whole game. it was weird since I'd consider des. one of the best what with just how often he can pump out cc. his only real draw back is that their all area/skill shots.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

So I tried playing again, saw there was a small patch and guess what? Game is optimized for me again!
    Woo hoo
    also had someone who shit-talked desecrator the whole game. it was weird since I'd consider des. one of the best what with just how often he can pump out cc. his only real draw back is that their all area/skill shots.
    Yeah Dese is a beast. Dawnscout says he has a good win rate, but low pick rate.

I went back to Dawngate as well and felt fully revitalized. I love the new loadout system and new shapers. A lot of fun.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Woo hoo
    Desecrator is a situational pick. His ultimate is really good to stop caps on spirit wells & to pressure enemy teams when they try to fight Para 3, but in teamfights without a Decay, it doesn't do much at all. His CC of course is very good, but smart players utilize Blitz in teamfights to stop his CC chains. Renzo, Raina, Kel, KoM are stronger picks in my opinion. I did use Desecrator in tournaments and because of a Desecrator, we won a couple of them.

Desecrator is a situational pick. His ultimate is really good to stop caps on spirit wells & to pressure enemy teams when they try to fight Para 3, but in teamfights without a Decay, it doesn't do much at all. His CC of course is very good, but smart players utilize Blitz in teamfights to stop his CC chains. Renzo, Raina, Kel, KoM are stronger picks in my opinion. I did use Desecrator in tournaments and because of a Desecrator, we won a couple of them.
    Yeah he certainly isn't for every team comp that's for sure, but he is still pretty solid.
    Renzo though...that man is a monster with splendid mustache.

You guys I'm loving marah the tree girl. So meaty, so powerful.
    Last edited by Acreon; 02-22-2014 at 12:04 AM.