Dark Souls (PS3)

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Default Dark Souls (PS3)

So I bought this game after talking about in the shout box for a few minutes. So far it's been pretty fun, but I've got to admit that while it's not the harest game I've played, it is a bit more difficult than I'm used to. I've been dying a lot, which is OK. I'm also still fairly early on in the game. I think I've just killed my second or third "boss", as an idea on how far I've gotten.

Anyone got some tips and whatnot? What's the deal with all the notes I see on the ground? Some of them are helpful, such as warnings, but most seem to be fairly useless (I see a lot of "I did it!"). I plan to trade this in and buy Dark Souls II once that's released. Not sure if I'll get the PC version and just buy a controller for that, or if I'll get it on the PS3. I'm thinking I might enjoy PC + controller better, so does anyone have a recommended controller I should get for my computer?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

The ground "tips" are placed by other players and sometimes can lead to death.
    Tips? Don't watch Walktroughts on youtube. It's a game you have to explore. Though there are few very good Lore vidoes on youtube, but you should watch em later i'd say.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Romgor View Post
    Thanks for the link.

@Fluffy,

Yeah, I feel the game will be a thousand times more enjoyable if I leave it to myself to discover the ins-and-outs myself. Part of the magic of a new game is having stuff there to discover.

The notes thing is interesting. I'll need to begin rating them. Do they last forever? Or are they just temporary? And is "I did it!" just the default text for a note? Because that is spammed everywhere.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Thanks for the link.

@Fluffy,

Yeah, I feel the game will be a thousand times more enjoyable if I leave it to myself to discover the ins-and-outs myself. Part of the magic of a new game is having stuff there to discover.

The notes thing is interesting. I'll need to begin rating them. Do they last forever? Or are they just temporary? And is "I did it!" just the default text for a note? Because that is spammed everywhere.
    As far as i remember it was pretty much the basic, like, the message you can write without pressing any more buttons lol. I think it was one per person, so i guess its kinda perm until you place a new one.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Deleted your other thread for ya.

I still haven't played this, because I'm too intimidated by everyones opinions of it.