Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone up to or playing guild wars 2?

Olpah's Object Reputation: 61

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    yeah, b/c there were complaints saying that spvp was pointless they'ved changed/added a lot of features.

You gain something called glory when you spvp. Think of it as exp in pve. You can buy items called tomes of knowledge with glory. They cost 1.5k + 20 silver. When you win a tpvp match, you win 1k glory and...i think like 5 silver. Each match takes only like 10 minutes or so and ques CONSTANTLY pop. By far the best way to level imo. You have to win of course....if you lose you still get glory and silver...just not as much.

i actually have 2 level 80s right now and if i use my remaining glory i'd probably have another level 20...who i could get to 80 in a week or two through casually playing
    where can you buy those tomes?

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Did they add any end game PVC rankings or ladder?

Currently Playing: Eldevin

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    yeah, b/c there were complaints saying that spvp was pointless they'ved changed/added a lot of features.

You gain something called glory when you spvp. Think of it as exp in pve. You can buy items called tomes of knowledge with glory. They cost 1.5k + 20 silver. When you win a tpvp match, you win 1k glory and...i think like 5 silver. Each match takes only like 10 minutes or so and ques CONSTANTLY pop. By far the best way to level imo. You have to win of course....if you lose you still get glory and silver...just not as much.

i actually have 2 level 80s right now and if i use my remaining glory i'd probably have another level 20...who i could get to 80 in a week or two through casually playing
    They always had glory in the game, but glory could only be used to buy the chests that give PvP cosmetic items. It's only the tome of knowledge Merchant NPC that they added recently. When they added that NPC I was already sitting on 300k++ glory because I only play sPvP. I used it mostly to buy the cosmetic items from the NPC which were previously only accessible to higher ranks like Shark and Dragon rank. The remaining bit I spent on tomes which got 2 characters to lvl 80. Kind of a useless investment because I don't play PvE and didn't even take those 80 characters outside Heart of the Mists.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    They always had glory in the game, but glory could only be used to buy the chests that give PvP cosmetic items. It's only the tome of knowledge Merchant NPC that they added recently. When they added that NPC I was already sitting on 300k++ glory because I only play sPvP. I used it mostly to buy the cosmetic items from the NPC which were previously only accessible to higher ranks like Shark and Dragon rank. The remaining bit I spent on tomes which got 2 characters to lvl 80. Kind of a useless investment because I don't play PvE and didn't even take those 80 characters outside Heart of the Mists.
    You must have mis-interpreted my response, i didn't say that they added glory...I said they added features which included the tomes. But yes, i did the same thing you did, when they made glory actually worth something i began to spend my access glory I had saved up.

Also, you can buy these tomes from the glory merchant who is next to the merchant that sells the amulets in the mists (spvp world)