anyone up to or playing guild wars 2?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

anyone still looking to play/get started/find a group? I've literally leveled up my main to 80 thru spvp so whoever i party with (low levels), we should be able to do things relatively fast!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    anyone still looking to play/get started/find a group? I've literally leveled up my main to 80 thru spvp so whoever i party with (low levels), we should be able to do things relatively fast!
    wait you lvled your character trough spvp ? fill me in i thought that was not possible because spvp got separate lvls and you are lvl 80 instantly ? havent done much pvp to know.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    I was thinking about buying the game but wanted to try it out a bit more first. I would be happy to play with you if you're interested. If not, I might eventually buy the game. Still debating on what to try. I played GW during the beta but got a refund because It didn't sell me. I regret not ever getting very far after seeing some of the screenshots of the world.
    I absolutely HATED Guild Wars 1. GW 2 is similar but also very very different. A much much better game. I recommend it.

If anyone wants to play I'm on ehmry bay but tbh I'm kind of into Rift and easing my way into Wakfu. But if enough people play ill hop on but I'm already level 64 so don't have any plans to switch servers.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger and counting...

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons and counting...

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS, and counting...

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    wait you lvled your character trough spvp ? fill me in i thought that was not possible because spvp got separate lvls and you are lvl 80 instantly ? havent done much pvp to know.

yeah, b/c there were complaints saying that spvp was pointless they'ved changed/added a lot of features.

You gain something called glory when you spvp. Think of it as exp in pve. You can buy items called tomes of knowledge with glory. They cost 1.5k + 20 silver. When you win a tpvp match, you win 1k glory and...i think like 5 silver. Each match takes only like 10 minutes or so and ques CONSTANTLY pop. By far the best way to level imo. You have to win of course....if you lose you still get glory and silver...just not as much.

i actually have 2 level 80s right now and if i use my remaining glory i'd probably have another level 20...who i could get to 80 in a week or two through casually playing

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

GW2 is just depressing nowadays. The game had so much potential, but from the balance team stream you can see that the devs have no clue what they are doing in regards to balance. It's sad because the game had some professional attention mid last year. There were some professional teams playing like Denial Esports. But, now after they realized the folly of the dev team every real PvPer quit the game in favor of Smite.

On top of the terrible balance team, it doesn't help that rebalance changes occur once in a blue moon and even then the changes are so minute that they don't change the catastrophic failure that is this game's PvP.

That being said it does have the most competitive PvP in the mmorpg genre, but that's not saying much.

As for PvE, it's the same old story new package. PvE hasn't changed much in big budget mmorpgs for a long time because devs don't want to take risks by reinventing the wheel. If you are interested in PvE content I'd point you to Path of Exile or Wakfu.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 02-09-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 61

yeah, b/c there were complaints saying that spvp was pointless they'ved changed/added a lot of features.

You gain something called glory when you spvp. Think of it as exp in pve. You can buy items called tomes of knowledge with glory. They cost 1.5k + 20 silver. When you win a tpvp match, you win 1k glory and...i think like 5 silver. Each match takes only like 10 minutes or so and ques CONSTANTLY pop. By far the best way to level imo. You have to win of course....if you lose you still get glory and silver...just not as much.

i actually have 2 level 80s right now and if i use my remaining glory i'd probably have another level 20...who i could get to 80 in a week or two through casually playing
    where can you buy those tomes?

Did they add any end game PVC rankings or ladder?

Currently Playing: Eldevin

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

They always had glory in the game, but glory could only be used to buy the chests that give PvP cosmetic items. It's only the tome of knowledge Merchant NPC that they added recently. When they added that NPC I was already sitting on 300k++ glory because I only play sPvP. I used it mostly to buy the cosmetic items from the NPC which were previously only accessible to higher ranks like Shark and Dragon rank. The remaining bit I spent on tomes which got 2 characters to lvl 80. Kind of a useless investment because I don't play PvE and didn't even take those 80 characters outside Heart of the Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    They always had glory in the game, but glory could only be used to buy the chests that give PvP cosmetic items. It's only the tome of knowledge Merchant NPC that they added recently. When they added that NPC I was already sitting on 300k++ glory because I only play sPvP. I used it mostly to buy the cosmetic items from the NPC which were previously only accessible to higher ranks like Shark and Dragon rank. The remaining bit I spent on tomes which got 2 characters to lvl 80. Kind of a useless investment because I don't play PvE and didn't even take those 80 characters outside Heart of the Mists.
    You must have mis-interpreted my response, i didn't say that they added glory...I said they added features which included the tomes. But yes, i did the same thing you did, when they made glory actually worth something i began to spend my access glory I had saved up.

Also, you can buy these tomes from the glory merchant who is next to the merchant that sells the amulets in the mists (spvp world)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123