Need a new pvp mmorpg with good playerbase

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Default Need a new pvp mmorpg with good playerbase

Hey guys, been a while since i been into the whole mmorpg searching, My last mmorpg was darkfall and ive played almost all the big contenders. Sadly i keep remembering the old days of vanilla wow and everquest not to mention ultima online, Games nowadays are seeming to lack the community and it all like oh gear grind >.< Is there a mmorpg that exists that is skill based and not like what wow has done to pvp, over simplified and making so easy a caveman or 4 year old can do it?

MMORPG played
    WOW, Rift, Tera, darkfall 1.0 and 2, mortal online, Aion, Guild Wars 2. And to many more to count >.<

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

"Is there a mmorpg that exists that is skill based and not like what wow has done to pvp"

No, maybe you should try a text-based game like Achaea or Imperian where you need to memorize like all of your attacks, the sequence to use them in, the 30+ different cures for your opponent's attacks, etc.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

PVP in Dragon Nest is actually quite play skill based. It's only ~20% gear dependent.

I guess Dragonica also requires some skill but you still don't have a chance against super overupgraded gear.

People like it easy so "big community" and "requires skill" are kind of contradictory. =p

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Lol Hey Rya, you ever play on that Ragnorok server you were telling me about on skype? No its just that i get into a game and it seems like any community i get into is crap. i was thinking about starting to play EQ1 for shits and giggles but dunno if there is a substanstial base for a returning player or in the case a newly made toon. I have high hopes for archeage, but until then im like in limbo. So hey if anyone just has a kickass community with a PVP based game lemme know

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

Ragnarok these days have crap community its only a game with people that aim for profit, a zeny trillionaire is their goal.
    also this game is really gear dependant, the games with pvp and dont rely on gear are usually 2d side scrollers if you're okay with that here are some suggestions.

Latale - really cute 2d sidescroller, you level up rather quickly with quests you could duel people anywhere even in fields, dungeons i believe theres some autobalancing to prevent high levels from smashing you automaticly. i beat a lv.82 gunslinger with my lv.40 dagger traveler xD there are many instance dungeons but i play for the pvp mostly http://latale.ogplanet.com/en/main.og

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Soul Saver Online is a less cuter sidescroller that has 1:1 duels, faction wars to take over the castle or a pvp field to fight people non-stop unlike latale it could be a little upgrade reliant but you could choose who you want to fight if their weapon glows really red etc, you shouldn't even start the fight xD http://www.soulsaveronline.com/
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

if you want a roombased pvp game the only one i like is Sdgo, it is a third person shooter game with super deformed gundams, there are alot of melee weapons too and a mobile suit aka robot with only melee weapons available. there are two versions, ogp and cherrycredit, i prefer cherry because i heard rumors of the ogp players moving to cherry due to less players in ogp.. http://sd.cherrycredits.com/#
    YouTube Video

you can find tons of gameplay videos of various mobile suits in youtube.

Digimon Masters - surprisingly low grind rate. the only problem is that you will start potion mashing at higher levels and it is hard to raise your main character's level. atleast the mon's level are easy enough to raise. storage becomes an issue without cash shop though and hatching new digimon is a pain in the ass. your max hp goes down the more time spent outside of town so you will need to return to town like every 30 minutes and afk for 10 minutes to get it restored. it has pvp!
    http://www.aeriagames.com/playnow/dmus

YouTube Video
    Last edited by Ryukiri; 01-31-2014 at 09:41 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

I'm not playing Ragnarok Online currently, no. In fact I don't play MMORPGs at all anymore. Only playing indie games lately. :-)