Ubisoft attempts to sweeten the Elderscrolls pot...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Thumbs down Ubisoft attempts to sweeten the Elderscrolls pot...

From an article on Ten Ton Hammer - http://www.************.com/teso/new...tal-pre-orders

Yesterday Zenimax Online Studios revealed pre-order details and an Imperial Edition for The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO). Since that time digital retailers opened pre-orders for Standard and Imperial Edition digital versions of TESO, but Ubisoft is going that extra mile to try and convince you to purchase through its Uplay service. So if you plan to pre-order digital only, keep on reading for some juicy deals.

If you pre-order the Standard Edition ($59.99) of TESO from Uplay, you’ll not only get the 3-day headstart and pre-order items for the MMORPG, but also a copy of Assassin’s Creed III. Opting for the Imperial Edition ($79.99) will get you 5 days of headstart, an assortment of digital items on top of the pre-order bonuses, and a copy of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.

Green Man Gaming is also sending out 25% off vouchers for TESO to subsribers to its newsletter. If that interests you, you may want to sign up.

TESO is scheduled to launch for PC and Mac on April 4th, 2014.

Honestly, thought it's obviously a ploy on Ubisofts part to try to get more people to use the Uplay system, it doesn't help when it comes to what the pre-order advantages provide. Offering more on top of lore-breaking and unfair advantages given by the ninety dollar edition dose very little to endear either of them to most folks :s

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I don't see how Ubisoft or anyone else besides Zenimax/Bethesda is at fault here.
    Companies sweetening deals to attract people to their platform is not a new thing, it's old as balls.
    What you should be doing is diverting full attention to Zenimax/Bethesda not distract from the actual problem.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

Oh wow they are giving 25% off a game ... Such bad guys!
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 26

I'm not sticking my hand in that pot unless it's morrowind online at this point (with updated graphics of course). I'm sick of third person stuff which is why I'm wondering how mortal online will fit my tastes when it goes live on steam.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

You can play this in first person.
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

I don't think its a right and fair decision to make this game P2P its not showing any respect to the games 100's and 100's of million's it made through Skyrim, its kind of saying yeah we made money thx but now we want to make even more out of you.
    I do not see this as game that will last long in its current state, its too expensive to buy along with added mthly sub. It would of been kinda if it were F2P with a shop. It would of made more sense to of gone the F2P route as it would had made a more compassionate plea or a thank you to the game players! for making them rich through Skyrim in the first place.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Buy to play is what they should have went with IMO. If they went with the B2P option, I would have been pre-ordering but since there going P2P I'm not touching it.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

5 day headstart and a 3 day headstart. good ideas to reduce server load in newbie areas...

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    Buy to play is what they should have went with IMO. If they went with the B2P option, I would have been pre-ordering but since there going P2P I'm not touching it.
    I'm with ya, and they could have added a cash shop even and we'd be totally fine! I have heard rumors that it's going to have a cash-shop as well as an upfront purchase and subscription, but i'm not sure if that's valid or not...

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    I'm with ya, and they could have added a cash shop even and we'd be totally fine! I have heard rumors that it's going to have a cash-shop as well as an upfront purchase and subscription, but i'm not sure if that's valid or not...
    It's true that it will also have a cash shop on top of the box price and subscription fee (And if your on xbox, you can tack a live fee as well.) It's One of the first games to not only double dip, but tripple dip into your pockets.

Honestly I was planning to get the game myself to play with friends till I learned they are already starting down a pay-2-win path by gating content and an entire race before launch. Ah well, $60 to spend on something else, not the end of the world.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast