Ubisoft attempts to sweeten the Elderscrolls pot...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11
    Danteís Inferno Reputation: 41

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackomen View Post
    It's true that it will also have a cash shop on top of the box price and subscription fee (And if your on xbox, you can tack a live fee as well.) It's One of the first games to not only double dip, but tripple dip into your pockets.

    Honestly I was planning to get the game myself to play with friends till I learned they are already starting down a pay-2-win path by gating content and an entire race before launch. Ah well, $60 to spend on something else, not the end of the world.
    ffs! Didn't we see what triple-dipping does with The Secret World?! Even if it's as good a game as that (And it's a good game! ) it'll still end up either going f2p or b2p before March! Also, sixty dollars you say? Ya know, Everquest Next: Landmark just went into Alpha for folks that dropped 60$ on the explorer pack, which you can still buy <,<

  2. #12
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,462
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    hope no one gets duped by Ubisoft.

    big coys like ubisoft are just like the big banks. evil.
    every dollar u put their way means millions more dying, more horrendous global climate change, reduced chances for you to have kids, more money for the superrich -- all these are bad things for you.

    the sooner we crush and destroy ubisoft forever, the better.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  3. #13
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,450
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    hope no one gets duped by Ubisoft.

    big coys like ubisoft are just like the big banks. evil.
    every dollar u put their way means millions more dying, more horrendous global climate change, reduced chances for you to have kids, more money for the superrich -- all these are bad things for you.

    the sooner we crush and destroy ubisoft forever, the better.
    Do you have steam?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  4. #14
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    Xraxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    There isn't going to be a cash shop. There will be purchasable race/faction/name changes, but every p2p over the past decade have had this set up.

    I am going to get it, but not through Uplay. I don't like the AC series so that gives me 0 incentive to download, and create a uplay account.

    I think the game is going to be pretty successful. Enough to warrant a purchase from me.

  5. #15
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    plat0nic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    hope no one gets duped by Ubisoft.

    big coys like ubisoft are just like the big banks. evil.
    every dollar u put their way means millions more dying, more horrendous global climate change, reduced chances for you to have kids, more money for the superrich -- all these are bad things for you.
    the sooner we crush and destroy ubisoft forever, the better.
    Why are ubisoft so bad in particular?

    Currently Playing: Eldevin

  6. #16
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,462
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plat0nic View Post
    Why are ubisoft so bad in particular?

    nah im just hating on big companies, banks and politicians.
    ubisoft is a big company, so to my (short-sighted) view of things, it is bad.
    big companies like big game developers and banks are bad because they clearly misallocate resources.. Gaming companies spend millions of dollars developing games players hate ( they end up being forced to pay) and like big banks, all of them cheat people of their money.

    the bible says bankers are bad. therefore gaming coys are bad!
    all bad things must be destroyed !
    so nothing in particular bad about ubisoft, but it should still be destroyed as a big company.

    overreaction huh?
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  7. #17
    Danteís Inferno Reputation: 41

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    nah im just hating on big companies, banks and politicians.
    ubisoft is a big company, so to my (short-sighted) view of things, it is bad.
    big companies like big game developers and banks are bad because they clearly misallocate resources.. Gaming companies spend millions of dollars developing games players hate ( they end up being forced to pay) and like big banks, all of them cheat people of their money.

    the bible says bankers are bad. therefore gaming coys are bad!
    all bad things must be destroyed !
    so nothing in particular bad about ubisoft, but it should still be destroyed as a big company.

    overreaction huh?
    I can totally support this point of view, for the most part o-o
    We've certainly seen enough indie games explode to help support the theory that smaller game companies allocate resources more effectively e,e

  8. #18
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,131
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    nah im just hating on big companies, banks and politicians.
    ubisoft is a big company, so to my (short-sighted) view of things, it is bad.
    big companies like big game developers and banks are bad because they clearly misallocate resources.. Gaming companies spend millions of dollars developing games players hate ( they end up being forced to pay) and like big banks, all of them cheat people of their money.

    the bible says bankers are bad. therefore gaming coys are bad!
    all bad things must be destroyed !
    so nothing in particular bad about ubisoft, but it should still be destroyed as a big company.

    overreaction huh?
    Actually banks live because of peoples money ... if people kept holding their money under their mattresses like they used to there would be no need for banks so for the most part People themselves are at fault for their wrong living habits and spending money and need for more money which they find getting from bank for certain percentage ... and after that they whine how banks are bad and how they take too much money but Hey if you are stupid enough to buy a 30k car instead of simple few thousand one... for money you took from bank then be smart enough to pay it with all the percentages you took that money ...

    banks are simply using people stupidity in ability to use money but hey ... lets Blame the bank not the people.

    Next game companies yes they are like banks they use people stupidity to pay for something they might or might not like ... This is the same as buying ice cream but instead you buy a game ... then after instead of buying a lot of ice cream for 26 euro or so you buy 2 months of gameplay and so huge companies survive while stupid people still keep on crying for why is the game pay to play well ofc it is because each of you keep on paying for it so the company says ''Why Not? we get our revenue ...''

    And some people choose p2p over f2p any day some people like me ...

    In the end all your statements are neglected by a simple line of words ... which is: People themselves are the most at fault.

    (Now stop Q.Q and choose to play or not to play.)
    Last edited by poeticas; 02-01-2014 at 07:38 PM.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  9. #19
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    plat0nic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    nah im just hating on big companies, banks and politicians.
    ubisoft is a big company, so to my (short-sighted) view of things, it is bad.
    big companies like big game developers and banks are bad because they clearly misallocate resources.. Gaming companies spend millions of dollars developing games players hate ( they end up being forced to pay) and like big banks, all of them cheat people of their money.

    the bible says bankers are bad. therefore gaming coys are bad!
    all bad things must be destroyed !
    so nothing in particular bad about ubisoft, but it should still be destroyed as a big company.

    overreaction huh?
    heh no i fully understand and have the same prejudiced viewpoint i was just wondering if you had some specific information as to why ubisoft is particularly bad

    Currently Playing: Eldevin

  10. #20
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12
    Felore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    At the END of the day, game is pretty bad though.

    You think its SKYRIM but it really is not, I bet you have more fun playing SKYRIM with mods, then this MMO.

    And if your going to pay 15 per month might as well pay for World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, which I think pretty much everyone will play, because its the best expansion blizzard came up with in 10 years.
    Last edited by Felore; 02-01-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
    "NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •