Gunz 2: The Second Duel Open Beta US Release This February

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 66

From what I remember from early videos there is a much improved PVE mode including giants bosses that you have to have to climb and ***** slap.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 13

Anyone know if I can play International from Korea?

Korea has its own servers and I can normally play games using my ID number but Netmarble is one of the only companies that foreign ID numbers don't work with.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 66

Quote Originally Posted by GunZ 2 Facebook
    Releasing GunZ 2 on Feb 17 2014

Hello everyone,

Sorry about keeping you all wait for such a long time. We apologize about the delays and promise that we’ll repay your patience and support with better gameplay experience.

Waiting is over. We have received green light signal from Valve and fixed the release schedule right away.
    GunZ 2 will be released as an Early Access status at 5 PM PST Feb 17 2014.
    All the game features including auto-matching PvP mode, co-op PvE mode, and premium item will be open. However, the game service will be in beta mode meaning service stability is not fully secured. We will maintain the beta tag for several weeks or months depending on the service status.

Again, thank you all for the constant support over the past few months or even for a few years for some of you. We are very excited to finally open the game to all of you. Let me wrap this up by quoting Venister, MAIET CEO’s own words, “I am very excited to introduce the sequel title right when GunZ the Duel is having its 10th anniversary. Though we’re nervous and excited to release and operate online game service on our own for the first time, it meant a great deal to us to prepare game service on Steam, one of world’s biggest game publishing platform.”

Thank you
    GunZ Team
    Release date confirmed.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 219

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Release date confirmed.
    Did you somehow miss this post by Mikedot:

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/threads/...=1#post2990944
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 186

Oh shit, thanks for the heads up Mike! I'll definitely be looking forward to this.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 13

This game, and the first one were such turds. It amazes me people would actually play this more than one single try. Just poorly made on all fronts, an absolute waste of video game space.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 44 (Will be 50 soon) White Mage.

Ever Quest 2: 80 Shadow Knight, 63 Warden, and other lowbie alts.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger and counting...

Diablo 3: 60 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons and counting...

Rift: 50 Cleric

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14 on Lamia. Feel free to join my friends and I, we run instances every day. Send me a PM if you're on our server.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post
    This game, and the first one were such turds. It amazes me people would actually play this more than one single try. Just poorly made on all fronts, an absolute waste of video game space.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but the first game was far from turd.

Everyone was so against how it turned out and there's really only one reason for that, they wanted some FPS third person environment and instead we were given a quick hack n slash third person environment.

Then there's the issue of people having something against the play styles that developed and to be honest there no valid reason to hate it unless you couldn't do k-style. If a player who hated it could do it they most likely couldn't do it better than a person that loved the game.

No one can contend that leading and different levels of playing were true value to that game. It wasn't simple shooting, it was more so that you only deserved to be shot at if a person could aim. Then it was a whole different story when people got close to each other in combat, whoever got caught slippin dies.

Regardless, game was great for WHAT IT WAS. If you expected, Halo, CoD, or some easy piece of shit, then you were gravely mistaken.
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post
    I back this up the game isnt good at all compared to the first one, i honestly felt like they rushed the game to put something out.

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

— Tupac Shakur

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    GunZ(1) sucked hard.
    They let a glitch define the combat. There was no anti hack.
    I also think the game was NEVER updated outside of cash shop cosmetics.

Which is why GunZ(1) was shut down 2 years before it's successor was released.
    I'd say its mainly the hackers that really ended the game. Servers kept crashing and hackers goin nuts, this continued for a long time until it pretty much decided the end of GunZ 1.

Random Chua Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh View Post
    Then there's the issue of people having something against the play styles that developed and to be honest there no valid reason to hate it unless you couldn't do k-style. If a player who hated it could do it they most likely couldn't do it better than a person that loved the game.
    Hate is a bit of a strong word. I don't hate K-style but there's plenty of valid reasons to be against it. Ones that supporters always seem to disregard with an excuse such as "You don't like K-style because you were bad at it.", which couldn't be further from the truth for me and others. I'll list a few.

• There was no natural progression of skill
    • No proper counter play
    • WAY too macro friendly
    • Wasn't very fun to watch for public spectators that don't know how K-style worked

There's a reason that the competitive scene for GunZ 1 never took off, you know. While games like Quake 3 Arena or Street Fighter or Super Smash Bros. Melee or whatever (the ones that K-style supporters keep comparing GunZ 1 to) are still being played today with moderate competitive scenes, because they have gameplay that allows for individuality, as well as a natural progression of skill. GunZ 1 didn't allow for any individuality or natural skill progression, because of how limited players were in high level competition, and decent k-style users would sometimes discourage new players by playing against them.

If you wanted to K-style properly: You HAD to use shotguns. You HAD to use revolvers. You HAD to use katanas (and MAYBE rocket launchers during clan wars.) and that was about it. Trying to use any other weapon type in high level play was pointless D-style doesn't come anywhere close to being an effective play style compared to K-style. And E-style was... just playing the game normally but with some K-style tricks thrown in.

No one can deny that K-style helped to give GunZ 1 some lasting appeal, but it had way too many cons than pros. This is coming from someone that knows how to K-style moderately well.

And it's funny because K-style wasn't even all that deep. People always boast how many amazing techniques are possible in GunZ 1, but all you really needed to know was these three moves: Butterfly. Slashshot. Wall Slash. THAT'S ALL. All the other techs that people came up with were superfluous crap.
    Last edited by Mikedot; 02-13-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Currently playing:
    WildStar (Beta) - Razzi - LV33 Chua Engineer
    Warframe (PC) - Kaiyam - Excalibur User
    GunZ 2: The Second Duel - Kaiyam - Rena User

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast