Gunz 2: The Second Duel Open Beta US Release This February

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 15

hacks got horrible, remember the worst of them called "The Locust Plague"? where hackers could delete your characters? yeah that made me rage quit gunz1. hopefully gunz2 is made so monstrous hacks like that won't be able to exist.

otherwise when gunz first came out and kstyle was not out yet, the game was fun. after ksytle came out i was frustrated with this new development. So i decided to try out kstyle myself it was hard but kinda fun. but when i think about it, I loved gunz even with the glitch that made you submit and learn or die fast deaths.

now that they have tried to make the new game without too much animation canceling it might be fun. but then again i have seen some videos with people already learning animation canceling techniques just by playing the game.

So I don't know how this will turn out, but it will be a ride for sure.

Random Chua Reputation: 47

The animation cancels that people came up with for GunZ 2 are great, and really help to distinguish play styles even further. Main difference between the ones in GunZ 2 and GunZ 1 is that they're nowhere near is game breaking.

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Envirda (Roleplaying) Server

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Mikedot View Post
    The animation cancels that people came up with for GunZ 2 are great, and really help to distinguish play styles even further. Main difference between the ones in GunZ 2 and GunZ 1 is that they're nowhere near is game breaking.
    That was my only real problem with the Gunz styles, for people like me who just wanted some cool matrix shooting and the like. Not knocking on the skill of styling, but it did sadly make shooting/minimal canceling nigh impossible to win with.

So basically, it's just too bad the two couldn't(somehow) exist alongside one-another.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Hate is a bit of a strong word. I don't hate K-style but there's plenty of valid reasons to be against it. Ones that supporters always seem to disregard with an excuse such as "You don't like K-style because you were bad at it.", which couldn't be further from the truth for me and others. I'll list a few.

• There was no natural progression of skill
    • No proper counter play
    • WAY too macro friendly
    • Wasn't very fun to watch for public spectators that don't know how K-style worked

There's a reason that the competitive scene for GunZ 1 never took off, you know. While games like Quake 3 Arena or Street Fighter or Super Smash Bros. Melee or whatever (the ones that K-style supporters keep comparing GunZ 1 to) are still being played today with moderate competitive scenes, because they have gameplay that allows for individuality, as well as a natural progression of skill. GunZ 1 didn't allow for any individuality or natural skill progression, because of how limited players were in high level competition, and decent k-style users would sometimes discourage new players by playing against them.

If you wanted to K-style properly: You HAD to use shotguns. You HAD to use revolvers. You HAD to use katanas (and MAYBE rocket launchers during clan wars.) and that was about it. Trying to use any other weapon type in high level play was pointless D-style doesn't come anywhere close to being an effective play style compared to K-style. And E-style was... just playing the game normally but with some K-style tricks thrown in.

No one can deny that K-style helped to give GunZ 1 some lasting appeal, but it had way too many cons than pros. This is coming from someone that knows how to K-style moderately well.

And it's funny because K-style wasn't even all that deep. People always boast how many amazing techniques are possible in GunZ 1, but all you really needed to know was these three moves: Butterfly. Slashshot. Wall Slash. THAT'S ALL. All the other techs that people came up with were superfluous crap.
    Probably the best post I've read in a long time when it cames to this whole K-Style bullshit. Well said Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Probably the best post I've read in a long time when it cames to this whole K-Style bullshit. Well said Mike.
    Good read indeed, i didn't see it before you quoted. I never got that good at butterflying myself so i never got too good at k-styling.
    Nice to see though a counter argument for k-styling that's calm and to the point without trying to be passive aggressive/shitposting.

Always worried about k-style discussions on here because they tend to just become people flaming each other.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

Hate is a bit of a strong word. I don't hate K-style but there's plenty of valid reasons to be against it. Ones that supporters always seem to disregard with an excuse such as "You don't like K-style because you were bad at it.", which couldn't be further from the truth for me and others. I'll list a few.

• There was no natural progression of skill
    • No proper counter play
    • WAY too macro friendly
    • Wasn't very fun to watch for public spectators that don't know how K-style worked

I must say you have it down perfectly.

The whole counter play issue was thought provoking. I just never really thought it applied to Gunz at the time. Any game with a META has that particular issue.

It is much easier to see the huge problems behind the way the game defined itself. Lack of variety in play style being the big bummer. However, I don't think the developers had much of a choice, it was either k-style or no k-style. There could have been another way but at the very core it was still a game defined by the user behind the screen.

Everything about spectating and a competitive scene, I cannot say much about. I may be a fan of the game but I don't think it would have ever reached a level where people enjoyed spectating or competitive play.

Also, any outside tool is bound to ruin any sort of game. There's not much to do about it except stopping it in the first place. Gunz is surely not the worst example of a game plagued by hacks or 3rd party program abuse.

My opinion is as bias as the person I was quoting though, it came from the perspective of a person who was OK with a lack of variety.
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Hopefully no hackers this time around. Can't stand games with hackers

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    That was my only real problem with the Gunz styles, for people like me who just wanted some cool matrix shooting and the like. Not knocking on the skill of styling, but it did sadly make shooting/minimal canceling nigh impossible to win with.

So basically, it's just too bad the two couldn't(somehow) exist alongside one-another.
    Lol I remember the people who played normally and did well were called ''E-stylers''. The only thing that really annoyed me with Gunz was the horrendous hit detection.
    Last edited by Thetake; 02-14-2014 at 05:54 AM.
    Relax and enjoy life

Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    Lol I remember the people who played normally and did well were called ''E-stylers''. The only thing that really annoyed me with Gunz was the horrendous hit detection.
    Yeah why I said nigh impossible. You could do it but you had to be really good at slash shot and jump canceling walls, and even then you couldn't beat K-stylers more times than they'd beat you.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

I honestly liked Gunz without the whole K-style BS that people were enforcing people to get better at. Let's be real, I hated K-style for the exact reason, and there was no way to get better at the game without learning it. Unfortunately you couldn't even learn it since it was that specific. If there was a way everyone could learn it, I wouldn't have a problem. Unfortunately, Maiet didn't bother telling the general casual community how to utilize it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast