Firefall gets a campaign - Patch 0.8

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

Default Firefall gets a campaign - Patch 0.8

Previously the only thing one could do with Firefall, a first and third person shooter, was to thump for resources and occasionally save outposts. The latest update how ever has added a slew of new content, from crafting changes to a series of missions adding up to the begging of the campaign!

In this patch, we’re introducing a bunch of major new features, and we’ve improved several areas of the game. If you’ve been wanting to dive deeper into Firefall’s story, you’ll want to try out our new Campaign missions. They’re just the first few steps in the epic journey you’ll take as a player in Firefall. We've also added some brand new of our "wandering encounters" in Coral Forest as well as one for Diamondhead.

We've also made some upgrades to combat. The Omnidyne-M Dragonfly has been modified to really solidify the duality of its role as a combat medic. In addition, we’re giving you more ways than ever to customize your Battleframes with the addition of over 70 Perks. Perks are unlockable bonuses that you can use in any combination to fit your play style.

We've also iterated upon several interfaces such as Crafting, the Heads Up Display, the Battleframe Garage progression unlocks, and we've also added a Mission Ledger, which will now be used to track achievements as well as your progress through the Campaign. Jump in-game to experience all of this and more in the latest Firefall update.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/...uary-30th-2014

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Sweet I quit this game precisely because of all the fixed issues they mention in this patch. Shitty crafting system, nothing to do. Plus I'm sure there's more land opening.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

23 million hard at work it seems Now give me my pvp!

Currently Playing: Eldevin

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

hardly anyone queues up for it ... been waiting for almost an hour and no one joined

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

sweet, firefall

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I tried it after release. The first quest glitched and I couldn't figure out how to drop/restart it so I quit.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

firefail strikes again

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 39

I've never played this game before. It's actually quite fun so far. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by little_one View Post
    Rainhart I hope you play when its open beta so I can gank your pokemon naruto anime noob avatar banner having @$$ left and right

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 50

Quote Originally Posted by Raineheart View Post
    I've never played this game before. It's actually quite fun so far. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing.
    Run around exploring.
    Thump for resources.
    Spend hours crafting an awesome gun... that's going to break after a couple of weeks.
    Thump for resources.
    Spend days crafting an item required to fight the game's only boss.
    Look for a group to thump resources with.
    Race.
    Join large group to fight the game's only boss. Everybody is wearing stock gear and sniper rifles.
    Thump for resources.
    Take part in one of the random events and earn a small amount of resources/cash.
    Go thumping after realising the random events are pointless and don't pay well.
    Thump for resources.
    Take part in some good old fashioned PVP... Oh wait.
    Uninstall.