Samsung S Health

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Default Samsung S Health

Got a new phone on the 5th, a Galaxy s4. Made my old s2 look ancient and I thought it was a pretty nice phone.

Anyways, it came pre loaded with Samsung's S Health app, and since my new years resolution was to make some sort of resolution within a week or two after the 1st in order to let all the celebrations etc.. die down, I decided to use the app and log my year with it.

So far I haven't dieted or exercised, just recorded what I have eaten, and it counts my steps per day, and the couple times I have exercised I filled that in as well.
    (well one big change I guess... my 4-8 cups of coffee/tea a day have gone from 8 sugar packets each to a single sweet n low packet)

Started at 245lbs and this morning was just under 230lbs so 15 lost so far just by being aware of what I consume.

I figure that will taper off soon, and then I will start exercising to keep the loss going, and see where I get from there.

My son is 4, so would like to get into good shape within the next couple of years so I can do more stuff with him. (sports, outdoors activities, etc...)

How are you guys doing with your resolutions, and how are you going about them?

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

I didn't make one. Maybe when I'm 23-25 I'll start dealing with resolutions.

Good job on the weight loss. Keep at it and it'll eventually just become habit and you wont even notice that you're doing it anymore.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

My goals are coming along nicely, as I mentioned in the thread I made about goals, my first goal was to get my own place, I did that recently. I'm waiting on my background check and drug test to finish so I can move into a better job, which is my second most goal.

All in all this year is shaping up nicely.

Well they had an update for the app a few weeks ago which lost all my history.
    I stopped using it at least for now, but the discipline seems to have stuck.

221lbs this morning for a total loss of 23lbs since jan.

Played about 2hrs of basketball last night and felt great, was able to run the entire time and was still standing at the end.

Entropia Wiki

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

according to my nurse i am morbidly obese i dont see how but meh? i think last time she weighed me i was 262 i lost weight it seems as if i rember right i was 279 at one time. Let i dont see how since i have not cut back my eating are any thing??

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    according to my nurse i am morbidly obese i don't see how but meh? i think last time she weighed me i was 262 i lost weight it seems as if i rember right i was 279 at one time. Let i don't see how since i have not cut back my eating are any thing??
    I believe that getting healthy goes hand in hand with feeling better, and feeling better about yourself.
    I'm not really one to preach that you should do this or that, but considering that you do have issues with some of those things, perhaps try cutting back on how much you eat and make a conciseness choice to exercise regularly.

At your weight, you should be able to loose weight fairly rapidly for a month or two by limiting yourself to a 2000 calories a day and exercising just a little bit. Try splitting it up into 4-5 small meals instead of 2-3 big ones. If you need a larger meal have it at the beginning of the day and not the end, try not eating for 2hours before you go to bed. You can actually eat quite a bit of food for <2000 calories if you become aware of what has alot and what doesn't.

For an example day, (drink lots of water all day)
    7: 30am 2 slices of bacon + 2 fried eggs - 270 calories
    8: 30am an apple - 75 calories
    10am 5 ritz crackers w/ a slice of cheese - 200 calories
    12noon chicken breast and a baked potato sprinkled with cheese - 510 calories
    3: 00 a candy bar - 220 calories
    6: 00 a can of progresso soup - 140 calories
    10: 00 glass of strawberry milk - 120

Total for the day: 1535
    (as you can see thats still almost 500 calories short of 2000, so you can eat quite a bit if you pay attention and avoid breads and sugars)

Find a program for your computer, or an app for whatever phone you have to record what you eat.
    Religiously write down every little thing from the glass of milk when you wake up, to the snacks, to your main meals.
    Also set a goal for exercise each day (I haven't started with this part yet) Say 15 minutes two times a day for your first month or so. Then figure out what you want to do, rather it is pushups/situps/jumping jacks sort of thing, or a dance game on your console, or an aerobics workout on your tv, etc.... just pick something and do it day in and day out.

Entropia Wiki

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

thanks for the long post. i will copy that when and if i get ready to lose weight

at this time i dont care about my weight. even though im sure it is maybe some of the causes of my bad health?

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    thanks for the long post. i will copy that when and if i get ready to lose weight

at this time i dont care about my weight. even though im sure it is maybe some of the causes of my bad health?
    Perhaps my post was too long :P
    My point is that physical health and mental health go hand in hand. I know you are struggling with the issue of self worth and things like that. I believe that by working to make yourself more physicaly healthy, you will in turn become more healthy mentally as well.

(and spiritually as well, if that is something you seek,
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.)

Entropia Wiki