omg not another new track from me :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Hahaha. I liked the first 50 seconds. And the thread title.
    And I like the thumps at 1:13
    Started getting bored at 13
    You know, what some classical composers do is they'll write umm... They exposition each beat individually, change the timbre and rhythm a bit, and then show-off the next beat. And then at the end of the piece the recap all the beats simultaneously in harmony.

I like how you attempted to add a high-pitched melody in the background. But it sounded squeaky.

4:54 to 5:08 was kinda interesting. And then you fade-out nicely.

Hmm... It's a LOT better than your previous works.

P.S. ROFL at previous three posts.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

You need to decide on an overarching rythm pattern. Do accentuate at regular intervals, not randomly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ586YHaFvk

Count when the drum patterns change, the drops happen, etc. The way it's done in the example is the normal techno or house pattern, which works well for electronic 4/4 dance music. This means a change every 8 bars, for anything that follows the idea of a techno like vibe and flow. Exceptions are very very stand-out and can't happen without very good reason.

Other than that, your first baseline was ok and actually sounded like music and the original drum pattern was decent, all the tries at changing that drums where pretty bad though at times.

Edit:
    If I where you, for practice, I'd stick to building the meat of the song first. That means building each 8-bar segment that loops out, before accentuating the transitions in any way. I have the feeling you went with an idea for 2 bars sometimes, after that trashed it, because it was rubbish, especially with the drums. You can't do that. If it's not good enough to loop it, trash it. If there is nothing to accentuate, you can't force it out of thin air. That's why you should get an idea of the "meat" part first (idea? well I said build the entire track and I mean it), add in fitting accents for the different moods later. You'll need to develop your intuition before you can do a formless approach and that will be easier by using a system based approach.
    Last edited by Ronin; 02-01-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Stay frosty.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

you've got some potential.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 69

Needs more variation. Keep it up.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkald View Post
    dub what is your inspiration for the titles of your tracks
    i guess because my mind wonders so much. And that i live in a dream like state...yea i know its crazy. I guess thats how i come up with the titles
    The south will rise again. God bless the C.S.A. The south is my home. I will die for the south. Please bury me in the great Southern land. And sing Dixie as you lay me to rest so i can here it forever. God bless the south.

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 577
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i guess because my mind wonders so much. And that i live in a dream like state...yea i know its crazy. I guess thats how i come up with the titles
    cool .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12