Everquest Next Landmark Alpha launches tonight! 1/31/2014

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Default Everquest Next Landmark Alpha launches tonight! 1/31/2014

As of tonight (1/31/2014) the much anticipated alpha for Everquest Next: Landmark will be available to everyone who purchased Trailblazer status or Explorer status!

It's here! Sandbox fans have been waiting with bated breath for EverQuest Next Landmark's alpha announcement, and now we finally have it: EQNL will open those alpha doors tonight! Players who purchased the appropriate level of Founder's Pack (Trailblazer or Explorer) will receive a link via email with instructions on downloading and getting into this testing phase, which is touted as less testing and more interacting with the devs to help direct the actual development of the game. Director of Development Dave Georgeson stated:
    Later today, we will begin the Alpha for EverQuest Next Landmark and open up the game to our most committed and passionate players. This is the earliest point in the development process that we've ever let players into a game. We are empowering these players to do much more than test the game for bugs. For the first time, our players can join alongside us as part of the development team. They will have a significant voice in how the final game takes shape."
    Founders should be on the lookout for their golden ticket... er, email... that will enable them to dive into the new sandbox and get building. Those who don't currently own a founder's pack can still purchase one throughout the alpha stage; in fact, SOE's John Smedley promises that the studio "will offer a full refund to anyone not satisfied with the Alpha." And in case you were wondering, yes, this alpha is under strict NDA. While waiting, check out the latest Landmark screens in the gallery below.

[Source: SOE press release]

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01...d-for-tonight/

As well as this, Jhon Smedley has announced that anyone not satisfied with the Alpha has the option of having a full refund, very kind of them. You are also still able to drop the sixty dollars and get in with the Explorers pack, or show some serious patronage and drop the full hundred for the Trailblazer.

Smedley tweet - https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/429325217563820033
    Purchase page - https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

Please remember that the Alpha is under a strict NDA, so keep the info to yo seeeelfs
    Last edited by Dave!Yognaught; 02-01-2014 at 12:09 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Waiting for the actual normal invitations where you dont have to pay to get in the testing phases ...

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Looking forward to it...

Currently Playing: Eldevin

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

smexy... This... Actually I don't know. I kinda die a little inside every time I play an Everquest clone, but maybe this one will be awesome!! EQ2 was a HUGE improvement over EQ1, so EQ Next should be worth buying. What's the payment-model? (Thank you, my Google-hamster.)
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    smexy... This... Actually I don't know. I kinda die a little inside every time I play an Everquest clone, but maybe this one will be awesome!! EQ2 was a HUGE improvement over EQ1, so EQ Next should be worth buying. What's the payment-model? (Thank you, my Google-hamster.)
    Both Everquest Next and Landmark are going meant to be Free to Play on release, but to get into this Alpha and i expect the Alpha for the roleplaying game its self it'll cost you 60$. You can wait for closed beta i suspect and get in for free, though.

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

Hmm, very on the fence about it.

After PS2, once bitten, twice as shy.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 50

Okay so... I bought it just now lol.
    More or less "patiently" waiting for my alpha key or whatever it is that I need to actually download and play the game now.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 13

paying for alpha no thanks...

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 17

Woot can play soon

Edit: Like i said awhile ago on a different thread ill be giving out a couple of my cd-keys i got from trailblazer so ill be holding a contest in the near future
    Last edited by invadertim; 02-01-2014 at 03:20 PM.

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

ó Tupac Shakur

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

there's streams on twitch if anyone is interested~
    doubt they're legal but yeah w/e

there's a wolf in my heart

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast