OK BUNZ! IM FINALLY READY :o

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 842

Default OK BUNZ! IM FINALLY READY :o

I'm FINALLY ready to build my PC lol. My tax refund check is in the mail I said I'd spend a bit of it on a PC...I was hoping I could just build up the one I have, but you suggested against that before.

So, the only reusable things right now I have are the case and a DVD drive I'd like to reuse...is that doable? Will this old case and DVD drive work? Sorry, I dunno much about it. I have a friend who will help me physically put it together, but I'd appreciate you input on what it is I should buy. I really like the case and would like to use that if possible.

I have a monitor, I have a keyboard, I have a mouse, I have a case, I have an optical drive...I have roughly $400 to spend. I'd like to use (mostly) the same site - everything from NewEgg, or Tiger Direct, etc. Don't bother factoring in tax or shipping, I low balled my budget a bit to account for that.

I was just gonna buy a Dell box, but I know I can do much better building my own. I don't mind a small SSD for my OS - I have a laptop drive I'll be grabbing an adapter for eventually, and all of my media and stuff I store on external drives anyway. I can always add a hard drive or ram later, so if you suggest allocating budget into the more permanent parts of the PC that is OK.

OH! And I need a wireless NIC most of all...I can't run an ethernet cable up my stairs.

Thanks bud, take your time. I have 2-3 weeks until the check comes probably. I'm super stoked to get this done!

Natalia-chan! My waifu! Reputation: 550

How does your case look like? There's a certain treshold I uphold for cases which generally is just a bottom mounted PSU and if possible a top exhaust fan. This is pretty much every case from the past 4 years including the cheap ones.

If that's not an issue;

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($139.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Motherboard: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Corsair 4GB (1 x 4G DDR3-1600 Memory ($38.94 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 250 1GB Video Card ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN822N 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
    Total: $393.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-02 13:06 EST-0500)

I'm afraid SSDs with a 400USD budget is a certain no-go.
    All from the same merchant could bump up the prices without shipping though so I didn't account for that. Newegg and Microcenter together goes for a total of 431.94usd while Newegg, Microcenter and TigerDirect go for like 411usd.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 842

Thanks so much bud! I had a friend check out my case, he said it'll be OK :]

I'm super excited for this...now I'm just waiting on my check haha.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 382

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Thanks so much bud! I had a friend check out my case, he said it'll be OK :]

I'm super excited for this...now I'm just waiting on my check haha.
    Direct deposit bro you gotta invest into that. Oh and I recommend going to micro center, we will price match online and locally, including Amazon. Also there are some amd bundles where you get a mobo free.

Also, check Craigslist. I can almost guarantee you'll be able to find a gtx 660 ti, or 580 for less than 150!

So basically..
    FX 6300/GA78Lmt motherboard: 109$
    (Micro center)

EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W: 44.00
    (Newegg)

Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A/RF2 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD):55$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=20-233-457

Here is a great deal on the G.SKILL Value 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600: 33$ (once combo with r9 270)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=20-231-634

GIGABYTE GV-R927OC-2GD Radeon R9 270 :209 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=14-125-491

Probably a few bucks over your budget but it'll run everything you want. If it doesn't work for you just take off the ssd. Honestly with this build you could actually ditch the ssd and get a gtx 760. When it comes to build like these you have to put the most emphasis on the gpu.
    Cause it's easier to buy a 300$ gpu for example then save 80$ down the line and buy a ssd..etc

But I'm guessing since you gotta ps4 you don't really need a gaming pc
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 02-06-2014 at 12:14 AM. Reason: t