I desperately want to spend my $...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

Default I desperately want to spend my $...

I'm trying really hard to spend my $ and enjoy one game out of the many out there. The best part is I'm not really that picky or demanding....There are literally two things I want from one game TWO THINGS!

#1 Competition

#2 Purpose to compete

I just want to play something that feels accomplishing for achiveing out there. I want my time spent to have some meaning...I want my actions to matter to the community. I want to distinquish myself with my role and make myself a name. So, that being said pay to win is out of the water. I feel no pride spending $ to win and I can never know how good I'm when I'm buying my way compared to others. If not buying my way, hacking/exploiting my way.. I've seen many games out there failing with security and how to deal with illegal activities.

So, is there ONE game out there that can meet these (which imo I think are quite honest and realistic) expectations?
    Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

lol, league of legends man

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

mmorpgs really haven't clued in to what people like you want in terms of MMO's. you'd think they could figure it out when LoL is the most played game world-wide that people want a competetive elo based pvp grind, but NOOOOO all they have is WoW Arenas. pretty sad imo

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 5

mmorpg's are a ton of fun for many reasons but in almost all cases they should never be synonymous with the word competitive. Most current games go out of there way to not feel competitive or provide a competitive outlet for an individual the challenges are generaly on a larger scale recruiting / coordinating / executing a plan vs large raid mobs. The sad fact is only pve is truly competitive in modern mmo's.

What you need to do is have an additional game that is competitive. I would say check out hearthstone, its a card game basically a blizz version of magic the gathering. I didnt think I would really like it but its blizzard so I said ah well I will try it and I am quite hooked on it atm its quite fun and impossible to play it anyway but competitively :P You can spend about $100 on card packs and you will have almost everything so you can then viable make any class deck and compete in rated. As well there is arena which is all RNG based none of your own cards so no buy2win decks..

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Give it to me. Problem solved.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Kopogero View Post
    #1 Competition

#2 Purpose to compete
    ♦ Starcraft 2
    ♦ League of Legends
    ♦ Real Life Sports

Generally, exploiters aren't respected in the PvP community. But the more popular the game, if it's a PvP-only game without any PvE, and has an established eSports scene, then there is a lot of meaning to becoming top-ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopogero View Post
    I want to distinquish myself with my role and make myself a name. So, that being said pay to win is out of the water. I feel no pride spending $ to win and I can never know how good I'm when I'm buying my way compared to others. If not buying my way, hacking/exploiting my way.. I've seen many games out there failing with security and how to deal with illegal activities.

So, is there ONE game out there that can meet these (which imo I think are quite honest and realistic) expectations?
    Well... Ultimately, we arbitrarily decide what holds meaning. I recommend finding the clone (of your favorite teenage games) that has the best graphics.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

Get really good at a 2d or 3d fighting game and go to EVO tournaments and stuff, $80000 grand prize for Street Fighter tournaments etc.

Oh, you'll have to beat this guy btw

Currently Playing: Achaea

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 14

try the secret world, old but gold. If you cant decide, just give me a skin on League of Legends.

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

One of the reasons I love Entropia Universe is because of its competitive nature.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

Didn't I mention in my thread about "pay to win"? As far as I know Entropia Universe is all about paying to win...And no I don't need $ badly to play a game for the purpose of earning $....I have other in real life skill that takes care of that.

Proving to bunch of "kids" I'm #1 is also not very beneficial to me. I only get some fame and fanclub. Winning tournaments, being top on ladders and so on...Been there, done it....I know the feeling.

I'm looking to compete within the game so like I mentioned for a further purpose/benefit for my character in that particular game, not for things non-related to the game itself...Everything can be competitive and can be worth to compete for...from crafting to raiding what not...but I just don't see it done properly in the most popular games. Example: There is competition amongst guilds with content progression and amongst players like most consistent/reliable, most knowledgable about their class or content/boss mechanics.

So, in your opinion which MMO's bring best competition for the player in whatever the MMO is about?

That is why I made this thread, hopefully to get some info I might be missing of some recent or older games that might give me a reason to invest my time in them in the long run.
    Last edited by Kopogero; 02-04-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast