Depression

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 585

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    My ADD leaves my open to get depressed over stuff fairly easy. Stupid stuff.
    After the fact I can realize just how stupid it is but during really sucks.
    Identify triggers.
    It's likely that what you experience is a reaction to a number of quite specific stimuli. If you can find them out you can build methods of dealing with them very effectively.

Build a habit of doing things in a way of not exposing yourself to the triggers.
    If this fails, stop the trigger, before doing anything.
    Schedule actual cool down periods when triggered, where you actively cool down and acknowledge that all it takes is time.

Just something to consider. It doesn't have to work for you, but it might as well.
    Last edited by Ronin; 02-04-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Stay frosty.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i stay depressed. Whats odd with it i dont know why i am depressed. Sometimes i have a happy moment. but then back to being depressed.

not sure whats causes me to get depressed
    A chemical imbalance that prevents your brain from producing enough serotonin.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger.

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons.

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS.

ArcheAge: 38 Gypsy. (Currently Playing)

Trove: On and off. 20 all classes.

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post
    A chemical imbalance that prevents your brain from producing enough serotonin.
    i am bipolar with other disorders. but this depression lately has gotten worse. from what i see what you guys have typed. i think the root of it may be because i do the same thing every day. get up piss find something to eat then sit in front of the computer and are watch tv. all day long. plus lately my mind has been racing with so many thoughts. who know mabye i am even becomeing more crazy

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Regular exercise helps fight depression.

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

people can say the stuff that makes you depressed is stupid and you should ignore it... but.. i dont think ignoring it always helps. i think if u can find good very close friends you can trust and who trust you, then you can talk tot them about these things which make you sad. ifthey are good friends, they should be able to share with you what makes them sad too, and hopefully both of you can work together to seek happiness (thats part of what makes a couple).

but.. sometimes u never find that special friend or friends. then.. u have to keep those things close in you and have faith that there are others like you out there who feel exactly the same way, but who still struggle everyday.

actually. ya, im sure quite a few of us here on forums have the same feelings as u (me included). so ur not alone.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    My ADD leaves my open to get depressed over stuff fairly easy.
    What you have is a seratonin and dopamine deficiency in your brain, there's some fantastic research done into the correlation between fluctuating seratonin levels and ADD / depression.

There's natural ways to balance these chemicals in your brain, mostly involving good diet and exercise. I was diagnosed ADHD as a child and went through severe bouts of feeling unmotivated and depressed until a couple years ago when I started eating a lot better and exercising daily.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/serot...#axzz2sPSMIXdx
    http://www.wikihow.com/Boost-Serotonin

Currently Playing: Achaea

Olpah's Object Reputation: 17

Im depressed everyday tbh i have adhd, depression, bipolar, add. Rofl ever sense the end of high school everything's went down hill and today was a horrible, honestly cried for like an hour. So i feel all you guys that have these problems it sucks and people who don't have these problems don't understand what its like to go day by day depressed and miserable. No matter what i feel like shit and it effect me a lot i been doing drugs to take the pain away but all that crap has just been getting me into trouble causing more pain.

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

ó Tupac Shakur

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 107

I used to get depressed a lot when back when I was very obese (sitting at 272lbs and 5'11 height), then I started working out and just doing stuff like hiking in the Olympic national forest near by. I find that at times I can feel depressed still but my quality of life has greatly improved over time and I spend more time not depressed and genuinely being happy (for those who are actually depressed will understand), and not just going through my daily routine with a fake smile on for everyone else.

I'm not saying working out and outdoors activities on the regular will help you with your depression issues but it helped me greatly. You can always try those depression prescriptions but those side effects scare me little to much to wanna try them my self especially now that it is less of a hinderence on my life.

scorpio
    [SIGPIC]

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    Im depressed everyday tbh i have adhd, depression, bipolar, add. Rofl ever sense the end of high school everything's went down hill and today was a horrible, honestly cried for like an hour. So i feel all you guys that have these problems it sucks and people who don't have these problems don't understand what its like to go day by day depressed and miserable. No matter what i feel like shit and it effect me a lot i been doing drugs to take the pain away but all that crap has just been getting me into trouble causing more pain.
    whats odd with me is..my body are something barely can make tears?? i wanna cry so bad but cant get any tears to come out. i try to make due of what i go through. i guess thats one reason i found religion it seems to at least give me something to look forward to. i know i used to have really bad thoughts. but lately i just put those thoughts in a box within my soul and keep them bottled up. most in my family dont understand me. but hell i dont even understand me. i am lost and confused and got to the point where i fantasize about ways to off my self sometimes. but meh just gotta push my self to live. as of now i would never leave my grandmum as i am the only one thats help her. she raised me from birth to now. but when she passes i will probly end my self as i really wont have any one else. i dont have any thing to look forward to. but meh ill leave it for god to choose what gos on with my life. one day ill meet the spirits until then i gotta live even if i dont wanna to

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Depression is depression, we all have our highs and lows. If you're depressed constantly do what Trey said, go move to Minnesota.

No really, go out and do something new, take chances. Have a good time. Live your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast