Gaming Keyboards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 233

I used to have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, and now own a Steelseries Apex. The latter isn't mechanical, and honestly, I prefer it.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 45

http://www.corsair.com/us/k70/

I have this in cherry blue keys. Best keyboard I think I've ever used.

'06
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    ESO
    EVE Online

Find me on twitter! @nikkonasty

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

I have a Black Widow Ultimate.

It's a nice keyboard.

Terrible value for money, and if you're looking for value there are significantly better keyboards out there.

However, if you like the look, and enjoy using it, it's a very nice keyboard.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

It just seems to me that it's different for the sake of it. I want my keyboard to have proper ergonomics. Actually that includes springs. Of course a 20$ keyboard isn't going to deliver that, but a 400$ keyboard built around tech from the 90s isn't either (just looking at those keys makes my fingers hurt, lol).
    Last edited by Ronin; 02-04-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Stay frosty.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    I have a Black Widow Ultimate.

It's a nice keyboard.

Terrible value for money, and if you're looking for value there are significantly better keyboards out there.

However, if you like the look, and enjoy using it, it's a very nice keyboard.
    Well yeah, you're paying a bit extra for the name. Just as you would when buying an Alienware PC or buying a plain white shirt that has someones designer name on the tag. It's no secret that you'll dish out more money for a Razer, just as you would with a Logitech, such as my G15.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382

The corsair raptor k30/series is great and affordable. Back lit and no ghosting as well
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    It just seems to me that it's different for the sake of it. I want my keyboard to have proper ergonomics. Actually that includes springs. Of course a 20$ keyboard isn't going to deliver that, but a 400$ keyboard built around tech from the 90s isn't either (just looking at those keys makes my fingers hurt, lol).
    $400 keyboard? So far, I've posted the most expensive one (for its time) in this thread and it was $150. By the way, you talk about the keys somehow making your fingers hurt, but for most cherry types, a traditional keyboard takes more force to engage. With that out of the way, if you're not running a mechanical keyboard, you're most likely using a key system much like this...

As opposed to...

There are other mechanical cherry types, but these are the most common. It should be clear that the last 4 have a massive advantage over the first.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

got one of these babies ... because when it comes to keyboard and mouse ... logitech is the best for me <3 but for gaming pad i use ... Razer Nostromo perfect for FPS games because of really nice reaction time on jumping and etc ...

Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Well, my keyboard does not require me to press the key through to the bottom to register the key.
    From an engineering standpoint I would be very curious as to what the advantage of using a metal spring over a plastic one is. I am not sarcastic in that. If you really wanted to you could make a plastic keyboard just as noisy as a mechanical on, I bet. It's just there is no reason to.

Stay frosty.

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Well, my keyboard does not require me to press the key through to the bottom to register the key.
    From an engineering standpoint I would be very curious as to what the advantage of using a metal spring over a plastic one is. I am not sarcastic in that. If you really wanted to you could make a plastic keyboard just as noisy as a mechanical on, I bet. It's just there is no reason to.
    Depends on the switches.

Most have two stages. A light tap will trigger it, however, you can bottom it out too. There's basically some buffer zone to it.

I'd really advise you to try one before being so quick to judge. I didn't think there was much different myself.

Then I got one, and well, honestly, I can't see myself buying another rubber dome.

It just feels significantly different, more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    Well yeah, you're paying a bit extra for the name. Just as you would when buying an Alienware PC or buying a plain white shirt that has someones designer name on the tag. It's no secret that you'll dish out more money for a Razer, just as you would with a Logitech, such as my G15.
    Well, yeah. I do like the look of the thing though, I do have to say.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast