Gaming Keyboards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Well, my keyboard does not require me to press the key through to the bottom to register the key.
    From an engineering standpoint I would be very curious as to what the advantage of using a metal spring over a plastic one is. I am not sarcastic in that. If you really wanted to you could make a plastic keyboard just as noisy as a mechanical on, I bet. It's just there is no reason to.
    It has nothing to do with a metal spring compared to a plastic membrane. Or well, it does in the fact that membranes sometimes stick, but that's not the reason why you would switch. With that out of the way, you don't need to fully press in a mechanical for it to register, just as a traditional keyboard tends to send an electrical signal without fully touching the circuit. The main thing is that mechanical keyboards press in a linear fashion. Unlike a traditional keyboard, where the keys go all over the place. Mine currently wobble as if I was playing with a controllers joypad. The best part of mechanical keyboards being the variety of cherry types. The four main being two with feedback and two with a straight push. Some have different resistances to pushing in, some are quieter, while others are easier to double tab, etc etc etc. You won't fully grasp this until you try them out yourself.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Well, I duno. I grew up with mechanical keyboards and a m8 has one that feels pretty close to how those did back in the day. I don't know which switches he has in his (I think it's a DasKeyboard, in that case it must be brown ones), but I think it's brown or black ones.
    The best distance when the key triggers is a thing that really depends on each persons taste individually, I suppose, but I was just not digging it, because it was close to two times as long as it is on my current keyboard.

I am also very partial to Logitech peripherals, their very lowest tiers aren't anything special, but aside from that their devices never let me down.
    Last edited by Ronin; 02-04-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Stay frosty.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Well, I duno. I grew up with mechanical keyboards and a m8 has one that feels pretty close to how those did back in the day. I don't know which switches he has in his, but I think it's brown or black ones.
    The best distance when the key triggers is a thing that really depends on each persons taste individually, I suppose, but I was just not digging it, because it was close to two times as long as it is on my current keyboard.

I am also very partial to Logitech peripherals, their very lowest tiers aren't anything special, but aside from that their devices never let me down.
    Try out reds if you want a fast and easy key press. But yes, it really does depend on taste.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123