Win a Humble Bundle Pack :)

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

Default Win a Humble Bundle Pack :)

Hi everyone, I checked the forum rules and didn't see anything against this, so here goes:

I run a food charity in the Philippines for malnourished children. I did a 12 week program in San Pedro, feeding a total of 60 kids, using nothing but donations from personal friends and supplementing the rest of the expenses with my own personal income. I derived absolutely no income from running the charity, everything went to feeding the kids.

I am beginning a new 12-week program at Bagong Silang Elementary, the first day of feeding will be February 17th. We are doing 3 feedings per week, and the menu is very balanced and nutritious (chicken, fish, vegetables, fruits, rice, etc). To raise awareness for my charity program, I want to run a raffle contest. Any donations to the charity between now and Feb. 15th will enter you in a chance to win the current Humble Bundle pack, which includes 8 Sid Meier games.

I will donate $25 of my own money to Humble Bundle to purchase the pack for the winner, the money will not come from your donations.

To enter the raffle, just head over to the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/malnourishedreliefphilippines and you'll find a Donate button. Any donation of $5 or more will enter you in the raffle, just include "HumbleBundle" in the notes.

I will email the winner their redemption code

Any questions about my charity can be asked here, I promise it's 100% legit and I post lots of photos to the Facebook page throughout the feeding program.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

That's nice but we could just buy the bundle ourselves and select for all of it to go to charity.
    It is going to "Action Against Hunger."
    Action Against Hunger | ACF International is a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger. The organization works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With 30 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster and chronic food insecurity, ACF runs life-saving programs in some 40 countries benefiting seven million people each year.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

Yeah I understand that, but the total cost of the bundle (with all 8 games) is $15, and you're getting a raffle entry for $5. Really, I'm appealing to the grassroots philanthropist enthusiasts.

Nothing against Action Against Hunger but their missions in the Philippines are generally just dropping off supply boxes to disaster-struck areas, which is wonderful, but my feeding program actually focuses on a group of malnourished children until they're restored to a healthy weight. I don't just drop off boxes of rice and bottled water and move on to the next village.
    Last edited by Aktillum; 02-05-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Currently Playing: Achaea