ESO beta Friday Feb 7th

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. #51
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35
    sinfullfears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,552
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    I'm already super bored, though i did go and play Skyrim again after so much time off, which is fun and now i'm re-hooked on it @.@
    that happens to me with fallout new vegas

  2. #52
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    birdman16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    763
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Super boring game, Combat is decent but the whole "going through enemies" ruins it for me.

  3. #53
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birdman16 View Post
    Super boring game, Combat is decent but the whole "going through enemies" ruins it for me.
    Right? I can't count how many bear asses i've been asked to gather at this point =,=

  4. #54
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,601
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    It was a really generic experience with ugly character models. Combat was weird, I understand that they were trying to go for the first person shooter-like experience but it felt really clunky and off-putting.

    Out of the newer MMORPGs I would say FFXIV is still the winner.

  5. #55
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80
    ASNZern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,613
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    So far, anyone like the game enough to buy and sub ?
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---


  6. #56
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    So far, anyone like the game enough to buy and sub ?
    Not even close. If it were free to play though, it'd be the best free game out there :/

  7. #57
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 42
    bullit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Not even close. If it were free to play though, it'd be the best free game out there :/
    That's kind of contradictory. Why wouldn't going down the P2P-path be a viable option for the supposedly best free to play game out there? I didn't understand that in Angry Joe's review either, as he said the exact same thing. Generally, it seems like many of you just quoted him...

    I agree that the game could be better here and there, but I have yet to find the ultimate game. You could always focus on a games issues instead of just accepting it the way it is. That's why most of us here on onrpg are hopping from MMO to MMO, hoping for a miracle.

    ESO has a lot to offer. It's fully voiced, offers great ingame-music, an amazing storyline, some of the best quests I've seen so far (with player-decisions), an interesting class-system, GW2-like PvP-elements and a huuuge open world (with public instances).

    I'm really struggeling with their decision to give away a class that can join any alliance (AND making it collector-edition-pre-orders-only). Creating such a multi-alliance class in a story-dependent game is just wrong and limiting it to certain players brings that to a whole other level. I can see how that's a big turnoff and disappointment for potential players. The prices will go down eventually - they will have to if they care about a moderate playerbase at all. I have yet to see any other game that charges for (1) the game client, (2) monthly play time and (3) additional game-related experiences - looking at you, imperial class. That's just greedy.

    Personally, I support the P2P-model, as it mostly comes hand in hand with a more mature playerbase, a lack of bots and/or hacks and an elimination of the P2W-factor. Fortunately, I'm not struggeling with money and, as some of you might know, I seriously consider/ed buying the game. But seeing, that ESO might go down the P2W-route, additionally to a P2P-system... woah, I'm afraid of what might come next.

    Now I'm really relying on PvP-reviews for my final decission, but even if it turns out to be good, I'll have a very hard time with throwing my money into a hole of greediness. At this point, I'd much rather brace a thriving project like EQN-Landmark and support the incredible transparency that the developers deliver.

  8. #58
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,546
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I preordered the imperial edition anyways. Can't wait till early release.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.


  9. #59
    42 Reputation: 10
    tihi85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Allods
    Posts
    904
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Not even close. If it were free to play though, it'd be the best free game out there :/
    haha not even as a free title @_@



  10. #60
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231
    Candyholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    bel sverige
    Posts
    9,258
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    That's kind of contradictory. Why wouldn't going down the P2P-path be a viable option for the supposedly best free to play game out there? I didn't understand that in Angry Joe's review either, as he said the exact same thing. Generally, it seems like many of you just quoted him...

    I agree that the game could be better here and there, but I have yet to find the ultimate game. You could always focus on a games issues instead of just accepting it the way it is. That's why most of us here on onrpg are hopping from MMO to MMO, hoping for a miracle.

    ESO has a lot to offer. It's fully voiced, offers great ingame-music, an amazing storyline, some of the best quests I've seen so far (with player-decisions), an interesting class-system, GW2-like PvP-elements and a huuuge open world (with public instances).

    I'm really struggeling with their decision to give away a class that can join any alliance (AND making it collector-edition-pre-orders-only). Creating such a multi-alliance class in a story-dependent game is just wrong and limiting it to certain players brings that to a whole other level. I can see how that's a big turnoff and disappointment for potential players. The prices will go down eventually - they will have to if they care about a moderate playerbase at all. I have yet to see any other game that charges for (1) the game client, (2) monthly play time and (3) additional game-related experiences - looking at you, imperial class. That's just greedy.

    Personally, I support the P2P-model, as it mostly comes hand in hand with a more mature playerbase, a lack of bots and/or hacks and an elimination of the P2W-factor. Fortunately, I'm not struggeling with money and, as some of you might know, I seriously consider/ed buying the game. But seeing, that ESO might go down the P2W-route, additionally to a P2P-system... woah, I'm afraid of what might come next.

    Now I'm really relying on PvP-reviews for my final decission, but even if it turns out to be good, I'll have a very hard time with throwing my money into a hole of greediness. At this point, I'd much rather brace a thriving project like EQN-Landmark and support the incredible transparency that the developers deliver.
    best quests? amazing storyline?
    huehue.

    p2p =/= mature playerbase, honestly. look at wow?
    considering how many kids actually like TES, yeah. i doubt it'll be very 'mature'.

    there's a wolf in my heart

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •