Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: ESO beta Friday Feb 7th

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    I'm already super bored, though i did go and play Skyrim again after so much time off, which is fun and now i'm re-hooked on it @.@
    that happens to me with fallout new vegas

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

Super boring game, Combat is decent but the whole "going through enemies" ruins it for me.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by birdman16 View Post
    Super boring game, Combat is decent but the whole "going through enemies" ruins it for me.
    Right? I can't count how many bear asses i've been asked to gather at this point =,=

やめてください! Reputation: 296

It was a really generic experience with ugly character models. Combat was weird, I understand that they were trying to go for the first person shooter-like experience but it felt really clunky and off-putting.

Out of the newer MMORPGs I would say FFXIV is still the winner.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 80

So far, anyone like the game enough to buy and sub ?
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    So far, anyone like the game enough to buy and sub ?
    Not even close. If it were free to play though, it'd be the best free game out there :/

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 60

Not even close. If it were free to play though, it'd be the best free game out there :/
    That's kind of contradictory. Why wouldn't going down the P2P-path be a viable option for the supposedly best free to play game out there? I didn't understand that in Angry Joe's review either, as he said the exact same thing. Generally, it seems like many of you just quoted him...

I agree that the game could be better here and there, but I have yet to find the ultimate game. You could always focus on a games issues instead of just accepting it the way it is. That's why most of us here on onrpg are hopping from MMO to MMO, hoping for a miracle.

ESO has a lot to offer. It's fully voiced, offers great ingame-music, an amazing storyline, some of the best quests I've seen so far (with player-decisions), an interesting class-system, GW2-like PvP-elements and a huuuge open world (with public instances).

I'm really struggeling with their decision to give away a class that can join any alliance (AND making it collector-edition-pre-orders-only). Creating such a multi-alliance class in a story-dependent game is just wrong and limiting it to certain players brings that to a whole other level. I can see how that's a big turnoff and disappointment for potential players. The prices will go down eventually - they will have to if they care about a moderate playerbase at all. I have yet to see any other game that charges for (1) the game client, (2) monthly play time and (3) additional game-related experiences - looking at you, imperial class. That's just greedy.

Personally, I support the P2P-model, as it mostly comes hand in hand with a more mature playerbase, a lack of bots and/or hacks and an elimination of the P2W-factor. Fortunately, I'm not struggeling with money and, as some of you might know, I seriously consider/ed buying the game. But seeing, that ESO might go down the P2W-route, additionally to a P2P-system... woah, I'm afraid of what might come next.

Now I'm really relying on PvP-reviews for my final decission, but even if it turns out to be good, I'll have a very hard time with throwing my money into a hole of greediness. At this point, I'd much rather brace a thriving project like EQN-Landmark and support the incredible transparency that the developers deliver.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 408

I preordered the imperial edition anyways. Can't wait till early release.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10

haha not even as a free title @_@

RIP Xfire

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    That's kind of contradictory. Why wouldn't going down the P2P-path be a viable option for the supposedly best free to play game out there? I didn't understand that in Angry Joe's review either, as he said the exact same thing. Generally, it seems like many of you just quoted him...

I agree that the game could be better here and there, but I have yet to find the ultimate game. You could always focus on a games issues instead of just accepting it the way it is. That's why most of us here on onrpg are hopping from MMO to MMO, hoping for a miracle.

ESO has a lot to offer. It's fully voiced, offers great ingame-music, an amazing storyline, some of the best quests I've seen so far (with player-decisions), an interesting class-system, GW2-like PvP-elements and a huuuge open world (with public instances).

I'm really struggeling with their decision to give away a class that can join any alliance (AND making it collector-edition-pre-orders-only). Creating such a multi-alliance class in a story-dependent game is just wrong and limiting it to certain players brings that to a whole other level. I can see how that's a big turnoff and disappointment for potential players. The prices will go down eventually - they will have to if they care about a moderate playerbase at all. I have yet to see any other game that charges for (1) the game client, (2) monthly play time and (3) additional game-related experiences - looking at you, imperial class. That's just greedy.

Personally, I support the P2P-model, as it mostly comes hand in hand with a more mature playerbase, a lack of bots and/or hacks and an elimination of the P2W-factor. Fortunately, I'm not struggeling with money and, as some of you might know, I seriously consider/ed buying the game. But seeing, that ESO might go down the P2W-route, additionally to a P2P-system... woah, I'm afraid of what might come next.

Now I'm really relying on PvP-reviews for my final decission, but even if it turns out to be good, I'll have a very hard time with throwing my money into a hole of greediness. At this point, I'd much rather brace a thriving project like EQN-Landmark and support the incredible transparency that the developers deliver.
    best quests? amazing storyline?
    huehue.

p2p =/= mature playerbase, honestly. look at wow?
    considering how many kids actually like TES, yeah. i doubt it'll be very 'mature'.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast