ESO beta Friday Feb 7th

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    best quests? amazing storyline?
    huehue.

p2p =/= mature playerbase, honestly. look at wow?
    considering how many kids actually like TES, yeah. i doubt it'll be very 'mature'.
    +1 Im tired of the p2p = mature playerbase argument. That is not true AT ALL, i really didnt find that much of a difference between F2P and P2P communities. Infact i have found even more immature kids on P2P games than F2P. Not to mention gold sellers are on both sides as well. The price they are asking for TESO is way too much at the moment and i totally agree with what angry joe said in his video. I would like it better if it was B2P one time payment and you dont have to spend anything more, or of course f2p since they are already going with the greedy p2p model then f2p would be closer to what they want to achieve. I dont know what P2P games were like in the past but if it was considered mature, thats already over biiig time.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 19

Was horribly disappointed by the beta myself, it feels like a run'o'the'mill mmo with nothing unique. Quests are ordinary and boring, enemies have no collision boxes, combat feels floaty with no real contact. (At least they got that part of a ES game copied right :P ) And the game is still suffering from all-encompassing game killing bugs/issues still with less than 2 months till launch. (CTD's, disconnects, being stuck in the crafting window till you restart the client, being randomly sent into offline gameplay somehow, where you won't know your disconnected till 10m later, then lose that last 10m when you reconnect, and plenty more.)

I can sadly and honestly say, I only found two good things to say about the game, and I looked long and hard for more.

1. The graphics are good for a mmo. Ok, they suck for a modern game, but as far as mmo quality is concerned, they are good. They are comparable to something between morrowind and oblivion, leaning more towards oblivion quality in most places.

2. First person view, now it's done very half-assed in this game just like all other mmos that have it (Except mortal online's fpv) but it does it better than the rest do, sadly it still "YANKS" you out of first person for just about everything other than combat and interacting with doors/containers. So it just feels gimmicky.

And no, I won't be buying this at launch, I'll wait till either the box price is removed, or the game goes F2P. (And only then if it avoids P2W territory, which it's already testing the waters on in my opinion.) The game simply isn't worth the price to me in it's current form. I can play better mmos for less elsewhere.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    best quests? amazing storyline?
    huehue.

p2p =/= mature playerbase, honestly. look at wow?
    considering how many kids actually like TES, yeah. i doubt it'll be very 'mature'.
    Yeah, just putting questionmarks behind my points doesn't help me to understand yours, you know?
    What don't you like about the story and the quests? The story adresses the conflict between the 3 alliances, which seems interesting and exciting to me. The quests give you the option to find new allies/enemies to your liking. I haven't seen that before in an MMO. If you're solely talking about side quests - yes, they can get repetitive. Now name 1 MMO that's different in that aspect. At least they're trying to design them in a creative way. Examples: Solving riddles, action-required-quests like distinguishing fires and using camouflage. We've seen all of that before, but it's still the best MMO-devs came up with for now. Also, there's often more than 1 way to solve even those side-quests in ESO.

As for the P2P-maturity-correlation:
    Yes, there are immature players in every game. And you're right - WoW probably has the highest amount of immature players. It also has the highest amount of female players... and players over 60... and vegan players... and players who own snakes as pets... do you see where I'm going here? WoW has the highest playerbase - so those absolute number will come naturally.
    You can't seriously deny the fact that it's harder for kids to access P2P games than it is for adults.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

I was going to purchase it just to have it but after seeing the pre-order bonuses I refused them my monies. Making a game P2P (plus the actual game) and then also adding in things other players won't get if they don't pre-order is just a deal breaker for me. Like, I can understand some items but an entire race? No thanks.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Banned Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    I was going to purchase it just to have it but after seeing the pre-order bonuses I refused them my monies. Making a game P2P (plus the actual game) and then also adding in things other players won't get if they don't pre-order is just a deal breaker for me. Like, I can understand some items but an entire race? No thanks.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 50

I've played it for a fair amount of hours this weekend and I must say it's not a bad game. I like it actually. I'm just saying because everyone in this thread is bashing it. It's not excelent mega über game we all were expecting but I can see people playing it and have lots of fun.
    *~'` To marry a korean girl you must first beat his father in Starcraft `'~*

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 15

I played for about eight hours this weekend with my fiance. And to be really honest, we're both really confused.

There are certain aspects where the game feels *extremely* polished. Voice acting and whatnot. Graphics are very nicely optimized. But the bugs.... It's sad how many bugs we came across. The kind of bugs that definitely shouldn't still be in the game at this point.

Wish the game were a lot more instance based than it is. It takes the fun out of it, too.

I wish I could say so much more but yay NDA. If you haven't preordered the game yet, don't. Wait until maybe a month after launch and see if they fixed a lot of bugs we had.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I played for a fair few hours and it was pretty decent. I was disappointed with a few of the bugs but the graphics where amazing.
    I'm not sure that I'd be willing to pay the monthly subscription myself including the fact we have to pay upfront for the game initially, I'd much prefer to play a game like TERA which I can play for free.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567