Ruins Of War Update - v2.0

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Default Ruins Of War Update - v2.0

Hey guys, so I'm getting kind-of sick of C9 (Webzen mostly), but as many of you guys know Ruins Of War has been working on a update and I haven't played that server in years, but decided might as well let you all know. The main difference between Return of Warrior and Ruins Of War is ruins actually makes updates to the game. (Charm System, ton of other crap)

Here is the thread for their patch notes.

http://forum.ruinsofwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23121

I'm no way affiliated with them, just trying to spread the word. I also heard the main guy who came up with RYL came up with Continent of the Ninth as well. So I just think the game deserves some attention that's all. This game had SO much potential to become amazing, I just hate how the developers ditched it, or whatever happened. But hopefully ruins can take this game to a new level, it's still amazing and the nostalgic factor is over the top ^_^.

Edit: 10 min left on the dl, getting only 300kbps QQ.

Edit2: Wow their launcher looks amazing, cant wait to get in-game.

(I'm using windows classic theme, sorry for crappy borders/color/etc)
    Last edited by OTN; 02-05-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Banned Reputation: 208

Quote Originally Posted by OTN View Post
    Hey guys, so I'm getting kind-of sick of C9 (Webzen mostly), but as many of you guys know Ruins Of War has been working on a update and I haven't played that server in years, but decided might as well let you all know. The main difference between Return of Warrior and Ruins Of War is ruins actually makes updates to the game. (Charm System, ton of other crap)

Here is the thread for their patch notes.

http://forum.ruinsofwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23121

I'm no way affiliated with them, just trying to spread the word. I also heard the main guy who came up with RYL came up with Continent of the Ninth as well. So I just think the game deserves some attention that's all. This game had SO much potential to become amazing, I just hate how the developers ditched it, or whatever happened. But hopefully ruins can take this game to a new level, it's still amazing and the nostalgic factor is over the top ^_^.

Edit: 10 min left on the dl, getting only 300kbps QQ.

Edit2: Wow their launcher looks amazing, cant wait to get in-game.

(I'm using windows classic theme, sorry for crappy borders/color/etc)

yea this was a great ryl server. been a while since i have checked up on it. glad to see some one from onrpg who has played it

and omg yes! been a long time waiting for the update i might just redownload the game and play again. sadly do not rember my account info though. but i am ozz665 on there forums

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    and omg yes! been a long time waiting for the update i might just redownload the game and play again. sadly do not rember my account info though. but i am ozz665 on there forums
    Good times! If you know who I am in-game your gonna cringe :P

Also, the login screen is hilarious... It doesn't even match the client/patcher theme, and doesn't give the game justice Take a look:

They should definitely use their old login screen. But I think they're ironing out these bugs right now and will get them fixed, so I'm still quite happy so far! I think it's just a matter of time before it's start to look really clean. (Also those 2 fiery flames look like animate gifs from the old Diablo 2's login screen LOL!). (Pulling 800fps though!) Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by OTN View Post
    Good times! If you know who I am in-game your gonna cringe :P

Also, the login screen is hilarious... It doesn't even match the client/patcher theme, and doesn't give the game justice Take a look:

They should definitely use their old login screen. But I think they're ironing out these bugs right now and will get them fixed, so I'm still quite happy so far! I think it's just a matter of time before it's start to look really clean. (Also those 2 fiery flames look like animate gifs from the old Diablo 2's login screen LOL!). (Pulling 800fps though!) Weird.
    i actually dont know who you are in game ^^ you must tell me. aslo hows the population doing? last time i played there was about 200 i think online? it still active??

:edit: 800 fps? hax