Online/Offline Gaming?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Online/Offline Gaming?

Greetings,

I am a gamer and also a PhD student at Nottingham Trent University (UK) that is currently doing some research on Online/Offline Gaming. If you want to voluntarily take part in my survey and help me out understand why we all love gaming so much I will greatly appreciate :-)

Here is the link: http://svy.mk/M9Uk3u
    Please note that this project is personal and has been ethically approved by the university's ethical committee.

For further questions you can contact me here,
    Thanks and have a nice day everyone!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

What's funny is this year I played the least out of the past three years, yet I still play around 12 hours a day.

36. I know my main daily activity (i.e., occupation, education, homemaker, etc.) has not been negatively affected by my gaming.
    Lol? My sole source of income for the past two years has been gaming. Does gaming negatively affect gaming?

Perhaps gaming is escapism. But real life is escapism too.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    I want the unethical version
    pls

Quote Originally Posted by Moanah View Post
    I know that it is far easier (STATISTICALLY SPEAKING) to become a doctor than to earn a living out of gaming. May I ask you how do you do that? you can send me a Private Message
    Sent. It's certainly insufficient to live off, yet considering I only play games it's impressive. Anyone interested can ask for a PM also I'm basically gold-farming and getting paid to raise people's PvP rankings.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 02-07-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

The Undead Reputation: 447

Quote Originally Posted by Moanah View Post
    Please note that this project is personal and has been ethically approved by the university's ethical committee.
    I want the unethical version

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    What's funny is this year I played the least out of the past three years, yet I still play around 12 hours a day.

36. I know my main daily activity (i.e., occupation, education, homemaker, etc.) has not been negatively affected by my gaming.
    Lol? My sole source of income for the past two years has been gaming. Does gaming negatively affect gaming?

Perhaps gaming is escapism. But real life is escapism too.

pls
    Thanks a lot for your feedback! Well I am really gutted about it. I know that it is far easier (STATISTICALLY SPEAKING) to become a doctor than to earn a living out of gaming. May I ask you how do you do that? you can send me a Private Message

Thanks a lot!

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Meh. Gaming is probably my main hobby, but if something else comes up I don't blow it off to keep gaming. I'd much rather go drink with my bros, or shopping with the lady friend, or go hang out on the beach, whatever...I just do it in the down time. While I do think "it would be impossible for me to stop gaming", its not because I'm addicted to gaming, its just because I enjoy it and don't see any viable reason that I shouldn't do it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Meh. Gaming is probably my main hobby, but if something else comes up I don't blow it off to keep gaming. I'd much rather go drink with my bros, or shopping with the lady friend, or go hang out on the beach, whatever...I just do it in the down time. While I do think "it would be impossible for me to stop gaming", its not because I'm addicted to gaming, its just because I enjoy it and don't see any viable reason that I shouldn't do it anymore...
    It is interesting you should say that. Thanks for the reply.

still up for anyone willing to give me a help
    Thanks!

The Undead Reputation: 447

I was going to attempt this survey but it would probably be detrimental to my gaming regime and as a side effect, my current mood.

Maybe if you presented this survey in the form of a Flappy Bird clone I'd be inclined to fulfil your needs.

jk I filled it out, good luck with whatever you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    I was going to attempt this survey but it would probably be detrimental to my gaming regime and as a side effect, my current mood.

Maybe if you presented this survey in the form of a Flappy Bird clone I'd be inclined to fulfil your needs.

jk I filled it out, good luck with whatever you're doing.
    Ok
    Cheers lol

bump please thanks