Do gaming mouses actually help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Default Do gaming mouses actually help?

Or are they a waste of money/gimmick?

I want to get the budgeted logitech g100s mouse.

ANyone have that mouse? What is your opinion on it?

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

You will notice how smooth they glide compared to a basic mouse, I myself have a g700, has 4 side buttons and multi profile support per application, not sure what driver the g100 runs on but it should be able to do the same thing.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

They take longer to break, and are more comfortable to use. I go through about one mouse per year. But as long as it's not wireless, you are fine. One benefit of gaming mouses is that you have more hotkeys available on the mousem which can save you time casting spells. Also, I love the feel of logitech's grip.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

using a g9 ... totally different from a normal mouse ... gaming mouses help quite a lot because most of them got nice configs that you can change according to your gameplay style ... i got g9 for fps gaming because i can switch out my sensitivity on mouse directly and it glides super good ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

If you won't go hardcore into FPS then no, doesn't matter what you buy. Although a mouse with extra buttons can be useful in some games from time to time.

people out here... Reputation: 534

I've noticed a fair difference when using a friend's gaming mouse in my ability to aim. I'm still too cheap to get one, especially because I've been playing Dark Souls which uses my 360 controller.

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

I fell in love with my Razer immediately when I was hardcore into Battlefield. The adjustable DPI button on the side made it that much easier to toggle sensitivity for sniping (medium sensitivity), flying a jet (ultra high sensitivity), and general gameplay.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

In essence, no. Some will argue otherwise. Gaming peripherals are generally targeted to a very small portion of the gaming community. Think about it, my friend blew on a keyboard and mouse what I spent on a graphics card, and I still beat him. I even had a very good gaming mouse and keyboard at the time (Microsoft's sidewinder) I never used the macro settings not once, in fact the only buttons I found worth using was the side buttons on the mouse for back and forward paging, and the volume on the keyboard.

On the other hand it's pure cosmetics.

There is a mouse I saw that reduces your recoil in fps games, but that's just cheating..
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 02-07-2014 at 12:55 AM.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    In essence, no. Some will argue otherwise. Gaming peripherals are generally targeted to a very small portion of the gaming community. Think about it, my friend blew on a keyboard and mouse what I spent on a graphics card, and I still beat him. I even had a very good gaming mouse and keyboard at the time (Microsoft's sidewinder) I never used the macro settings not once, in fact the only buttons I found worth using was the side buttons on the mouse for back and forward paging, and the volume on the keyboard.

On the other hand it's pure cosmetics.

There is a mouse I saw that reduces your recoil in fps games, but that's just cheating..
    They don't necessarily make you better at games, It's mostly how they feel in your hand, how smoothly it glides across a surface.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

I hear they're more durable and has more...uhh...buttons? and extra options...like this gaming mouse my friend has, it has its own sensitivity settings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast