$600 gaming PC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

Considering mainstream consoles are very... low-spec right now, it could last like at least 3 to 4 years right now.

Normally, this rig would last you about 2 to 3 years without too much issues. This is a bit influenced by your ability to handle lower framerates as well.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Considering mainstream consoles are very... low-spec right now, it could last like at least 3 to 4 years right now.

Normally, this rig would last you about 2 to 3 years without too much issues. This is a bit influenced by your ability to handle lower framerates as well.
    Alright well this is my final draft

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($114.48 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4G DDR3-1600 Memory ($27.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $768.37
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-08 23:58 EST-0500)

I am hoping this can last me four years. WHat do you think about the motherboard by the way?

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    Alright well this is my final draft

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($114.48 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Microcenter)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $768.37
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-08 23:58 EST-0500)

I am hoping this can last me four years. WHat do you think about the motherboard by the way?
    Take 50 off the gpu, instead get a R9 270, that leaves you with 40$ cause it's 210. Swap the 6300 with a core
    i5/Z87-G41 bundle from micro center. It'll run you about 34$ extra, you can always just ditch the 212 cooler, and come out just about even. This will keep you future proof, you can just buy a better cooler down the line. Then eventually sell your 270 then switch to a better gpu. This will get you off the ground, because a motherboard is something your stuck with.

Don't screw yourself with amd. I work for micro center myself and we get so many returns/refurbished amd stuff we're told to not even sell them. Plus am3 is a dead socket. That 6300 will bottleneck you in so many ways it's ridiculous. An i3 4340 outperforms it in gaming.
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 02-09-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Take 50 off the gpu, instead get a R9 270, that leaves you with 40$ cause it's 210. Swap the 6300 with a core
    i5/Z87-G41 bundle from micro center. It'll run you about 34$ extra, you can always just ditch the 212 cooler, and come out just about even. This will keep you future proof, you can just buy a better cooler down the line. Then eventually sell your 270 then switch to a better gpu. This will get you off the ground, because a motherboard is something your stuck with.

Don't screw yourself with amd. I work for micro center myself and we get so many returns/refurbished amd stuff we're told to not even sell them. Plus am3 is a dead socket. That 6300 will bottleneck you in so many ways it's ridiculous. An i3 4340 outperforms it in gaming.
    The intel bundle is in store only and according to the website, the nearest microcenter in California is in Orange County.....

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 229

A 660TI will still last you a few years. A 760GTX isn't that much stronger. Also get rid of that win8 software package. There are better ways of getting a OS if you're on a budget... I also have to mention that the Corsair Builder PSU's aren't meant to be strained...

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    A 660TI will still last you a few years. A 760GTX isn't that much stronger. Also get rid of that win8 software package. There are better ways of getting a OS if you're on a budget... I also have to mention that the Corsair Builder PSU's aren't meant to be strained...
    A 500 watt psu running on a single card i5 build isn't remotely strained. You could theoretically run a gtx titan off a 450 watt. Besides corsair offers the best customer service ever.

I mean I'd see if he was building a i7 extreme quad sli with Leds and tons of hdds and dads...etc.

His rig is going to be as mainstream as it gets so there is nothing wrong with the builder's series, he's actually in the targeted audience for that series as well. Not like he needs a Axi 760 -.-.

Price doesn't always equal quality, it might not be a seasonic unit, or comes loaded with Japanese capacitors, but it'll get the job done. Some companies actually make budget items for well, you know, people on a budget.
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 02-09-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    The intel bundle is in store only and according to the website, the nearest microcenter in California is in Orange County.....
    Please note that TreyTrey has suggested Intel I3's (I5 this time) in every thread where a AMD processor has been mentioned. I sense some bias from him. On one hand a 6300 is better than an I3, but on the other an I5 is better than a 6300 for gaming. If you're going to do any other processor oriented activity (streaming, video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) more cores is, in this case, better.

I do agree with him on getting a R9 270 for now and upgrade to a better card (280 or 290 would be my suggestion) later.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 229

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    A 500 watt psu running on a single card i5 build isn't remotely strained. You could theoretically run a gtx titan off a 450 watt. Besides corsair offers the best customer service ever.

I mean I'd see if he was building a i7 extreme quad sli with Leds and tons of hdds and dads...etc.

His rig is going to be as mainstream as it gets so there is nothing wrong with the builder's series, he's actually in the targeted audience for that series as well. Not like he needs a Axi 760 -.-.

Price doesn't always equal quality, it might not be a seasonic unit, or comes loaded with Japanese capacitors, but it'll get the job done. Some companies actually make budget items for well, you know, people on a budget.
    Actually the GS series of the builder type is good to use in a gaming rig, he's using a CX, which doesn't like to be strained.

Actually the GS series of the builder type is good to use in a gaming rig, he's using a CX, which doesn't like to be strained.
    SO I should upgrade to a 600w version of the Corsair CX builder series right?

Would give some more headroom for upgrades in the future?

Which would be better though?

The GS series on Amazon only has three reviews and they are that positive compared to the much more popular Corsair builder series that harbors more positive reviews.

GS: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMLKA84/?tag=pcpapi-20
    Builder: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0092ML0MY/?tag=pcpapi-20
    Last edited by Espada1; 02-09-2014 at 07:48 PM.

What is a good way of getting a OS if I am on a budget?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast