Wildstar Stress test Feb 14

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 38
    djfizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ....um....yes, no wait false
    Posts
    1,656
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Everyone comparing every game to WoW is just making WoW a bigger game.
    Leagues of Legends:The Disciple (US)

    Steam:The Otterpus

  2. #12
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,159
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    WoW kinda set the standard which this evolution of MMOs are compared. It can't be helped.
    If you don't wan't your game to be compared to WoW, do something truely unique.

  3. #13
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88
    KREVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    2,945
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    hearty gave me a key so i am gonna see why this game is so hyped.
    Sinfull, if things don't go well and you don't like it, pass it on to me so I can give it a shot.

  4. #14
    General Manager Reputation: 353
    DizzyPW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,093
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    If you think this weekend is going to give you a good taste of the game, prepare for disappointment. They spend multiple paragraphs in that email explaining how the servers are going to explode due to the sheer volume of invites sent out. And after the test is over, you won't have access any longer.

    If you want a detailed look at the experience though, here's my thoughts:
    http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editor...over-progress/
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

    Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

    Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

    Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

    Support Pancreatic Cancer Research


  5. #15
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88
    KREVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    2,945
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    If you think this weekend is going to give you a good taste of the game, prepare for disappointment. They spend multiple paragraphs in that email explaining how the servers are going to explode due to the sheer volume of invites sent out. And after the test is over, you won't have access any longer.

    If you want a detailed look at the experience though, here's my thoughts:
    http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editor...over-progress/
    Great review!

  6. #16
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    3,692
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    WoW kinda set the standard which this evolution of MMOs are compared. It can't be helped.
    If you don't wan't your game to be compared to WoW, do something truely unique.
    Why not compare WoW to EverQuest (the first one, which came out before WoW) or Ultima or hell, Meridian 59 (The first 3D MMORPG.)

    Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

  7. #17
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48
    whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Why not compare WoW to EverQuest (the first one, which came out before WoW) or Ultima or hell, Meridian 59 (The first 3D MMORPG.)
    Because it's the most popular.
    It's the same reason why people comparing MOBA's use league and not WC3 dota. Not about which came first. WoW was campared to Everquest when it first came out...back in 2004.
    Last edited by whitey; 02-11-2014 at 03:51 PM.

  8. #18
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    3,692
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Because it's the most popular.
    It's the same reason why people comparing MOBA's use league and not WC3 dota. Not about which came first. WoW was campared to Everquest when it first came out...back in 2004.
    Why not compare "MOBAs" to all MOBA types? :P Like TF2? (Literal Meaning.)

    People are too silly nowadays.

    Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

  9. #19
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48
    whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Why not compare "MOBAs" to all MOBA types? :P Like TF2? (Literal Meaning.)

    People are too silly nowadays.
    Its just easier/more lazy. Not silly. Try explain DOTA to a friend who has never played it, then say 'its like league'(using this as a example, don't hate me fanboys) I guarantee they will understand it more. Try it.

  10. #20
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 256
    Candyholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    bel sverige
    Posts
    9,475
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Artstyle, nuff said.
    but wow wasn't made cartoony per se, wildstar was. wow just ended up looking very cartoony because of pastel color preference.

    thank u for those kind words
    Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •