Path of Exile - Mini-expansion next month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default Path of Exile - Mini-expansion next month

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786609

Our first major update to Path of Exile (a mini-expansion with version number 1.1.0) will be released on March 5. This update has a name and theme that will be revealed next week. We've lined up several teasers and updates for you during the month of February and wanted to shed some light on when you can expect various reveals.

As usual, we're working on this content right up until the last minute. We're expecting to tease features over the course of the month (with early screenshots). We will fully announce how the new systems work at the culmination of our press tour in late February, as the details will be locked down by then.

The following dates are in the US timezone.
    Thursday, February 13: The name and theme of the mini-expansion will be announced. A 20 day countdown will start on the website and in the game client.

Thursday, February 20: After some teaser screenshots during the week, we'll post some more information about features of the mini-expansion.

Friday, February 28: After a week of visiting press on the West Coast of America, our full press embargo will be lifted and a brand new gameplay trailer will be posted. Full information about the mini-expansion will be announced.

Wednesday, March 5: Path of Exile 1.1.0 is released and the new four-month leagues start!

I am so pleased with the amount of creativity and effort the team is putting into this update. You're going to love it.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Sounds interesting. I just wish I wasn't so damn lazy about leveling up my flicker duelist.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

I just wish melee characters weren't so gimp after the first difficulty setting.
    ****ing everything gibs you unless you want to just kite with lifesteal spirit throw, which then you may as well not be melee @_@

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

Dual spork witch ftw, kiting is king

Currently Playing: Achaea

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    I just wish melee characters weren't so gimp after the first difficulty setting.
    ****ing everything gibs you unless you want to just kite with lifesteal spirit throw, which then you may as well not be melee @_@
    is this a joke? theres no way this being is serious

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Gibs? You need to build proper defense. If anything above Normal gibs you then you need to rethink your build and focus more on defense.

I didn't really think they will have any more updates. Good on them. I still can't play it long enough because it takes 6-10 hours to get a character going and you really know if your path is shit or OK.

My actual armor is just below my current tier area, being that is can be tough getting the right sockets without spending too many items on it
    As for my passives I had more than enough defense for normal, piety and dominus(he killed me once first form) were fairly simple and the second difficulty only got annoying once I started running into ice foes again. The anti freezing passives dont seem to be aiding me much anymore, which really blows obviously.
    lightning spam rooms can be a doozy too if i don't move right, but those deaths tend to be more my fault than anything.

My actual armor is just below my current tier area, being that is can be tough getting the right sockets without spending too many items on it
    As for my passives I had more than enough defense for normal, piety and dominus(he killed me once first form) were fairly simple and the second difficulty only got annoying once I started running into ice foes again. The anti freezing passives dont seem to be aiding me much anymore, which really blows obviously.
    lightning spam rooms can be a doozy too if i don't move right, but those deaths tend to be more my fault than anything.
    Link me your passive tree and character gears.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Link me your passive tree and character gears.
    hah, just remembered i stopped playing because i got annoyed at accidentally ****ing my armor(main piece) sockets
    http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...7Yad3j5cX1Rg==

Whenever i get back to playing I'm thinking of taking 3 points out of the sword circle(so that I'm only up to the bigger passives) as though their useful passives, they don't bring me closer to nodes.

The four skills next to my gimped armor were all linked together, i don't even remember what I was trying to do before I accidentally ****ed it up lol.
    http://www.pathofexile.com/account/v...ion/characters
    tumorumor is the character in question
    Last edited by Acreon; 02-12-2014 at 09:48 PM.

hah, just remembered i stopped playing because i got annoyed at accidentally ****ing my armor(main piece) sockets
    http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...7Yad3j5cX1Rg==

Whenever i get back to playing I'm thinking of taking 3 points out of the sword circle(so that I'm only up to the bigger passives) as though their useful passives, they don't bring me closer to nodes.

The four skills next to my gimped armor were all linked together, i don't even remember what I was trying to do before I accidentally ****ed it up lol.
    http://www.pathofexile.com/account/v...ion/characters
    tumorumor is the character in question
    Can't view the equipment but no wonder you get gibbed. You have absolutely no nodes in Health, you wasted at least 5 passive points by going the path to "Avoid X" status effect nodes + the one dexterity node right below. I don't know what you are aiming at going down further but there is absolutely nothing of value and anything else, more valuable can be retrieved choosing much better paths.

I personally would respec the 3 more where you chose +6 all elemental resistances, because you really only need to focus on resistances when fighting bosses/rare mobs. Just switch around rings and acquire flasks for each elemental resistance, that way you will never be frozen/seriously affected by other elemental damage.

Which basically gives you back 8 passive points and should be spent more like this
    http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...vOcWwW3Q38xWeg

No living soul should get into Cruel and higher without several nodes into Health. Also focus your body armor at least on resistances/health/armor, nothing else matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast