Buy Battlefield 4 now or save up for Titan Fall?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Default Buy Battlefield 4 now or save up for Titan Fall?

I am a PC gamer btw.

I need a game that will improve my reaction time (Since I play sports casually) and I want to have fun doing it. I am guessing FPS are that type of reaction time training genre.

So which one should I get in your opinion?

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

playing multiplayer starcraft 2 or dota would probably also help with that.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 233

BF4 doesn't rely on reaction time all that much in comparison to other FPS's. If you want an FPS that does, then you'd be better off going for a game like Counter-Strike (Where you also need to aim for the head for any chance of a kill)

Something that some people find helps them is a site called Aim400kg - It's a reflex/accuracy training flash game.

Quote Originally Posted by SourChicken View Post
    BF4 doesn't rely on reaction time all that much in comparison to other FPS's. If you want an FPS that does, then you'd be better off going for a game like Counter-Strike (Where you also need to aim for the head for any chance of a kill)

Something that some people find helps them is a site called Aim400kg - It's a reflex/accuracy training flash game.
    Ah ok thanks for that.

Is the logitech g100s helpful for RTS and FPS games?

Ok Aim400kg loads so slow!!!!
    Last edited by Espada1; 02-12-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by SourChicken View Post
    Man I was seriously going to post the same thing. OP wants more of a twitch-arcade FPS like CS, Urban Terror, Unreal Tournament, or Call of Duty. BF4 is a great game but it's definitely quite tactical and campy.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

Titanfall, in my opinion.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

Reaction time is still important in BF4.
    It just isn't a twitch based game. Meaning the muscle memory(that won't transfer to sports) isn't as important.

In my opinion, BF4's gameplay would be much closer to simulating sports training.

I will also agree with with postrook. RTS and MOBAs are very reliant on not just reaction but proper reaction.

So...
    If you are wanting to improve your mind's speed, play something more strategic.
    If you want to improve muscle memory (that won't transfer) play a twitch based shooter.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 02-12-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Reaction time is still important in BF4.
    It just isn't a twitch based game. Meaning the muscle memory(that won't transfer to sports) isn't as important.

In my opinion, BF4's gameplay would be much closer to simulating sports training.

I will also agree with with postrook. RTS and MOBAs are very reliant on not just reaction but proper reaction.

So...
    If you are wanting to improve your mind's speed, play something more strategic.
    If you want to improve muscle memory (that won't transfer) play a twitch based shooter.

So you recommend BF4 then right?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    So you recommend BF4 then right?
    I wouldn't recommend BF4 because it's nearly unplayable and buggy as hell. Maybe they have fixed it but honestly I haven't heard anything and the last time they rolled out a tiny fix which didn't really address the issues was huge news.
    Also, BF4 is more of vehicular combat.

If you want a twitch shooter go with Counter-Strike or Quake.

P.S Dota 2 is great like everyone else here says. You never know when you will encounter an enemy in fog and the one who reacts faster will control the situation if you have to the means. The downside is that you will probably have 10 bad games and 2-3 good games.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 02-12-2014 at 08:45 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

Just buy battlefield 3 now and buy titan fall later ... battlefield 4 sucks balls big time and i tell you BIG TIME i have been playing battlefield games for quite some time and i would choose call of duty over battlefield 4 really ... because its just unbalanced , buggy as hell and sometimes you do not even understand what happens...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast