Weirdest, most troublesome errors that have happened in your mmorpgs? (Riiiift!!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 8

In early Runes of Magic there was an event where an event robbed a bank. It was supposed to despawn before it died, but there was a rogue ability that made everything crit for 10 seconds(10 min cd). I was able to kill it with that ability and completely bug the event. The banker (that despawned during the event) was gone until they patched the servers a few days later.

At GW2 launch hundreds of players were stuck inside the cities for like an hour.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Probably Ragnarok 2 SEA version when it came out.

The lag, crashes, sudden IP blocks, racism, OBT delay and so on.

It was rather entertaining seeing the rage on facebook lol.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 131

In SDGO since I'm not from Korea the lag can currently cause very literal freezing when I special attack. The special attack goes off, all is fine there but when it's over I'm stuck in place. Sometimes even immortal.
    it can happen to native players too, just nowhere near as often(and it's normally thanks to foreigners like me in the room ='c) so when i see it happen I changes rooms, normally fixes the matter.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Also forgot about the rampant hackers in Mabinogi that would kill all the npcs in towns so you couldn't take any quests or complete any for days on end since Nexon was slow as shit on addressing and reviving the npcs.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Banned for botting on Planet of Dreams because I was listening to music on loop while casting spells and casting in time to the music so it thought I was using a looped botting macro.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

ah just thought of one. last year while on eq 1 all the chat servers went down. was odd since no one could talk in game. are any thing. the game was so quiet. took them a day and a half i think to get them back working.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Oh yeah, forgot about Defiance.

1. Defiance's sun isn't really "defined." It's just a blob that you can only see when it's setting. (You can't see it during the day.)

2. In defiance, sometimes shots that should miss, will hit. Shots that should hit, will miss. (See STAR_'s sniper gameplay of Defiance.)

3. Defiance doesn't have "Classes" but feels like it should have due to how enemies react/etc. (IE: Engineer could have a dispenser/turret, etc.)

4. Enemies don't lose aggro to you unless you cloak. No matter what. Acting like mobs in Minecraft.

5. Enemies / models will start to "Lag" or go "Low-detail" mode closer than the zoom distance of a sniper rifle. Causing for some strange situations. You cannot change this.

6. UK players can't play with USA players. (Regional Culling.)

7. Originally, all of the rocket launchers that would split the rocket and rain down rockets would not level up the rocket launcher skill.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Hellgate: London, sometime just after the Flagship launch. Supposed to spawn one boss. Spawned 100 or so. I died.

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    risk your life 2 had a major mem leak that was never fixed so it would crash a shit time while playing. on my old pc it crashed during a few hours of play at least 5 times. some private servers tried to fix it but it had to do with something in the hardcode of the game i think? if i remeber right
    In the most up to date server, Ruins of War, that leak is almost neutralized. The crash is every seven to nine hours. Still not gone after all these years, but not as big of a nuisance.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Quote Originally Posted by Earthmonger View Post
    Hellgate: London, sometime just after the Flagship launch. Supposed to spawn one boss. Spawned 100 or so. I died.

In the most up to date server, Ruins of War, that leak is almost neutralized. The crash is every seven to nine hours. Still not gone after all these years, but not as big of a nuisance.

yea but that server is based on the row files. i was talking about ryl2 ^^ row and ryl2 is differnt row:return of warrior: is more a updated server..i mean the one from youxiland barely updates. but the ruins of war team is the most updated ryl server.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    yea but that server is based on the row files. i was talking about ryl2 ^^ row and ryl2 is differnt row:return of warrior: is more a updated server..i mean the one from youxiland barely updates. but the ruins of war team is the most updated ryl server.
    You're right of course, I completely went over that detail; Ruins is a hybrid. I would however tell you that no Youxiland server exists, as the company is defunct. Gamasoft holds all rights to the franchise now. Return of Warrior masquerades as an official server. The difference between Return and Ruins is immense, but neither of them is RYL 2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast