Weirdest, most troublesome errors that have happened in your mmorpgs? (Riiiift!!!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Default Weirdest, most troublesome errors that have happened in your mmorpgs? (Riiiift!!!)

Rift is currently having an issue where ALL communication is impossible, as all chat channels are not working and neither is mail.
    I just logged off as I figure that defeats the purpose of a game if you can't communicate. :/
    Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

What are some errors that made it into your games that basically made the game unplayable?
    Errors that affect everyone in the game and made you have to log out and wait for a dev to respond? D:

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

FFXIV launch, oh lord i laughed at how fast the servers crashed, repeatedly.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Once had a game where no matter what I killed, it sent all loot to the very first mob I killed(corpse never despawned) so I had to keep going back to it to collect things.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Quote Originally Posted by ironleg View Post
    Once had a game where no matter what I killed, it sent all loot to the very first mob I killed(corpse never despawned) so I had to keep going back to it to collect things.
    Dear god, that sounds super frustrating!
    How far did you get from that first corpse while you hunted?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

I fell through the world a handful of times in early WoW.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

The world bosses that spawned underground in the first Lime Odyssey Alpha on Aeria Games. They could one-hit any player, from directly below them. (30+k damage.) How do we know it was world bosses? Well, there was a stair that was not clipping properly with players. So when one player fell through the stair and to the bottom of the world... they saw the world bosses. Some of the hitboxes for the Muris Starting Area in the first alpha were non-existant, so you could jump off the floating continent.) Also, in the first alpha, one of the NPC gather cat things wasn't spawned in the right place, so I could never complete a specific quest. (Also an herb gather point was spawned on an unreachable hill near that NPC that wasn't there.) This NPC was fixed in the second alpha of course.

Also, fireworks would crash any clients within the immediate area of the firework. (IE: Render Range, regardless of you looking at it.) GM Clients were also affected. This one was in the second Alpha I believe though.

In White Knight Chronicles before the first major patch and DLC Mission additions... if you entered a person's town along with them (only you two in it.) Then you traded items in a specific way, the item would duplicate. You could do this for any item. This was patched quite quickly.

In White Knight Chronicles II / I, when the guild towns were added, I could not enter guild towns at all, even on the WKC II story path. I also could not enter player towns that were a part of a guild or who completed the entire story. (It would black screen of death, and I'd have to force restart the console.)
    Last edited by coldReactive; 02-13-2014 at 12:05 AM.

The right man, in the wrong place... can make all the difference in the world.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: An Epic Computer

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

risk your life 2 had a major mem leak that was never fixed so it would crash a shit time while playing. on my old pc it crashed during a few hours of play at least 5 times. some private servers tried to fix it but it had to do with something in the hardcode of the game i think? if i remeber right
    You hate me? No worries death to all my enemies forgiveness is over. If you hate me so bad come to my house and we can settle it like men. Am i claiming to be a fighter? Nope but im sick of your shit. You bring your boys ill bring mine i can guarantee some one gonna leave in a body bag. Ill shove this pitch fork up ya ass and have you begging for mercy and none will come. As i roast you over the fire laughing at your burning flesh. Im sick of your shit and your threats lets settle this like men

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Either would be the Corrupted Blood incident that happened on WoW years ago or the many bugs Dynasty Warrior online had with every new update.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Vindictus, lag bugs that made Fiona's shield not work.

Fiona being the character who relies on her shield working to such a degree that unless you are uber pro, you are better off being dead if you can't use it for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    Vindictus, lag bugs that made Fiona's shield not work.

Fiona being the character who relies on her shield working to such a degree that unless you are uber pro, you are better off being dead if you can't use it for whatever reason.
    Same in TERA with both Zerk and Lancer. Can't block? You're either better off running, or dead. (Unless you've got like Visionmaker or higher and whatnot.)

The right man, in the wrong place... can make all the difference in the world.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: An Epic Computer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast