Why do you wach anime?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ride em Yoshi Reputation: 26

Default Why do you wach anime?

So yeah I was wondering why ppl watch anime here are my reasons and I hope you share yours

So I watch anime to get away from the boredom that is everyday repetitive Life and Relax from the stress that is competitive MMO's
    I try to be good,but then I get bored!
    You have been warned.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

I got tired watching cartoons, so i watch anime.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

For anime.

Why do you listen to music? It is pleasurable.

Because God says to watch anime.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

After i got bored of movies that mostly were too plain and generetic i picked up animes.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 82

Quote Originally Posted by flippers View Post
    I got tired watching cartoons, so i watch anime.
    Animes are cartoons.

I watch anime because sometimes they are interesting and entertaining. I can't wait for the new Sailor Moon anime in July!
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Animes are cartoons.

I watch anime because sometimes they are interesting and entertaining. I can't wait for the new Sailor Moon anime in July!
    im talking about kid cartoons lol

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Animes are cartoons.
    well that depends how you look at it. can u call something like black lagoon or eflen lied or another or dance in a vampire bond cartoons?
    I personally hate it being called cartoons because it makes me think what americans(im white and living in the states) call "cartoons" ya not one adult "cartoon" with action in it originally made in America. family guy American dad etc don't count its PURE comedy. so I say this

cartoons are for kids

anime is for everyone

$H|H

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Anime is just cartoon dramas. Just like regular drama from the US,UK, Asia, etc it has it's good and bad ones, but the really good ones are worth watching and the average ones can be entertaining at times. Plus, like video games, you can always find someone who is into them and spark up a convo based on that which is cool. I made two friends at work based on them recognizing music I was listening to from some of the shows (side note: a woman at my job randomly walked up to me and asked me if I had a 3DS not that long ago because we'd been streetpassing each other for days lol. It'd be cool if there were something like that for anime).

Great stories, great music, great memories. That's why I like em.
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

of course anime are cartoons. it's just that people associate the word "cartoon" with "for kids", but nothing in the definition of the word "cartoon" implies that they must be for kids.

it's like how they invented the word "graphic novel", which most comic writers/artists think is a really dumb term, so that adults wouldn't have to feel bad about reading Watchmen or whatever.

and besides, i'm always skeptical when someone tries to tell me how mature and sophisticated anime is and then they say something embarrassing about how they're in love with a character and have a figurine in an upskirt pose or some shit. there is mature anime/cartoons, but they're nowhere near as prevalent as the fandom would try to have you believe.

edit: oh wait, this thread is in the anime section. goddamnit fluffy

anyways, i watch anime for the same reason i play games, read comics, read books, watch films, listen to music. because something in that particular thing looks neat. it's not special, it's just another form of media.
    Last edited by postrook; 02-16-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Ride em Yoshi Reputation: 26

I think Cartoons are aways Anime but Anime is not ways a Cartoon
    This statement takes into consideration the assosiations that ppl have with the words however from pure prespetive of wht the words actually mean they are mearly there to distinguish 2 contrast ways of drawing

Anyways with that nedless explanation and the strange debate on this post don't forget the question of the tread was Why do you Watch it

Also pls someone recommend me an anime
    I try to be good,but then I get bored!
    You have been warned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast