Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Why do you wach anime?

  1. #1
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 26
    Kazerinshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Why do you wach anime?

    So yeah I was wondering why ppl watch anime here are my reasons and I hope you share yours

    So I watch anime to get away from the boredom that is everyday repetitive Life and Relax from the stress that is competitive MMO's
    I try to be good,but then I get bored!
    You have been warned.

  2. #2
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10
    flippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I got tired watching cartoons, so i watch anime.

  3. #3
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,164
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    For anime.

    Why do you listen to music? It is pleasurable.


    Because God says to watch anime.

  4. #4
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    After i got bored of movies that mostly were too plain and generetic i picked up animes.

  5. #5
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flippers View Post
    I got tired watching cartoons, so i watch anime.
    Animes are cartoons.

    I watch anime because sometimes they are interesting and entertaining. I can't wait for the new Sailor Moon anime in July!

  6. #6
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10
    flippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Animes are cartoons.

    I watch anime because sometimes they are interesting and entertaining. I can't wait for the new Sailor Moon anime in July!
    im talking about kid cartoons lol

  7. #7
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Animes are cartoons.
    well that depends how you look at it. can u call something like black lagoon or eflen lied or another or dance in a vampire bond cartoons?
    I personally hate it being called cartoons because it makes me think what americans(im white and living in the states) call "cartoons" ya not one adult "cartoon" with action in it originally made in America. family guy American dad etc don't count its PURE comedy. so I say this

    cartoons are for kids

    anime is for everyone

  8. #8
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Anime is just cartoon dramas. Just like regular drama from the US,UK, Asia, etc it has it's good and bad ones, but the really good ones are worth watching and the average ones can be entertaining at times. Plus, like video games, you can always find someone who is into them and spark up a convo based on that which is cool. I made two friends at work based on them recognizing music I was listening to from some of the shows (side note: a woman at my job randomly walked up to me and asked me if I had a 3DS not that long ago because we'd been streetpassing each other for days lol. It'd be cool if there were something like that for anime).

    Great stories, great music, great memories. That's why I like em.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  9. #9
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    of course anime are cartoons. it's just that people associate the word "cartoon" with "for kids", but nothing in the definition of the word "cartoon" implies that they must be for kids.

    it's like how they invented the word "graphic novel", which most comic writers/artists think is a really dumb term, so that adults wouldn't have to feel bad about reading Watchmen or whatever.

    and besides, i'm always skeptical when someone tries to tell me how mature and sophisticated anime is and then they say something embarrassing about how they're in love with a character and have a figurine in an upskirt pose or some shit. there is mature anime/cartoons, but they're nowhere near as prevalent as the fandom would try to have you believe.

    edit: oh wait, this thread is in the anime section. goddamnit fluffy

    anyways, i watch anime for the same reason i play games, read comics, read books, watch films, listen to music. because something in that particular thing looks neat. it's not special, it's just another form of media.
    Last edited by postrook; 02-16-2014 at 08:53 PM.

  10. #10
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 26
    Kazerinshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I think Cartoons are aways Anime but Anime is not ways a Cartoon
    This statement takes into consideration the assosiations that ppl have with the words however from pure prespetive of wht the words actually mean they are mearly there to distinguish 2 contrast ways of drawing

    Anyways with that nedless explanation and the strange debate on this post don't forget the question of the tread was Why do you Watch it

    Also pls someone recommend me an anime
    I try to be good,but then I get bored!
    You have been warned.

  11. #11
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazerinshin View Post
    Also pls someone recommend me an anime
    What do you want to watch?

    Toss out something you liked and want something similar to or maybe some search criteria.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  12. #12
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 26
    Kazerinshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I want a mecha but one in witch you don't have levers and butons but one in wich you move around

    or a superpower anime (would be nice if it has detailed fighting )

    Romance in witch you don't know who will end up with who right away

    Adventure Anime with story ark (meaning you need to have wached previous episodes to know WTF is going on)

    Finally something with actual Ninjas(Naruto doesn't count: its a great Action,Fighting Shonen anime but regardless of how much the charecters say it THEY are NOT Ninjas)
    I try to be good,but then I get bored!
    You have been warned.

  13. #13
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazerinshin View Post
    I want a mecha but one in witch you don't have levers and butons but one in wich you move around
    So something that's not all about the mecha/sci fi elements, but has them in there? If so, you might like:

    Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
    Toaru Hikuushi e no
    Full Metal Panic!
    Kurogane no Linebarrels
    Mai-HiME
    Gundam 00
    Gundam Unicorn
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Cowboy Bebop
    Asura Cryin'
    Macross Frontier
    Candidate for Goddess/Pilot Candidate



    or a superpower anime (would be nice if it has detailed fighting )
    Towa no Quon
    Kara no Kyoukai
    Samurai Flamenco
    Hunter x Hunter
    Hunter Hunter 2011
    Bounen no Xamdou
    D.Gray-man
    Soul Eater
    Deadman Wonderland
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
    Jyuushin Enbu: Hero Tales
    R.O.D
    Sekirei
    Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra

    Romance in witch you don't know who will end up with who right away
    Shinsekai Yori
    Saikano
    Zetsuen no Tempest (to some degree)

    Adventure Anime with story ark (meaning you need to have wached previous episodes to know WTF is going on)
    Hunter x Hunter
    Hunter x Hunter 2011
    Rekka no Honoo
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    KIBA

    Finally something with actual Ninjas(Naruto doesn't count: its a great Action,Fighting Shonen anime but regardless of how much the charecters say it THEY are NOT Ninjas)
    Rekka no Honoo (debatable based on your criteria with Naruto)
    Juubee Ninpuuchou
    Basilisk
    Nabari no Ou
    Last edited by Kashis; 02-17-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  14. #14
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 26
    Kazerinshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    About the mecha no I mean it can be the main focus of the anime but I want the macha to be controlled by mimicking movements rather then Levers butons etc.

    I have wached almost all of the animes you mentioned but ty for mentioning them I will re-watch a few

    Also do you know where I can find Jyuushin Enbu: Hero Tales its the 1 anime I haven't wathed and its really interesting from the images I saw in google
    I try to be good,but then I get bored!
    You have been warned.

  15. #15
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazerinshin View Post
    About the mecha no I mean it can be the main focus of the anime but I want the macha to be controlled by mimicking movements rather then Levers butons etc.

    I have wached almost all of the animes you mentioned but ty for mentioning them I will re-watch a few

    Also do you know where I can find Jyuushin Enbu: Hero Tales its the 1 anime I haven't wathed and its really interesting from the images I saw in google
    Unfortunately, I can't post links to the sites here. You gotta look em up.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  16. #16
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    there is no reasons i watch Animes for .. even love to watch them for hours

  17. #17
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I watch them because i already watched all the good movies and to kill time and relax. i love to watch some anime after a hard day in school

  18. #18
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Because sometimes, once every million days, I find one that doesn't have characters and a story that make me want to shoot myself.

  19. #19
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    Handsock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Because Guts needs to kill Griffith for what he did to the Band of the Hawks and Caska.

  20. #20
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Pumpkin-Online's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I think animation is beautiful, but cartoon culture in the US emphasizes that cartoons are for tiny babies (which isn't true) It could have a complex story and characters like a real life show. That's at least the reason why started gravitating towards anime at a young age. I still however enjoy cartoons with some intellect behind it like Adventure time, Foster Home, or KND.
    Hey I'm working on a Harvest-Moon/ Animal Crossing inspire MMO
    I hope you'll check it out. http://www.Pumpkin-Online.com

  21. #21
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Anime is the epitome of perfection.

  22. #22
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 16
    Tyrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Anime nowadays is ****ing terrible. High school, moe, ecchi, teenagers and overall uninspired story's is what killed anime. I still watch older shows and keep an eye on upcoming shows, but I really have to be lucky to find a good one among the huge pile of steaming crap that's called anime nowadays. I have more respect for the classic narutards and bleach fans than the current fanbase.

    But yeah, this is actually true for anything, be it music, vidya or other media. Sturgeon's law never ringed so true.

    And why I watch anime? Because there is good stuff like in any medium.
    Last edited by Tyrias; 03-07-2014 at 09:54 PM.

  23. #23
    A Shrubbery Reputation: 43
    moizeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    833
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    1.Art Style
    2. They have a storyline. So is like watching a animated(literally) tv series. Unlike watching Gumball, Adventure Time, and for example Batman:TAS were where they have no difinitive plot.

    But truly they are becoming very generic. Unlike the old animes where they had their own touch.
    Last edited by moizeus; 03-08-2014 at 04:40 AM.

    My Blog: http://thetaintedbasin.blogspot.com/
    WOW > There are currently 9670 users online. 1461 members and 8209 guests

    Most users ever online was 13,440, 08-04-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •