Elder Scrolls Online NDA lifted: Discussion

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I don't understand why everyone is being so harsh on the game here. I personally think it is excellent!

It has one of the best questing systems I've seen in an MMO. Every quest I've done so far actually has a story behind it and a purpose. Even for the simple quests where you have to kill monsters or fetch something, you actually have a reason for doing so and get to see how your actions affect the story. The only other games I've played that come close with quests are SW:TOR and LOTRO (although LOTRO doesn't have much voice acting or anything, they have really good writers). And if you compare the quests/writing to, say, TERA or Rift...it is light years ahead of either of them.You also have some significant moral choices to make in a few of the quest lines, that really adds depth to them.

The ambiance is really great too. The world is crafted very well, and I often find myself just stopping to look at the surroundings. There are many hidden gems, like the bards singing songs in the taverns, that really draw you into the world.

I will admit that the combat seems a bit bland, but I think that it will get better at higher levels when more skills are available and you have a larger mana/stamina pool to use skills with. Part of the reason it is simplistic at low levels is that you only have the mana to cast 1 or 2 skills before you're out.

The PVP is really fun too! I participated in a few of the battles, and they feel extremely realistic...it actually feels like you're storming a castle! I'll admit I wasn't very good and basically got destroyed, but I had a lot of fun doing it lol.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    no it's not the fact that we're poor (trust me most of us here are not) it's that the game doesn't warrant the $15 a month well spent.
    Hmm, but http://darkages.com/ has been $9.95 for years, xD!
    Go ahead..Laugh, but when I..I'll..hmm...
    This guy came to Apex.. and took all our money.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213