Elder Scrolls Online NDA lifted: Discussion

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

I'd rather player DaggerFall again, or watch paint dry. Then to play this.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    I'd rather player DaggerFall again, or watch paint dry. Then to play this.
    Can play arena for free: http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/

As well as DaggerFall: http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior · Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 52

It's a very good MMO - one of the best out there in my opinion.
    Anyway, if you look at it with a "skyrim-mulitplayer-game"-mindset (which most people do), you will be disappointed.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

The game doesn't deserve a monthly fee and will definitely fail quickly, like SWTOR did. A big expensive flop. It's only a matter of time before a thread pops up guessing when it'll go F2P.
    Waiting for:

GTA 5 PC (Pre-Ordered)
    Everquest Next
    [/b]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    It's a very good MMO - one of the best out there in my opinion.
    Anyway, if you look at it with a "skyrim-mulitplayer-game"-mindset (which most people do), you will be disappointed.
    because its so different from every other mmo? wht
    its not even polished well

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I thought it was pretty good, but from what I played ranged chars have a huge advantage. I made a ranger / rogue type would shoot arrows then assassinate when in range. Straight melee was tough if enemies were a couple levels above you. Leveling was very slow which I dont mind. My biggest problem was some of the quests. If you go into an area and other people are on the same quest ahead of you, the whole area is cleaned out, boss is dead, chests are looted, etc etc. You complete the quest w/o doing a thing. Another thing is most chests/ crates / barrels I cam across had been looted already. I dont know what the respawn time is, but it didnt seem fast enough. The crafting system was kinda weird. I could not find any items to research in order to craft anything. In order to make a bow for example you needed several components. One of them was type (which seemed to be another word for race). In order to craft a bow you have to "research" one to learn the type. I did not find any armor or weapons that I could actually research so I was not able to craft a single thing. You can also learn magical properties from items like in skyrim. All in all if the game was $30-40 I would get it, but at $60 I am really on the fence.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Right back at you. Do a little research, even tho Zenimax is under Bethesda, none of the Elder Scrolls developers are working on ESO.

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

Yeah, that's not very good.

Tries too hard to be Skyrim and not hard enough to be fun.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Character models were pretty dreadful, couldn't make a character that I actually liked it, they were all ugly as heck. To some that might not be important but to me it is.
    Combat felt really clunky and unrewarding, they have some issues with hitboxes. At least for me the Beta was really buggy and unpolished, which I'm certain will change at release, but for now it left a bad impression on me.

Anyway, if I wanted to get back into a P2P game I would still choose FFXIV over this.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

Stealth was pretty cool. I was actually impressed at the faithful implementation.
    Also, the Posterior slider is very innovative and should be an industry standard. None of that thigh size or waist width nonsense. Just flat out let me give my character a fat ass without any of the fluff.

I didn't find it to be a some kind of crime against humanity like everyone else did. It was exactly what I expected: A watered-down, mediocre version of skyrim with some MMO mechanics stuffed up its rear end. The combat was clunky, floaty (holy christ does it need some collision detection), and lacking in feedback. But so was skyrim's so it's not too severe a downgrade.

Not my cup of tea in any way or form. But I found it more enjoyable than ARR, Aura Kingdom, Wildstar, and other recent junk. At least from an initial impressions perspective.
    Last edited by neomazoku; 02-16-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast