Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online NDA lifted: Discussion

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Romgor View Post
    I was playing last Beta and really enjoyed the mature puzzles throughout. You can tell from that alone that it will filter out a lot of the younger crowd.
    It very likely won't.

Why?

Because anyone can use the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

Such a mediocre game.
    I give it 3 months before it's free 2 play.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 14

I got to level 14 in the last beta. To me it seems the game has nothing new to offer it's a standard kill: x talk to: x gather: x.. game, the pvp reminds me a lot of that in guild wars 2 but a lot better.

The problem for me was the races passive bonuses which in turn made the factions somewhat unbalanced since certain classes will be favored in certain factions. In my faction most of the players where running: nightblade, siphoning with a bow, me included. You thought that you would have found a unique combination with weapon and skill but no..

The biggest issue for me though was the combat it didn't feel responsive at all and very slow and sluggish. Shooting an arrow felt like flinging a sloppy noodle at someone, the melee combat was even worse it never felt like you actually hit anyone you're just flopping your weapon in the air in close proximity to an enemy
    I guess it's just not my cup of tea

With the game being B2P then P2P it makes me wonder if they already plan on making the game F2P/freemium in the future and that a cash shop is already in the works and that they plan on trying ride that P2P going F2P wave many other games has like: DnD, DCUO, Aion...
    maybe they assume this will give more revenue then simply launching the game as F2P/freemium from start....Maybe this will be the new standard.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 5

I think most of you guys are super jaded and just like hating things. Is it the greatist game of all time? No its not but its pretty damn good. If you dont think its worth 60 bones for a month of play your kiding yourself. Just like every good single player game your going to get a 60-100 hours of fun out of the game regardless its gonna be worth that initial price. Will I continue to pay and play for the next 6 months well thats up to the game to hold my interest after the free month that comes with purchase but honestly even if you only play it for a month its worth the 60 bucks.

I played in the beta got level 12 and did some alliance pvp it was a ton of fun and I am really looking forward to playing in release.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by the420kid View Post
    I think most of you guys are super jaded and just like hating things. Is it the greatist game of all time? No its not but its pretty damn good. If you dont think its worth 60 bones for a month of play your kiding yourself. Just like every good single player game your going to get a 60-100 hours of fun out of the game regardless its gonna be worth that initial price. Will I continue to pay and play for the next 6 months well thats up to the game to hold my interest after the free month that comes with purchase but honestly even if you only play it for a month its worth the 60 bucks.

I played in the beta got level 12 and did some alliance pvp it was a ton of fun and I am really looking forward to playing in release.
    i think the reason people ask a lot from an mmo is that it's usually a big time investment. in a single player game you complete it and move on, with an mmo your looking for something that you can potentially spend a lot of time in. an mmo is meant to be played over a long period of time which is great... as long as it's a good game. people are getting tired of spending time and money on an mmo just to find out it wasn't that good after all and it raises the bar on what people expect from a game.
    and i think it's obvious to be critical when you are about to spend a lot of time and money on a character which you actually don't own at all...

when it comes to ESO for me it does not offer much i haven't already seen in other games over the past 10 years. Does that make it a bad game? absolutely not. and money has never really been a factor, if you would find that the game is good and can offer a new fresh experience ofc it's worth the money. but for me from what i've seen so far it doesn't do that

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

I'm sorry but what? How is this worth anything if you have other MMOs that give you the exact same for free? It isn't anything like the singleplayer games and is not even remotely as fun to adventure in. TESO just feels like the standard generic mmo that we've been seeing all over the web for the past 10 years now. In my view, it's not worth a single euro.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52

Its even worse then FF14. And this is coming from the most hardcore mmo players out there, everywhere on the internet. Who actually do have a sense of what gameplay, graphics and mechanics mean. Instead of some rambling casual noobs. Who enjoy it, which is perfectly fine. But are totally not objective of what a good mmo is. And probably think its great for the lame story alone.

Its just another fast put together cash grab, which will not hold in in the future. Anything thats new will attract flyes however. And the name "Elder Scrolls" will do that alone. You can see the standards are going down with almost every new mmo release. And the trend is early access packages, to start rolling in the cash ASAP. Without actually putting in alot of effort into the game. And just roll with the punches to create actually content way way later. I got to lv20 and the game is trash and feels like some random Alpha mmo I played in 2002.

EDIT: As an alternative, go play Neverwinter on Steam. Its 10 times better and free.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 02-19-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 13

I second this.

There's such a thing as being rational and realistic about a game's chances but most of you are downright unfairy condemning it from the first 5 minutes of gameplay.

This game isn't half as bad as people are making it out to be. In fact it does have the deepest crafting of any current AAA MMO out there for one.

It's as if everyone just WANTS it to fail because they're bitter.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

The game subscription is far too expensive, especially that you have to buy the game in the first place.
    I certainly won't be paying £8 per month subscription fee as in my opinion it's just not worth it, perhaps at £4-5 sure and I think many more people would agree and if they lowered their price they'd probably make much more money than they would with a higher price and a much more popular game.

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 60

Wow... now that's interesting.
    It seems like Angry Joe has changed his opinion about the game and is very hyped about the PvP.

There are tons of positive PvP-reviews out there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    Lol you are a shining example so I had to point you out. As you can see, the people throwing all the hate towards it expected Skyrim online. It was NEVER EVER FROEVER NEVER announced as such, and why you expected it to be so is beyond me. And btw, it runs like a dream now. I played last beta and it hardly taxed my laptop at all and was VERY smooth performance. Graphics are just fine also. Sorry the water doesn't splash out of your screen to hit your face.

The people complaining appear to only have tried this game because it was Elder scrolls and have not really played an mmo before. If they have played an mmo they would realize making Skyrim online just isn't feasible, thus they wouldn't be dissapointed. It is foolish to even expect that.

But unfortunately these people are going to ruin the game by scaring everyone away from it . I can't wait for the next beta though!
    People are disappointed that they put out another cookie cutter MMO. They never said it was going to be Skyrim online? I can't say whether that's true or not, but I will ask, did they ever specifically say it WAS NOT going to be basically "Skyrim Online"? If so, it's pretty fair for people to expect "Skyrim Online", which would be the same as saying THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE (because all TES games had the same model), because it's the ****ing title of the game.

People aren't complaining because they've never played an MMO before. They're complaining because they've played many MMO's before, and this is just a carbon copy of one/all of those.

I hope this game tanks
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM, Level 50 SCH, Level 50 SMN.
    Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger.
    Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons.
    Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS.
    ArcheAge: 50 Gypsy.
    Trove: On and off. 20 Candy Barb. 20 Neon Ninja. Have all classes.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

Lol wtf... How selfish and asshatty of you. You hope it tanks!? You do know people out there enjoy and can't wait to play right? If this tanks there will NOT be another elder scrolls mmo for a very very very long time if ever. Screw you, if you don't like it don't play it, don't hope it gets taken away from those that do. Just because a game is "bad" your mindset should NEVER be that it fails and is shut down because YOU are not paying it for, or spending time in it so what say do you actually deserve? There are people who enjoy it so let them!

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    Lol wtf... How selfish and asshatty of you. You hope it tanks!? You do know people out there enjoy and can't wait to play right? If this tanks there will NOT be another elder scrolls mmo for a very very very long time if ever. Screw you, if you don't like it don't play it, don't hope it gets taken away from those that do. Just because a game is "bad" your mindset should NEVER be that it fails and is shut down because YOU are not paying it for, or spending time in it so what say do you actually deserve? There are people who enjoy it so let them!
    it's not that we hope it's going to tank, it's that we /know/ it will.

42 Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    Pretty much .-.

I was once like you, Bawnawgwa, then i took a horrible MMO which was over-hyped and didn't reflect its IP nearly as well as it should have to the knee @.@;

I just don't understand how some of you recommend paying for FF:ARR (other thread), while ESO beats it on so many levels.
    ESO is a good MMO (just like FF:ARR) - nothing ground breaking but very, very solid to say the least.

No, I specifically said "I hope it tanks". He was responding to me.

@ The guy who was complaining I said I hope it tanks, I'll elaborate: I hope it tanks so that Bethesda learns from it, and produces a game worth playing. I've watched the videos, and read a lot of articles. It looks and sounds like an absolute piece of shit.

And you say I should care about what other people want? Can you tell me why exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    I just don't understand how some of you recommend paying for FF:ARR (other thread), while ESO beats it on so many levels.
    ESO is a good MMO (just like FF:ARR) - nothing ground breaking but very, very solid to say the least.
    Because you look at their SINGLE PLAYER games and see how much potential the company has when it comes to making ground breaking games. Then you play/watch videos of the turd of an MMO they released and it pisses you off.

And I wouldn't say it's better than FF at all.
    Last edited by Adam Dawn; 02-20-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM, Level 50 SCH, Level 50 SMN.
    Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger.
    Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons.
    Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS.
    ArcheAge: 50 Gypsy.
    Trove: On and off. 20 Candy Barb. 20 Neon Ninja. Have all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post
    No, I specifically said "I hope it tanks". He was responding to me.

@ The guy who was complaining I said I hope it tanks, I'll elaborate: I hope it tanks so that Bethesda learns from it, and produces a game worth playing. I've watched the videos, and read a lot of articles. It looks and sounds like an absolute piece of shit.

And you say I should care about what other people want? Can you tell me why exactly?

Because you look at their SINGLE PLAYER games and see how much potential the company has when it comes to making ground breaking games. Then you play/watch videos of the turd of an MMO they released and it pisses you off.

zenimax created the game, not bethesda though.
    if bethesda created it, you wouldn't even be able to play it because of all the bugs.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 242

zenimax created the game, not bethesda though.
    if bethesda created it, you wouldn't even be able to play it because of all the bugs.
    ZeniMax Media owns Bethesda Game Studios, along side id and a few others....

I've actually been on a tour of both ZeniMax's HQ & Bethesda's HQ. (Not that weird as I live in Maryland & Rockville is just a bus ride away.) They were both public tours hosted as a event or something, but still an awesome experience.

# ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    ZeniMax Media owns Bethesda Game Studios, along side id and a few others....

I've actually been on a tour of both ZeniMax's HQ & Bethesda's HQ. (Not that weird as I live in Maryland & Rockville is just a bus ride away.) They were both public tours hosted as a event or something, but still an awesome experience.
    zenimax online created eso, bethesda created the single-player games.

Super Moderator Reputation: 208

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post

So we're judging MMOs based off of single player games now?

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    So we're judging MMOs based off of single player games now?
    lbr, their single player games aren't even that good (lolvanillaskyrim)outside of morrowind.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94

No love for Daggerfall?
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    No love for Daggerfall?
    No love. I tried playing Daggerfall last weekend because it's free for download on their website.. and it was sooooooooooooooooooo boring,
    Fallout 2 was much more fun!
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Daggerfall wasn't that bad I thought.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Soo.. it looks like the devs really listened to the players and made some major adjustments to the game.
    They've adressed points, that many of you guys criticized as well - so, I thought it might be interesting for some of you.

Many players complained about the lack of freedom they've experienced in the early levels:
    More freedom:
    • After the 5 minute-tutorial you'll now find yourself in one of the major cities instead of an alliance-specific-tutorial-area.
    • Those islands still exist and, if you want to, you can still go back there to help those in need and collect all the skillpoints and whatnot. But now, there's also the option of exploring right away.

The melee-combat was criticized a lot - it felt like simply swinging a stick through the air:
    More impactful combat:
    • collision detection (PvE only)
    • camera shaking with (heavy-) attacks
    • different animations when getting hit

Other things:
    • There's much more stuff to pick up in the environment.
    • The difficulty of "Dark Anchors" (Rifts) was increased to really make it a multiplayer experience, while easier equivalents for solo-experiences were added.

Last edited by bullit; 02-25-2014 at 11:31 AM.