Elder Scrolls Online NDA lifted: Discussion

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Jeeze! I certainly hope people do not "complete" the game in a month... Otherwise they should probably rethink their life decisions. I played in beta and at low lvl it was possibly the slowest leveling experience I have had in an mmo (which is good, provided they have a fun story to play through, which I am assuming yes...). But yeah, no way can you be any sorts of healthy and finish the game in a month...

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Past experience told me many ppl will quit after the 1st month. Some will simply get bored. Some will after completing dungeons/raids/etc. And such.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Don't understand how people can compare this to SWTOR the gameplay is way more enjoyable in comparison....

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 15

Now this is only speculation (videos and such) as I haven't played it but it seems if you go into it with the mindset of "Skyrim MMO" you will be disappointed as that isn't what it is. The PvP looks amazingly fun and the PvE looks alright; I'd say if it went just to a 60$ buy with no sub fee it would easily be worth it... That extra 15 a month is going to put a lot of people off.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

I heard it was awful.

How are you going to have an Elder Scrolls game, and not be able to attack literally every single thing you see? That was always half the appeal of TES along with it being open world. Now it's just typical MMO bullshit. I'll stick to Rift and not pay 60 dollars for a shittier version of Skyrim with a monthly fee.

Game will be f2p within a few years anyway, like most MMOs. Soon MMOs wont have fees at all... what a glorious future.

I forgot if I posted something like this already, so if I did, oh well.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger.

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons.

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS.

ArcheAge: 38 Gypsy. (Currently Playing)

Trove: On and off. 20 all classes.

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post
    I heard it was awful.

How are you going to have an Elder Scrolls game, and not be able to attack literally every single thing you see? That was always half the appeal of TES along with it being open world. Now it's just typical MMO bullshit. I'll stick to Rift and not pay 60 dollars for a shittier version of Skyrim with a monthly fee.

Game will be f2p within a few years anyway, like most MMOs. Soon MMOs wont have fees at all... what a glorious future.

I forgot if I posted something like this already, so if I did, oh well.
    I was pretty disappointed when I couldn't pickpocket other players as a thief.

I believe some MMO's should have a P2P model but TESO is not one of them.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

The game is pretty damn bad.

-It's lacking visually; not only are the graphics inferior to Skyrim, but the game runs worse as well
    -They try to mix free-form character progression from Skyrim with a class system, which ends up making the leveling system feel extremely restricting (which is a huge negative, since one of the highlights of TES is non-restrictive character growth)
    -All of the classes feel really samey and boring, because their powers are all magical in nature (so despite having different effects, they feel the same to use)
    -A lot of the stuff that made ES fun (i.e. sandboxy stuff) is nowhere to be found in ESO, which sucks a lot of fun out of it

The only positive thing I have to say about the game is that the quests are quite good; most quests usually end up developing their own mini-storyline, similar to the other ES games, which is nice.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    I was pretty disappointed when I couldn't pickpocket other players as a thief.

I believe some MMO's should have a P2P model but TESO is not one of them.
    That's because the open world isn't PVP.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    The game is pretty damn bad.

-It's lacking visually; not only are the graphics inferior to Skyrim, but the game runs worse as well
    -They try to mix free-form character progression from Skyrim with a class system, which ends up making the leveling system feel extremely restricting (which is a huge negative, since one of the highlights of TES is non-restrictive character growth)
    -All of the classes feel really samey and boring, because their powers are all magical in nature (so despite having different effects, they feel the same to use)
    -A lot of the stuff that made ES fun (i.e. sandboxy stuff) is nowhere to be found in ESO, which sucks a lot of fun out of it

The only positive thing I have to say about the game is that the quests are quite good; most quests usually end up developing their own mini-storyline, similar to the other ES games, which is nice.
    Lol you are a shining example so I had to point you out. As you can see, the people throwing all the hate towards it expected Skyrim online. It was NEVER EVER FROEVER NEVER announced as such, and why you expected it to be so is beyond me. And btw, it runs like a dream now. I played last beta and it hardly taxed my laptop at all and was VERY smooth performance. Graphics are just fine also. Sorry the water doesn't splash out of your screen to hit your face.

The people complaining appear to only have tried this game because it was Elder scrolls and have not really played an mmo before. If they have played an mmo they would realize making Skyrim online just isn't feasible, thus they wouldn't be dissapointed. It is foolish to even expect that.

But unfortunately these people are going to ruin the game by scaring everyone away from it . I can't wait for the next beta though!

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

I'm sorry if I expected the quality of an Elder Scrolls game to match their previous successes. Just because it's not advertised to be as good as Skyrim doesn't mean I shouldn't expect a game of similar quality from the same series.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast