Bought a new phone, feel kinda sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Default Bought a new phone, feel kinda sick.

So I got my tax return, and I punched my old phone to death last week. It works fine, more or less, but the screen had a tiny chip and just got worse and worse. I had enough last week after cutting my finger and gave it a solid punch, shattering what was left of the screen. Aside from some other trivial things, the phone was always solid. I always settle when I'm buying things, and I always go the cheaper route to end up being disappointed in what I end up with...pretty much every time.

This time I said **** it, and spent almost $300 on a new phone. I've never had a "good" phone...I've always had cheap copy-cat phones that fail to do what the competition does. I just bought the Galaxy S3, because a few of my friends have it and it seems like a really really solid device. I just don't spend large amounts of money very often, and when I do its because I bought something that I've been lusting over and researching for months and months. Now I just kinda bought it on a whim and I feel awful.

I have a shitty carrier, so I'm limited to what phones I can have. It was the only one even semi-good.

But yeah, I hate spending money like that. :C make me feel better about it. My PC is next, and thats gonna cost me even more x.x

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Think of all the fun games you can play now that you have a kind of decent phone. Nothing more disappointing than finding out you can't play a game that looks or sounds interesting just because your phone or PC can't handle it.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

The Undead Reputation: 470

y u punch phone

I always keep my old ones as spares, got about 4 lying around now.

I think spending a decent amount on a good smart phone is worth it at the moment, there's a million uses for them with all the apps you can get. It's a good investment, just make it last. No punching phone okay.

I was mad because the cracks on the screen had spread. I'm generally very good with my stuff, and haven't ever broken one until this last one.

I use my phone constantly, between web browsing, texting, snapchat and photography...but ugh. Thanks for the reassurance haha. I'm kinda excited to have a nice one for once. Radiohead put out a new app my current phone struggled with, so I'm looking forward to that.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

murica ... limited on choosing a mobile phone ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Satan. Wank it Phanein. Reputation: 605

Get flappy bird. Just find the apk on the internet.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Get flappy bird. Just find the apk on the internet.
    Rofl I had it for about 3 minutes, I said "this is both awful and stupid" and promptly deleted it. I don't understand the hype or the hate...people just obviously weren't able to move on like I was I guess.

Anyone else also have that phone? Or had? Opinions? I read a lot of reviews, everyone seems to love it except people who bought it that weren't aware it was locked to my carrier...duh.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

A smartphone is always a good investment. Tons of apps that are viable to making your life easier. Gps, maps, Google search, etc.

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 145

Buy a sturdy phone case and screen protector.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Rofl I had it for about 3 minutes, I said "this is both awful and stupid" and promptly deleted it. I don't understand the hype or the hate...people just obviously weren't able to move on like I was I guess.

Anyone else also have that phone? Or had? Opinions? I read a lot of reviews, everyone seems to love it except people who bought it that weren't aware it was locked to my carrier...duh.
    I have one and it's nice. Only thing I don't like about it is that it takes a while to charge.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast