Archeage Rusian OB Disscusion

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabontat View Post
    Russia is pretty big you know 8 bucks less from me won't harm them
    just saying if you want to enjoy the game to it's fullest ,lol.
    8 bucks is nothing for me, so yeah. i'll gladly put it down to get to do more stuff.

there's a wolf in my heart

A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    just saying if you want to enjoy the game to it's fullest ,lol.
    8 bucks is nothing for me, so yeah. i'll gladly put it down to get to do more stuff.
    which server u play ? im on Aier

Quote Originally Posted by Senseos View Post
    which server u play ? im on Aier
    gin with like 200 other peeps lol

A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

gin with like 200 other peeps lol
    gIN o_o

i think its Dzin

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    So i havent been following this game, can someone give a quick run-down of pro and cons(or if someone already has, can you link it?)

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Just I've seen a few of you mention it so i figured I'd see what the hubbub was about.
    This is just off the top of my head and my head is pretty blank at the moment, but...

Pros:
    • Nice blend of sandbox and themepark features (First/leveling portion is mostly themepark, the rest is mostly sandbox with open PVP and other awesome stuff)
    • Nice naval system, with pirating and cool naval battles with ships that you can run around on, hook, board, etc...
    • A nice emphasis on crafting/gathering (you or someone else has to build that boat or house or castle, etc...)
    • Housing
    • Awesome class system where you mix and match several different "trees" to create your own class, which results in a shitton of possible combinations. Great for theorycrafters or those that like to be unique/different.
    • Movement in combat
    • Gliders
    • farming/growing system
    • Unique magi-tech (magic and technology seamlessly blended together) fantasy world

Cons:
    • Point-and-click combat (although you can move around a lot, so it doesn't feel to boring)
    • Korean-made so kinda grindy
    • The version we are currently playing on is Russian, although there is an English patch and large English-speaking community
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    This is just off the top of my head and my head is pretty blank at the moment, but...

Pros:
    • Nice blend of sandbox and themepark features (First/leveling portion is mostly themepark, the rest is mostly sandbox with open PVP and other awesome stuff)
    • Nice naval system, with pirating and cool naval battles with ships that you can run around on, hook, board, etc...
    • A nice emphasis on crafting/gathering (you or someone else has to build that boat or house or castle, etc...)
    • Housing
    • Awesome class system where you mix and match several different "trees" to create your own class, which results in a shitton of possible combinations. Great for theorycrafters or those that like to be unique/different.
    • Movement in combat
    • Gliders
    • farming/growing system
    • Unique magi-tech (magic and technology seamlessly blended together) fantasy world

Cons:
    • Point-and-click combat (although you can move around a lot, so it doesn't feel to boring)
    • Korean-made so kinda grindy
    • The version we are currently playing on is Russian, although there is an English patch and large English-speaking community
    Hmm this does sound promising. Think I'll look up how to apply and then the patch. I'll post my ign once i get to that point.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Hmm this does sound promising. Think I'll look up how to apply and then the patch. I'll post my ign once i get to that point.
    Seems like the guild we're in is growing. Today there was 9+ people on Raidcall most of the day. I decided to buy premium today as well (only $9.30, so it was worth it). Also, not sure if it's just because the game is in beta, but the cash shop doesn't seem to be pay-to-win at all. You can buy some stuff, but it's mostly cosmetic or convenience. Such as a swan boat (aka love boat), or a neat suit with a feathered hat. The closest thing to "pay to win" in the cash shop is a potion that instantly restores 500 work points, but they can only be used once per 4 hours and cost $1.50 each. With premium, you naturally regain something like 1,400 or so Work points per day (I THINK). So it's not too much of a big deal and definitely not a game-breaker and will only give you a slight hand-up while crafting/gathering. Honestly, it seems more like it's for non-prems who want to regain their work points faster without having to pay a full $9 for the month or something.

I think either tomorrow or the next day, we should a galleon available and most of us will be level 30+, so we can probably begin our careers as pirates or something.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Seems like the guild we're in is growing. Today there was 9+ people on Raidcall most of the day. I decided to buy premium today as well (only $9.30, so it was worth it). Also, not sure if it's just because the game is in beta, but the cash shop doesn't seem to be pay-to-win at all. You can buy some stuff, but it's mostly cosmetic or convenience. Such as a swan boat (aka love boat), or a neat suit with a feathered hat. The closest thing to "pay to win" in the cash shop is a potion that instantly restores 500 work points, but they can only be used once per 4 hours and cost $1.50 each. With premium, you naturally regain something like 1,400 or so Work points per day (I THINK). So it's not too much of a big deal and definitely not a game-breaker and will only give you a slight hand-up while crafting/gathering. Honestly, it seems more like it's for non-prems who want to regain their work points faster without having to pay a full $9 for the month or something.

I think either tomorrow or the next day, we should a galleon available and most of us will be level 30+, so we can probably begin our careers as pirates or something.
    there's also underwater farming, treasure hunting, goods trading and theft.

what server are you guys on?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

there's also underwater farming, treasure hunting, goods trading and theft.

what server are you guys on?
    Was just going to ask what server I should join...hopefully not one of the currently locked ones.

Was just going to ask what server I should join...hopefully not one of the currently locked ones.
    i /think/ Джин opens up tomorrow for character creation.. we have a huge guild and everyone is really helpful and will help you with whatever, but it's pretty crowded, with a 1k queue most of the time.

Таян has some english players, relatively empty/close-knit server because it's from the pre-access days and has been locked since, also opens tomorrow.

then you have Даута, one of the newest servers, with some people on it. third most popular server i guess.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast