Thread: TitanFall Beta

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 31

Default TitanFall Beta

So i was accepted into the Beta and i have officially been won over. It has been amazing !! Game is super addictive. Anyone here getting it March 11

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316

It's EA and on origin. That's like double cancer, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    I don't pay much attention to all that bro I just play the game when I'm not working or with my GF/Fam if I enjoy it I continue playing..

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Just got the beta and am currently downloading at 33%. Should be done within the hour.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Just got the beta and am currently downloading at 33%. Should be done within the hour.
    Dude wait till u get your hands on it. You will be sold haha i cant wait for official release. It has been announced that there will be 14 maps. There are two u can play in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by DneL View Post
    Dude wait till u get your hands on it. You will be sold haha i cant wait for official release. It has been announced that there will be 14 maps. There are two u can play in the beta.
    I've been enjoying the game a lot so far. I spent about 5-6 hours yesterday playing nearly non-stop. There's only a couple of problems I had with the game, one of which I'm hoping will be in the full released version.

First is that teams are easily stacked. There's no team balancing as far as I can tell. The team that one gets to stay together, even if they're completely dominated for five matches in a row. This is maddeningly annoying, but educational at the same time. In the process of playing against the same stacked team for three matches in a row, I learned a lot of neat little tricks and techniques to dominate, and by the fourth match I single-handly brought my team very close to winning. But yeah, it's annoying as all hell having to leave a lobby and re-join so you can at least hope to finding even teams. But when you do get even teams, it's magical. Close, intense matches with and epic feeling. It doesn't even matter if you win or lose in those matches, either way you feel awesome.

The other issue I have is the stupid strafing. I'm tired of people running left and right, shooting with insane accuracy. And I honestly don't think I would care as much if it didn't look so stupid. The effect doesn't even work after the first couple of instances, so I don't know why people keep doing it. All they accomplish is getting themselves killed with a few noob kills a match.

The wall running and hanging is insane. And it's a pretty intuitive system as well. The game seems to "know" where you're trying to go and helps you get there. One of the worries I had coming into the game was that I would find myself trying to jump around or wall run and find that it didn't work out to well for me. I'm glad that worry didn't come to anything.

One of my all-time favorite things in the game, though, has to be the NPCs/story portion. I'm sure this will become a lot more apparent in the full release version, but already in the beta I've fallen in love. Some matches, I find myself just following a squad of grunts so I can listen to their chatter. If you take a moment to listen, there's a lot of interesting things to hear. Plus it's neat how the grunts seem to essentially worship Titan pilots, and most of them aspire to become a pilot someday. Hearing calls for med evacs over the comm and then turning to see a friendly grunt pulling his wounded buddy to cover in a fire-fight is cinematic as a game possibly can get. Most single player games don't have anything near that type of dynamic and interesting AI characters, and I'm surprised that Titanfall was able to achieve it in a multiplayer setting.

And the Titans themselves are awesome. And not just piloting them. Fighting a titan is amazing, especially when you're not in your own titan. Titans seem like gods, and you feel like a godslayer as you release a salvo of rockets into one. And Titan-vs-titan battles are intense as hell. Funny enough, tho, I find myself not liking that Titan-only game modes. I much prefer the other modes where Titans are just a part of the match, rather than the focus.

I'll definitely be buying the game. Well worth the money.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

@ApocaRuff i knew you would like it. & I'm sure the balancing issue will be resolved come release. I actually haven't had a single problem yet, but I'm assuming you played on PC, I'm playing on my X1

@ApocaRuff i knew you would like it. & I'm sure the balancing issue will be resolved come release. I actually haven't had a single problem yet, but I'm assuming you played on PC, I'm playing on my X1
    Yeah, it's basically all I've wanted in a Mech game since I played MechWarrior: Living Legends years ago. Awesome ground and mech fighting.

I've found that I enjoy Hardpoint the most out of all the game modes. It's the most intense and rewarding, in my opinion. Plus I feel like Hardpoint is the way the game was intended to be played (tho that's just my opinion).

Also, yeah, I'm playing on the PC. Don't own a X1 unfortunately. I might buy an xbox controller for my PC, however, as I feel like the game might be a lot of fun with that combined with the Oculus once it's released.
    -Cingal

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Yeah, it's basically all I've wanted in a Mech game since I played MechWarrior: Living Legends years ago. Awesome ground and mech fighting.

I've found that I enjoy Hardpoint the most out of all the game modes. It's the most intense and rewarding, in my opinion. Plus I feel like Hardpoint is the way the game was intended to be played (tho that's just my opinion).

Also, yeah, I'm playing on the PC. Don't own a X1 unfortunately. I might buy an xbox controller for my PC, however, as I feel like the game might be a lot of fun with that combined with the Oculus once it's released.
    could not have said that any better myself .. Its my dream mech game. & yes buy an xbox one controller the game will become a lot more fun with it and i imagine it might be a bit easier. Wish you had that X1 i would game with you every night

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Thanks for this

Quote Originally Posted by mitch12 View Post
    Thanks for this
    Just curious why exactly are you thanking me? Did you play the game and enjoy it if so your welcome

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117

Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    Servers are hosted by Microsoft too. Triple cancer. I don't see Multiplayer campaign working out unless they fix trolls and griefers, packet editing.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 02-18-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

Would have been awesome with larger maps and some other vehicles. But as it is, meh, doesn't look like it'll hold my interest long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    Would have been awesome with larger maps and some other vehicles. But as it is, meh, doesn't look like it'll hold my interest long enough.

You do realize this is beta? There are more maps.. More titans more chasis..

Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

You do realize this is beta? There are more maps.. More titans more chasis..
    I do realize this is beta. I also realize they're gonna milk every little DLC out of it that they can. So yeah there will be new maps and titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    I do realize this is beta. I also realize they're gonna milk every little DLC out of it that they can. So yeah there will be new maps and titans.
    I would too if i created a game.. They made the game to make money not friends lol. World of Warcraft also releases DLC .. They been milking wow for years .. Whats wrong with that?

& the game is releasing with 15 maps .. Thats a good chunk