Relationships in MMORPGs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Catling View Post
    ...I get plenty of pussy.
    So much it even spills into your avatar picture. Swimming in it.
    Relationships in MMORPGs study: https://smupsychology.qualtrics.com/...LMTfijysGyN7jn

If you're 18+, play/have played an MMORPG, and even if you've never had an online relationship but have an opinion about them then please participate!

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

I hooked up with a cute middle-eastern girl from Oman, she was going to college here in the states. Met her through a MUD game. We ended up breaking it off because her parents had an arranged marriage for her back home lol.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum View Post
    I hooked up with a cute middle-eastern girl from Oman, she was going to college here in the states. Met her through a MUD game. We ended up breaking it off because her parents had an arranged marriage for her back home lol.
    Sucks about the previously arranged marriage. Makes for a good story/memory regardless though. The old school days of MUDs no less.
    Relationships in MMORPGs study: https://smupsychology.qualtrics.com/...LMTfijysGyN7jn

If you're 18+, play/have played an MMORPG, and even if you've never had an online relationship but have an opinion about them then please participate!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 23

I did your survey...

I actually joined here to meet people that like mporgs cause I'm looking for people my age...(35+ is rare in the gaming world that I'm in...sigh) I've had really loving comfortable online relationships in the past...Conquer Online was my first MMO where I met my first bf...it was good and I miss it to be honest..anyone looking to make friends hit me up...I spend alot of time online...and I'm BORED

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Oh the stories I could tell.

I've forwarded the survey to a couple friends, and I'll take it myself when I have the time later.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyper1970 View Post
    I did your survey...

I actually joined here to meet people that like mporgs cause I'm looking for people my age...(35+ is rare in the gaming world that I'm in...sigh) I've had really loving comfortable online relationships in the past...Conquer Online was my first MMO where I met my first bf...it was good and I miss it to be honest..anyone looking to make friends hit me up...I spend alot of time online...and I'm BORED
    I started playing MMORPGs when I was 14 (almost 10 years ago now) with a friend of mine. Both of us were shy, geeky, and didn't get along well with other people our age. I found a new home in MMORPGs, and the people I met made it feel that way. I felt I fit in so much better, even though most of the people I played with were older than me. The age differences never really mattered to me, because the online world breaks down or makes invisible many of those barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefos View Post
    Oh the stories I could tell.

I've forwarded the survey to a couple friends, and I'll take it myself when I have the time later.
    That's really awesome, thank you!

Stories are always fun to share, and there sure as hell isn't a lack of them. When you spend years playing, meeting thousands of people, it's difficult not to come away with some crazy stories.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 15

I met my girlfriend of 5 years on WoW, so it works sometimes.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 110

that was a nice survey

DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends (PH) - Grand Chase

(Youtube) Shameless GamePlay Dump

Quote Originally Posted by Verranicus View Post
    I met my girlfriend of 5 years on WoW, so it works sometimes.
    Like dating in any setting, it's not always going to work out. Just because you meet someone at school doesn't mean you're going to have a higher success rate than meeting someone online. It's simply another place to meet people with similar interests, and a more vast area to find someone who may be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyeon View Post
    that was a nice survey
    Thank you! I would hope it's at least somewhat enjoyable to take, to ease the burden of the length. It's an interesting topic (to me and what seems like many others), so an interesting survey to go along with it goes hand-in-hand I suppose.

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 16

I think online relationships can work just as well in real life, as long as both parties are dedicated and at least adults. Teenage relationships can work too but the problem is financial Independence, adults are just more likely to take the relationship to the real world and cover the distance most of these relationships demand.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast