Relationships in MMORPGs

Hybrid View

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default Relationships in MMORPGs

Hi everyone,

I'm a psychology student doing my thesis on relationships in MMORPGs and I'm looking for participants. Even if you have never been in an online relationship, anyone who plays or has played an MMORPG is invited to participate! The survey will only take about 15-20 minutes. Must be 18+ in order to participate.

It's a topic that has barely been studied and more work needs to be done. Thanks in advance to everyone who takes a look and participates! Feel free to contact me for more information.

https://smupsychology.qualtrics.com/...LMTfijysGyN7jn

Cheers!

-Patricia

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Great survey!! I enjoyed taking it.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I have completed your survey, yet I am only 16. All of your data is corrupted! hahahaha.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    I have completed your survey, yet I am only 16. All of your data is corrupted! hahahaha.
    I'm prepared to join your rebellion
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

I lived for 3 years with a girl I met in an MMORPG. It fell apart once we discovered we had interests outside MMORPGs.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 145

I personally know two relationships that blossomed from WoW. My brother and his fiancee, and my brother's friend and his wife.

I also know my brother's friend met her husband online, but I can't recall if she met him through WoW or if it was through some other internet medium.

I've met quite a few people from WoW and I immensely enjoyed the experience. I definitely classify it as some of the best memories I've acquired in my adulthood. I, also, did meet and have a relationship with someone, but it ended because he was verbally abusive and dishonest.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post

If you double confirmed that your age was 18, then that's enough for me. :P The age restriction was due to the fact that the questionnaire contains questions about sexuality, so some ethical issues can arise if participants are teenagers. It would be open to pretty much anyone otherwise.