Can anyone build a good gaming laptop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Talking Can anyone build a good gaming laptop?

Ok so im always moving around and traveling. Never staying in 1 spot for 2 long.
    I need help on making a gaming laptop for less then $2,500. I wanted to buy a premade laptop form alienware but ppl tell me that u can build ur own with better specs for cheaper.
    Now i know software but not su much into hardware.
    Can anyone help me design a good to realygood gaming laptop? Im looking for something that will run Battlefield 4 i would love to run it at max but ill settle for normal specs as well.

Please im desperate

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Lol, what? The only way to build your own laptop is when the seller is giving you upgrade options. You can't just buy components and put it in a laptop case

i know that.
    im talking about when u click on build ur own on dell, acer, razor, toshiba, hp.
    i dont know where to look for cheaper but good components.

edit: at least point me in the direction of like the make and model of a good laptop
    Last edited by Skape87PL; 02-17-2014 at 03:56 PM.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 141

You used a "$" sign so I'm just going to assume you're a American, but if I'm wrong be sure to tell me so I can link you to a better site for you.

Go to http://www.xoticpc.com/

I recommend Clevo/Sager, MSI, & Gigabyte. Don't buy an Alienware from there. If you want an Alienware PC what you have to do is call in and talk to them (Dell/Alienware CS). They give massive discounts from that start as low as 15% & free shipping up to 35% & free shipping. Never pay full price for Alienware.

If you know what type of games you'll be playing & what other activities you want to use it just give me a shout and I can help you out.

@Ham.... Do you count barebone building as building? Because There are plenty of barebone kits for laptops that give you the housing, motherboard, and power supply. Most give you a LCD panel but some just give you a list of what works. You have to supply your GPU, CPU, memory, etc etc etc.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

large screen size so i can see more. im going to be playing battlefield 4 and MMOs like Final Fantasy Online and soon to be Elder Scrolls Online
    i need to make sure that it wont drag its ass on me or over heat when playing (had that happen to me before even when it was sitting on a cooling station). it will be mostly used for gaming and a little for school (finaly going back after more then 6 years but it will be online)
    im looking into the MSI laptops they are getting awesome reviews.

like i said im completly lost when it comes to hardware so chosing a graphic card and processor is like me performing heart surgery blindfolded and drunk. i dont know whats better nvidia or adm, also processors i have no clue where to even go near that

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

But Alienware Laptop if you are really into gaming
    If you're out of budget I suggest spec wise, especially graphic driver to have a pleasant gaming experience.

For ATI choose 7850 above not 77 or 73 it should be 850

For Nvidia 760 above not 720, 750
    Last edited by JigsawPuzzle; 02-28-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by JigsawPuzzle View Post
    But Alienware Laptop if you are really into gaming
    No, never. Alienware tends to overprice just for the branding, and are usually a generation behind in processors nowadays.

For mobile GPUs, I seriously suggest AMD Graphics, even if you want to play PhysX games. If you REALLY need PhysX / NVIDIA, you should wait until the mobile 800 GTX series comes out. Why? Because NVIDIA is always Gen Minus One when it comes to their Mobile GPUs. (IE: 770m GTX = GTX 650 in Desktop or so.)

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    No, never. Alienware tends to overprice just for the branding, and are usually a generation behind in processors nowadays.

For mobile GPUs, I seriously suggest AMD Graphics, even if you want to play PhysX games. If you REALLY need PhysX / NVIDIA, you should wait until the mobile 800 GTX series comes out. Why? Because NVIDIA is always Gen Minus One when it comes to their Mobile GPUs. (IE: 770m GTX = GTX 650 in Desktop or so.)
    This man speaks the truth.

Just to update everyone. He PM'd me more questions and he decided to get MSI GS70 if I remember correctly. That is definitely not a bad, nor an overpriced laptop. Especially if he gets a military discount from XoticPC.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    This man speaks the truth.

Just to update everyone. He PM'd me more questions and he decided to get MSI GS70 if I remember correctly. That is definitely not a bad, nor an overpriced laptop. Especially if he gets a military discount from XoticPC.
    I didn't get a gaming laptop as of yet. They're way too expensive for my monthly income.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    I didn't get a gaming laptop as of yet. They're way too expensive for my monthly income.
    Was talking about OP :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast