Indie Online RPG's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Elderlands seemed very promising, but the open alpha has just finished.

Cheers for all the suggestions, keep em coming if you got more ideas ^^

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 185

Wow thanks!! I couldn't remember what this game was called after reformatting my hard drive half a decade ago.
    Wait - this is from 2013. Then what's its predecessor?
    Last edited by Phenoca; 02-19-2014 at 07:20 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 284

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Wow thanks!! I couldn't remember what this game was called after reformatting my hard drive half a decade ago.
    Wait - this is from 2013. Then what's its predecessor?
    if you mean Elderlands, Dransik(which became ashen empires)
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

www.Illutia.com is decent, I haven't played it in years so I can't really comment on the state of things. Makes me wonder if my already rare stash of equipment is mythical status these days... I may need to hop on and see if anyone tries to throw money at me for it, out of sheer boredom.
    »Games & IGN«
    •Wurm Online » Leviathan•
    •FFTA2•
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Cheers fellas.

There's also Tibia.

Any more ideas?

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10

www.bluesaga.org , fun little 2d mmo, frequently updated small playerbase and it's in beta!

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 106

I'll second Blue Saga. It's still very much in beta and the population is fairly low, but it has a great old-school sense of exploration and cooperation which most modern mmorpg's simply lack.

You could try Xenimus (site:www.xenimus.com). It's about as indie as they come, because as far as I know it is entirely programmed, designed, and operated by one person. Here are some of my opinions on it:

Pros:
    Very fast-paced, fun, and reactive combat system - to date the combat system in this game is probably my favorite of any mmo, even though the game itself is pretty outdated.

Huge world to explore, filled with many secrets and places to explore (hidden/drop-down walls, secret rooms, secret methods to gain buffs)

Low requirements - This game has been around since like 2000, so it can run on most computers. It has undergone a few graphics updates since then, including an optional first-person view.

Full PVP with 2 factions - The PVP is one of the game's main selling points, but it really doesn't get fun until you are high level (45+)

Completely free - the game is free with a cash shop and optional subscription. Nothing in the cash shop is overpowered in any way - as far as I know all that it provides is stat/skill respecs. The subscription gives you a small experience boost (I think 15%) and the ability to own a house or castle.

Cons:
    Very difficult to get started - the first 10-15 levels are brutal, especially if you know nothing about the game or what to do. The game really starts to get more fun around level 15-25, after you can hold your own and know the map better. It can be difficult to learn about the game, because very little info is available online due to the small community, and the game frequently undergoes huge changes from big updates (as it did this week). You really need to read the in-game help, game wiki, and ask other players about things like where to level.

Very grindy - It doesn't take long at all to reach mid-levels if you know where to go, but reaching lv65-70 (70 is cap) requires obscene amounts of time.

Bad community - This game has one of the rudest, most disrespectful, and cutthroat communities I've seen in a mmorpg. Fortunately there are still plenty of very nice and helpful people in the game, and you don't have to interact with the other ones if you don't want to.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Elderland looks fantastic. Hopefully we get an open beta sometime soon.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 29

Love is an interesting game.
    Im serious the game is called Love and its an Online game that has a very Watercolor look to it.
    http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It used to cost 10$ to play. But Now its free to play. I highly suggest you guys check it out if you ever get the chance. Its a great game and its truely a unique experience and sets itself apart from most games out there.
    Last edited by Imaword2; 02-23-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast