In Exactly 1 month, Diablo 3 Auction House will be removed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

I care more about the swapping of gear looks :P finally no more ugly half samurai monk.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 438

i included that as well when i said enchanter

also you can finally dye legendaries , no more crappy rainbow colors on my characters

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 20

I'm really looking forward to RoS, with no doubt the game will be fun. However, my main concern lies with the longevity and lack of endgame...also BoA on everything is disappointing. Companies really need to learn that hurting players because of botters isn't how to go about fixing the issue.

Edit: Also I wish i had your battletags :^), need ppl to play with lol
    Last edited by Shoogala; 02-18-2014 at 10:29 AM.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

the game can Shut Down tomorow i dont care about Trash

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 22

The AH was never the core problem for D3, that's just missing the forest for the trees. The AH was a good system, it shortcut the need to sit in chat for hours on end spamming WTT X for Y. The problem was that the game was balanced around the AH, drop rates were set low because it was assumed you would be using the AH, it became part of the progression you were expected to use and that was what caused so much trouble.

Now we've lost virtually all trading. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this whole BoP thing that's going to happen, we'll see how it turns out I guess. I'm still going to get the expansion, I did have fun with D3 and I hope to continue having fun. The test realm has been a blast to play and I hope it's a sign of things to come for the game, or at least a step in the right direction.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 38

I still have mixed feeling regarding RoS. Been lurking on D3 forums every now and then. Not so sure what to think of it.

Regardless, i have pre-ordered and cant wait for it.

NOW PLAYING:
    D3

WAITING FOR:
    Wonderking
    Tree of Saviour

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 30

I haven't played D3 in a couple years, but wasn't Blizzard making money from the RM AH? Taking a percentage of the sales and whatnot.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

I only played D3 for 10-11 days. I was farming Inferno Act II with my Wizard by then. The game is done, done as is they never did rollbacks or took care of all the exploits that plagued it. Through a simple exploit people were wielding dual 2H weapons for almost a year and even when they fixed it, they only prevented new players from using it, but rest remained with dual 2H until they decided to unequip wpns.

The gold dupe thing was the nail in the coffin, fortunately I got the game for free thx to the annual WOW pass promo so I didn't burn myself. The AH is least I'm concerned about...
    Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

There will still be a trading community outside D3. Just like D2 had. Difference is there are now people with billions of gold. That is still worth something, unlike in D2 where gold had little to no value. Someone said AH wasnt the core problem. That actually was exactly the core problem. You spend more time on the AH min/maxing then actually playing the game. Even if you would increase droprates, AH would still be a problem. You cant compare it with a real mmo where an AH kinda works.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    There will still be a trading community outside D3. Just like D2 had. Difference is there are now people with billions of gold. That is still worth something, unlike in D2 where gold had little to no value. Someone said AH wasnt the core problem. That actually was exactly the core problem. You spend more time on the AH min/maxing then actually playing the game. Even if you would increase droprates, AH would still be a problem. You cant compare it with a real mmo where an AH kinda works.
    Actually there will be no trading community at all. All crafting items, gems, gold, and legendary items are Bind on Pickup now. The only thing with any value that can still be traded is rare items and, potentially, specific white items since they are needed for legendary crafting.

The AH wasn't honestly that big a deal though, the problem is the drop rates basically demanded that you had to play the AH to progress. If the drop rates had been reasonable then most people wouldn't have cared about the AH, the problem was that the AH was mandatory instead of optional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast