In Exactly 1 month, Diablo 3 Auction House will be removed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 11

Default In Exactly 1 month, Diablo 3 Auction House will be removed

So in exactly 1 month from now March 18, 2014 AH will be removed in-game. So the question is what will gonna happen when Both Gold and real money auction house got removed?

http://www.diablofans.com/news/47788...-down-on-march
    Never let the fear of striking out, keeps you from playing the game.

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

Quote Originally Posted by pancake68 View Post
    So the question is what will gonna happen when Both Gold and real money auction house got removed?
    The world will be a slightly better place, I assume.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

I could care less about the auction , if only the release of the expansion came sooner ...

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    The world will be a slightly better place, I assume.
    "slightly" lol
    but even without the "legit" auction house real money trades still exist. There is playerauctions and ebay or other sites

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    I could care less about the auction , if only the release of the expansion came sooner ...
    then maybe they are planning something just like on world of warcraft
    Never let the fear of striking out, keeps you from playing the game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

So they illegitimize legal real money trading, and then they illegitimize in-game item trading, and now the only way to get good items is through black market. Gosh.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 13

Unfortunately for Diablo 3, this is only ONE of the major problems the game has. Unless they give us INTERESTING and MEANINGFUL character progression that allows us to be invested in our character, the game will go the way of the first iteration of Diablo 3. Inferno was hard yes, but it wasn't because it was hard that people quit. People quit because the only meaningful way to progress was gear. Once you hit the wall in Inferno and realized you needed a LOT more gear to get through it, all you could do is farm. Paragon levels had benefits sure, but it was not interesting enough for people to care.

I hope the expansion proves me wrong because I would love a reason to hop back into Diablo 3. However, from what I have seen and played so far, it seems to be more of the same. The easier access to better gear will make it last a bit longer (maybe, I have doubts about this too), but the itemization on the new gear is so ridiculously boring. Again, I hope I am wrong.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

I'm not going to bother organizing my thoughts too much but...

Real Money Trading(RMT) can have a severe, negative impact on games. Games that are grind oriented, like Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft, are often effected the worst.

First and foremost it can trade longevity for quick sales. Players get what they want and have no reason to play.

It can cause in game economy to be unstable and easy to exploit.

Even players who do not wish to partake in RMT can be effected. It cheapens their experience. They just don't see the point in working HOURS to progress when the same thing can be achieved for a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by pancake68 View Post
    then maybe they are planning something just like on world of warcraft
    Since i don't like nor play world of warcraft , i have no idea what you mean by that ...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

Im guessing everyone but seya didnt play the RoS beta? all gear becomes account bound unless found in a game with other people then you can only trade to those people in your party at the time of the drop for a little bit of time 2hours iirc. I honestly think removing auction house will hurt more than having it in unless they remove the account bound but then we'll be back to people complaining about selling gear in a non competitive game until they add ladders which may be what account bound will be used for.

i'm more interested in exploration mode and the enchanter , also nether rifts and bounty hunting and act 5 and Paladin , it is a paladin no matter what other names they give it

in truth , everything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast