GW 2 Yearly sale income dropped by 80 mil $

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default GW 2 Yearly sale income dropped by 80 mil $

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gui.../1100-6417784/

NCSoft's latest earnings report shows that Guild Wars 2 sales have dropped dramatically from $112 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 to $32 million in the fourth quarter of 2013.

That's not as dismal as it may first appear when you take into account that Guild Wars 2 launched in Q4 2012, when it was bound to sell the most copies. The fact that developer ArenaNet was able to cite at least one report that found it to be the fastest selling MMO ever, also puts things into perspective.

Guild Wars 2 has also yet to launch in China, where historically MMOs have been known to get a substantial boost in sales. ArenaNet has partnered with the KongZhong Corporation to launch the game there this year, and also plans to launch it in NCSoft's native South Korea, Russia, Brazil, and Southeast Asia.

The new territories will give Guild Wars 2 plenty of opportunities increase sales numbers.

For more on Guild Wars II, check out GameSpot's review.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Gosh. Fewer sales a year after release than at release? Impossibru!
    Now what about cash shop/gem sales?
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

I want them to release expansions like GW 1 with additional classes , Ritualist , Dervish .... I really want those classes . And you could also combine them to make Hybrids ...

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

I'm sure an expansion will come eventually. ArenaNet's probably just trying to avoid falling into the WoW trap of yearly expansions. I'm hoping we get to go back to Cantha and Elona at some point and get Dervish, etc. as playable classes.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    I'm sure an expansion will come eventually. ArenaNet's probably just trying to avoid falling into the WoW trap of yearly expansions. I'm hoping we get to go back to Cantha and Elona at some point and get Dervish, etc. as playable classes.
    NCSoft is actually the one calling the shots on whether or not ArenaNet will be able to make an expansion for GW2. So far they've said no since they'd rather spend all their money on Aion and Lineage 2

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Yea i really liked the banana scythe

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

OT: Seya your siggy is disturbing

Would you be so kind to make it smaller? Is really annoying to have to scroll down in every thread you post in because of your sig.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    I want them to release expansions like GW 1 with additional classes , Ritualist , Dervish .... I really want those classes . And you could also combine them to make Hybrids ...
    The first major expansion probably will be coming very soon. Considering the biggest living world event started on the 18th of February 2014 (Today/Yesterday.) Which has a siege occurring on Lion's Arch. That city hasn't really had this kind of thing occur in over 200+ Years or so.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    i would love for us to get the ritualist and dervish but before the game came out and people were asking about what classes would be coming out they said assassin and ritualist were reworked into other classes. so assassin was reworked into thief and ritualist was reworked into guardian(spirit weapons and such) i think it would be really cool to get the dervish back but idk how well they would work in GW2.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

this game lacked skill builds... the fact you couldn't change your sworld skills or weapon skills really turned me off - i'd rather have zero weapon switching and have 100+ of skills to choose from instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast