What Happens When A Black Man And A White Man Try To Break Into The Same Car (VIDEO)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Default What Happens When A Black Man And A White Man Try To Break Into The Same Car (VIDEO)

The man trying to get into Jason Roberts' car was clearly a professional.

His movements were quick, skilled and evidently practiced. He began to attract the notice of skeptical onlookers. Who was that man breaking into the Mazda? Shouldn't someone do something?

A "professional" was exactly what he was, and, having called AAA for help getting into his locked car, Roberts expected nothing less. He was, however, unnerved by the stares of the people questioning the motives of a mechanic who was only trying to help. Then it hit him -- they were suspicious because, unlike him, the mechanic was black.

Roberts, a host on the YouTube channel Simple Misfits, decided to replicate the situation, this time camera in hand, so that everyone could witness the same unacceptable double standard that he had. He didn't realize how intense the response would be. Watch the video below to see for yourself (warning: NSFW language).

When Roberts attempted to break into his car, he set off the alarm again and again, but received only a few raised eyebrows. When actor Quentin Brunson took his turn, Los Angeles police were on the scene within two minutes, greeting him with profanity and a harsh attitude.

"Let me see your ****ing hands," ordered the first cop to arrive. "Get up against the wall."

Roberts stepped in immediately, but heavy questioning followed. "One thing that he was telling me that was really surprising is that there was a female cop -- I believe she was Caucasian -- she came up to [Brunson] and she asked, 'Oh, why are you so nervous? What's wrong, why are you trembling?'" Roberts told The Huffington Post.

According to Roberts' account, Brunson calmly explained to the cop that he'd never been arrested before. The police officer responded, "You've never been arrested before?"

Roberts' goal for the experiment, he said, was to raise awareness. The video is spreading on the Web just days after Michael Dunn, a white man who fired on a group of black teenagers in Florida, killing one, was convicted on three attempted murder counts but escaped his most serious charge of first-degree murder. Dunn's verdict has revived conversations about how white and black Americans face markedly different levels of suspicion and hostility in many situations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4816041.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

There's a reason none of us posted this earlier. Ah well...

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    There's a reason none of us posted this earlier. Ah well...
    I'd like to think the capacity for racism on this forum is limited only to a sole-few bigots, but we shall see.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

loool the policecar driving by. Oh man. Why'd so many cops come. I am so ashamed to be human :'( FML
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I swear I see these types of videos every single week and every time people are flabbergasted. Not sure where to target my frustration.

Next thing people will rave about will be how women are paid less than men for the same job position.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Next thing people will rave about will be how women are paid less than men for the same job position.
    I'm sorry... is that something that women shouldn't rave about? If you and a woman were working the same exact job & she got paid more I believe men would be upset too.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    I'm sorry... is that something that women shouldn't rave about? If you and a woman were working the same exact job & she got paid more I believe men would be upset too.
    ...as in "oh my god how are people still oblivious to these things and how is this not common sense" not "oh my god women totally deserve to be paid less"...

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    ...as in "oh my god how are people still oblivious to these things and how is this not common sense" not "oh my god women totally deserve to be paid less"...
    lol Sorry mate.

The Undead Reputation: 447

The video makes it look like the black guy got shit because a few guys were standing around long enough to pay attention to what he was doing. When the other guy was doing it everybody looked to be going somewhere.

Did you also notice they moved the car to somewhere else when the black guy was doing it? Was white guy doing it in a lower class area where nobody would want to get involved?
    Last edited by Z0MBiE; 02-21-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    The video makes it look like the black guy got shit because a few guys were standing around long enough to pay attention to what he was doing. When the other guy was doing it everybody looked to be going somewhere.

Did you also notice they moved the car to somewhere else when the black guy was doing it? Was white guy doing it in a lower class area where nobody would want to get involved?
    Video makes it seem like they busted the dude filming too. Kinda dampens the whole "THEY ONLY BUSTED HIM BECAUSE HE'S BLACK" message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast