3DS, 3DS XL, or 2DS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Default 3DS, 3DS XL, or 2DS

Not sure which I should go with once I get the money. I'm guessing that 3DS XL has a bigger screen? Does the 2DS and 3DS have the same size screen? The prices are pretty different, too. $130 for a 2DS, $160 for a 3DS, and $200 for a 3DS XL.

I'm thinking of getting one to play the harvest moon and pokemon games. Not really sure what else is available for it.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229

I HIGHLY suggest Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

As for which one, go with the 3DS XL (if you want to use 3D) or the 2DS if you don't care (I think it was made so more people could play pokemon cheaper).
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Price of 3DSXL doesn't really justify the miniscule screen size increase. Just get 2DS like I did, cheap as hell without any redundant features. Well, feature, singular, 3D mode.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Another option for me to go is to see if I can find a used one at a game store or pawn shop. But I'm not sure if there's any features I would be missing out on if I went that route.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

3DS XL is definitely worth the extra $40. My brother has a normal 3DS and it absolutely dwarfs his. Feels like I'm playing games on a tiny TV.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Price of 3DSXL doesn't really justify the miniscule screen size increase. Just get 2DS like I did, cheap as hell without any redundant features. Well, feature, singular, 3D mode.
    it's almost twice as large, screen wise. lol.

bravely default, smt iv, animal crossing, kid icarus, luigis mansion, the level 5 collection (attack of the friday monsters, weapon shop de omasse, liberation maiden, crimson shroud) fire emblem and so on and so on - tons of strong games for the 3ds.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

XL vs reg.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 151

Always check online for deals, sometimes Walmart will lower the price for a week. Then there's always price matching at other stores and stuff.
    I got my 3DS XL for $169 last year, and it wasn't during Black Friday or the Holiday season. I like it a lot.

Oh, and the screen difference between the XL and the regular 3DS is actually noticeable. My cousin's 3DS looks puny compared to my XL (both the screen size and the actual system itself). c:

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

I'd go for the 3DSXL. I've had both the 3DS and 3DS XL, and there is a huge difference. It's much more enjoyable to play with the larger screen. The 2DS doesn't seem portable and seems to be made mostly for younger children judging by the design (lack of hinges, etc.). If you have the extra money, I'd ignore the 2DS and go right for 3DS XL.

I also got mine on Boxing Week, $160 for 3DSXL + Mario Luigi Dream Team. Was hoping to get the Zelda bundle for the same price but it was sold out. Even now, I see a lot of people selling 3DS XL for under $180 on Kijiji still brand new in the box. Mostly people looking to make 10-20 dollars by selling the discounted systems from the sales.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

When I bought mine the price difference was only $20 extra for the XL...I got the XL, and I'm very glad I did. I was planning on the 2DS, but the not folding part killed it for me. I don't play with the 3D at all...it trips out my eyes and I can't really focus on it when I try.

Also- get Pokemon. So good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast