SquareEnix Wants to bring oter Final Fantasy games to PC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

i want FF 13 and 15 ... but that will never happen
    Then just bring 10 and 12 and il be happy .

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    Agreed. The only issue is that originally they had already made FF7 and FF8 for PC which is why we see them now. I would hope that one day they will remake either FF7, 8 or 9 but after Advent Children I believe that 7 deserves either a remake, a sequel or both. If they did a remake I would hope that they expand on the story just a bit. Like go back to Cloud's days in Soldier (Crisis Core) and then move forward.

I wish SE wasn't trying to save there asses with FF13 by making so many sequels. I would love to play Lightning Returns but I couldn't even bring myself to beat 13. To much repetitiveness. The story wasn't that bad but the game play was just terrible. One day when PS3's are a lot cheaper I plan on buying them all just to force myself to beat them.
    they have said that they will /never/ remake ff7, it'd take too much time/money etc.
    but he did say if he would ever do it, it would be his final project.

pls don't.
    like there is nothing redeeming about the games that make them worth playing, at all.
    they just get progressively worse as well.
    13 is the best, 13-2 is worse(has some better features that make it less linear but it's worse) and lightning returns? what the ****.
    in short, burn 13.

there's a wolf in my heart

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    FF9 pls .
    This. So much this.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: PlayStation 4

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

I was hoping there was a typo in the thread title.
    Sadly, there are no otter FF games.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    they have said that they will /never/ remake ff7, it'd take too much time/money etc.
    but he did say if he would ever do it, it would be his final project.

pls don't.
    like there is nothing redeeming about the games that make them worth playing, at all.
    they just get progressively worse as well.
    13 is the best, 13-2 is worse(has some better features that make it less linear but it's worse) and lightning returns? what the ****.
    in short, burn 13.
    They said that they won't remake FF7 until another FF game get's as my recognition as 7. I understand why they are doing that but a remake would not only bring back old fans but also bring in new ones. In my opinion, they haven't made a decent FF since 10. I didn't play 12 through all the way though so I can't vouch for it but I've seen mixed reviews. The last good one I've played was 10 not including the online ones.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 129

They said that they won't remake FF7 until another FF game get's as my recognition as 7. I understand why they are doing that but a remake would not only bring back old fans but also bring in new ones. In my opinion, they haven't made a decent FF since 10. I didn't play 12 through all the way though so I can't vouch for it but I've seen mixed reviews. The last good one I've played was 10 not including the online ones.
    XII is pretty much a good indication of everything that was wrong with SE at the time. Plenty of good ideas with zero actual sense of direction and a marketing team that only cared about makin' 'dat sweet dollah, so much so that they managed to force Yasumi Matsuno out of the company. It's also arguably the project that caused series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi to leave as well. I'll spare everyone the tirade and just say that XII was supposed to focus around Basch, but the marketing guys didn't want to lose their teen demographic, so we got Vaan and Penelo. Hell, the whole debacle went so poorly that a large portion of XII's dev team left for Mistwalker(Last Story and Lost Odyssey are great and people should play them.).

They've gotten a lot better since then, though. Ya' know, after XIV 1.0 and XIII almost caused them to declare bankruptcy...again.
    Last edited by Lefos; 02-24-2014 at 07:40 AM.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 229

Actually they did say that if they ever made a FF7 remake it would mean the end of the series, so they wouldn't ever do it. So what candy says has a point with the final project comment. To be honest I couldn't care less about FF7 it's over hyped, because it's the first "3D" final fantasy that took out all the good stuff out of FF6, but gave it a worse story, worse character backgrounds and the worst villain (after ultimecia). Now if they made a real FF6 remake with ps3/ps4 graphics with a fixed translation and don't added unnecessary things I would be the happiest guy ever.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Seems interesting

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 294

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Actually they did say that if they ever made a FF7 remake it would mean the end of the series.
    this is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard lol

edit: not as in i think yr dumb. i think they're dumb for saying something so DUMB
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

Great news for those who are addicted on FF titles like me

My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ QUAD CORE
    Graphic Card: Powercolor Devil R9 270x 2gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2 ddr3 1333mhz
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast