SquareEnix Wants to bring oter Final Fantasy games to PC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default SquareEnix Wants to bring other Final Fantasy games to PC

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/squ.../1100-6417852/

The Final Fantasy series may have a future on PC, series producer Yoshinori Kitase has revealed.
    Speaking in a recent interview with Eurogamer, Kitase stated that the early stages of development for the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy saw the team working on PC, before porting the game to consoles.
    The producer revealed that while it was an option for Square Enix to make a PC version, the team ultimately "decided against it". Kitase cited the "market situation" and "complex issues like security" as reasons why a PC version of the game did not go ahead.
    However, the recent release of Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 8 on digital platform Steam proved to be successful, renewing the company's interest in the platform.
    "It's an early stage for us," Kitase said. "We haven't got an awful lot of experience in this field. So when we have more know-how and experience in this market, we would be very interested."
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII was released earlier this month. The game marks the final instalment in the Final Fantasy XIII universe, and concludes the story of protagonist Lightning.
    The newest entry into the Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy XV, was announced last year. The game has been confirmed for a PS4 and Xbox One release, but Square Enix is reportedly undecided on releasing a PC version.
    Last edited by Seya; 02-22-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

It's most likely a money issue and since a lot of people torrent there games. I have a good feeling that we will see more and more games on the PC though with the release of Steambox and steam in general. I don't think were far away from most games getting a PC release.

Edit: I would love for more FF games to come to the PC. Hopefully they hurry up and make a really good Final Fantasy game so we can get either a sequel or remake of one of the classics.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Crap i misspelled the title

Otter ...

Otter Fantasy

Olpah's Object Reputation: 299

ffxv looks kinda cool for an FF game. i am slightly interested.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Only upside for a PC version would be that I could just *cough* it and see if it's worth the full price. Will most likely prefer a ps4 version, though.

The Undead Reputation: 447

FF9 pls .

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

Did someone say Otter?

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    FF9 pls .
    Agreed. The only issue is that originally they had already made FF7 and FF8 for PC which is why we see them now. I would hope that one day they will remake either FF7, 8 or 9 but after Advent Children I believe that 7 deserves either a remake, a sequel or both. If they did a remake I would hope that they expand on the story just a bit. Like go back to Cloud's days in Soldier (Crisis Core) and then move forward.

I wish SE wasn't trying to save there asses with FF13 by making so many sequels. I would love to play Lightning Returns but I couldn't even bring myself to beat 13. To much repetitiveness. The story wasn't that bad but the game play was just terrible. One day when PS3's are a lot cheaper I plan on buying them all just to force myself to beat them.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 42

I'd love to see more FF games on PC. I don't own a console and the lack of turn based RPGs for PC drives me crazy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast